Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,913 members, 7,802,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Would You Answer This Interview Question - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Would You Answer This Interview Question (21294 Views)

How Does One Answer This Strange Interview Question / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? / How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Answer This Interview Question by pocohantas(f): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
Do you prefer a job well done or a job done on time?

Explain why…

I like to think there is no right and wrong to this question. I might be wrong though. lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by placeofallure(f): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
My answer...

Why settle for one when you can have two? In this era of speed and accuracy, you can have a task conscientiously done and timely too.

Thank you.

204 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Emma1Oj(m): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
placeofallure:
My answer...

Why settle for one when you can have two? In this era of speed and accuracy, you can have a task conscientiously done and timely too.

Thank you.
what if the process of getting the job done well takes more time than expected? Are you going to wrap it up to save time or take more time to ensure its properly done?? fully aware that their is no time to get the job done.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Tokskob2008: 10:51pm On Apr 12, 2022
A job done on time that probably has lots of hiccups is no job in the first place so I will settle for a job well done..

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by yanabasee(m): 11:16pm On Apr 12, 2022
placeofallure:
My answer...

Thank you.

Nigeria HR place so much interest in interview questions rather than putting everyone into a practical test and the best gets the job...

On Fiverr or Upwork, your skill earns you a job and not all that interviews or what you wear and how you dressed.

Lots of professors dressed stupid.... And they get more jobs from different universities because their intellects speaks volume.

We need to stop that nonsense..

Nigerian youths will study hoe to answer interview questions and will put little efforts into performance....

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by DontBullshitMe: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2022
My answer will be : I prefer a job well done in a timely manner.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Jubal01: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2022
My answer: e choke!

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by GloriousGbola: 8:08am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you deliver the project on time or do you deliver the project well done?

Very loaded question, especially if the project is supposed to generate income for the business.

For management, on time is always better than well done. I learned that the hard and bitter way. You tell management the truth - that this project cannot be feasibly delivered in this timeline, they will push you out and get someone who will say it can. It then becomes a game of managing expectations.

Ironically I have read that the iPhone was not ready when Steve jobs presented it. A lot of smoke and mirrors goes into project commissioning ceremonies because the owners have set a date in stone for showtime

I guess you have to identify the critical parts of the job that MUST BE Ready, and focus on those while putting off non critical parts to later.

Also for the end user and management you must focus on finishing / UI. A well presented incomplete project can fool the people who need to be fooled

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Built2last: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
Its a trap.

Just say i prefer a job well done in a timely manner.

Both are inversely and conversely related

In interviews, avoid talking too much. You get it messy when you talk too much.

always remember that the interviewer reserves the right to ask follow up question if not satisfied.

16 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Draslo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
Woman, Look at this question from a sexual POV.

Now tell me your answer!

3 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Seyiemath(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Honourable1901(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
You can always have a job well done on time,a stitch in time saves nine
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by WibusJaga: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022

A job well done involves both performing a job well & performing same job on time. So a job can not be said to be well done if it was not done on time. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by lomprico(m): 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

I like to think there is no right and wrong to this question. I might be wrong though. lipsrsealed

Time is money so a job done on time is better. Done forget in the emphasis 'done' the job has been done and on time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by ImoleNaija: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
Wahala

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Cinema4d: 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
lipsrsealed timely delivery is very important. However, a job well done is the most important. Therefore, it is possible to deliver both.

I deliver both cheesy
Check my siggy
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Fididiguy(m): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
It's

EFFECTIVENESS

vs

EFFICIENCY

Both are good, but efficiency has an edge

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Omotosho1090905(m): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job well done on time is achievable

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by CoolAmbience(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

You are correct.

You have to pick 'well' and 'on time' from both to answer correctly.

It is not just enough to do work well or on time.

There has to be a balance between good work and good time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Geesunny: 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas Apost=111893441:

A job is only well done when done on time. Every job has a time line.what is well done in a cloth you needed for Xmas and was delivered in January?

6 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by HembaqMbk: 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job well done is a job done with right quality and within schedule.
pocohantas:

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Elidrisy20: 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Both
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Angelfrost(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
Another needless question among several in dull interviews.

Test for actual skills and competency, not wasting everyone's time with unnecessary questions.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by JayPeeOham: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
pocohantas:

A job well done in time is the way to go in this time and age!

By the way, who still attend interviews these days? cheesy
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by israelmao(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job well done if not done on time may lose its value or become irrelevant.For instance,if a tailor is given a cloth to sew for certain ceremony that would take place at a particular time if he misses the timeline on the basis of a job well done the job done might become valeless because his customer didn't get the cloth at the time it was most needed.Therefore,a job well done must go hand in hand with a job done on time because time is great essence as well as a job well done.
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by AllKnowing: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
As a business owner, I encourage my staff and myself to get a “job well done” in spite of tamper tantrums the client may throw for a delay in receiving their order.

Why?

If your focus is to deliver the job quickly, 70% of the time there’ll be mistakes or the finishing may be mediocre. The client will still complain either ways and to keep that client you must then “recall that order to fix the problem”.

Do you see that you have lost both time and money in recalling and fixing the problem?

So, I rather take a longer time to deliver a perfect job. If the client like make e shout tire!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Abilistic(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
smiley

Budget your time and energy accordingly (So you can finish the project in a timely manner)

1 Like

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Blitzeee(m): 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
I would prefer a job well done

But note that "a job done well and not done on time is not well done so also is a job done on time and not done well"
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Boladdsox(m): 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job weldone can also be done on time. So I will prefer it weldone
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by Beetunez44(m): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
This depends on the job description. The job description is an indicator of the focal point of the job whether it's quantity based or quality based.

The knowledge of this description will guide my response accordingly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by khalids: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Who says they are mutually exclusive.....In almost all cases, time is usually one of the factors in judging a job as being well done.

Without a timeline one is just messing about
Re: How Would You Answer This Interview Question by DesChyko: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
A job well done for me. As the saying goes, more haste, less speed. The value of quality is also in the time necessary to attain it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Nigeria Bottling Company Latest Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Help Me Get A Job And I'l Marry You If You Wish. / Vacancies At The International Committee Of The Red Cross (ICRC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.