Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

OS Update Issues - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OS Update Issues (593 Views)

I Can't Save Files On My Phone After OS Update, Help / See What Happened After My Tecno Camon CX Last OS Upgrade / Checkout Hogwash S3; An Iphone X Clone Running Latest Android 8 OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OS Update Issues by tizteezy(m): 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
I own an Oppo Reno 5, barely 4 months old.
I received an update to upgrade my phone from Android 11 to Android 12, which I did.

Ever since then, I've been struggling to bring my phone display up from a sleeping position.

Sometimes when my phone display goes off, a first tap on the power button illuminates a very faint light that can only be visible in a dark room and on close observation of the screen.
The second tap will turn off that faint light.
The third tap will then bring up my full display for use.

This trend will wear out my power button soon and it's very embarrassing.

Who has an idea what solutions I can take as I've messaged Oppo on Facebook but they're not giving me decent solutions.

They resorted to referring me to their service centres in Lagos and Abuja. But I can't travel all the way from Uyo to those cities just because I want to fix a software bug that was instigated by them in the first place.

Guys please help
Re: OS Update Issues by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2022
tizteezy:
I received an update to upgrade my phone from Windows 11 to Windows 12, which I did.

Ever since then, I've been struggling to bring my phone display up from a sleeping position.

Sometimes when my phone display goes off, a first tap on the power button illuminates a very faint light that can only be visible in a dark room and on close observation of the screen

Who has an idea what solutions I can take as I've messaged Oppo in Facebook but they're not giving me decent solutions.

They resorted to referring me to their service cevtres in Lagos and Abuja. But I can't travel all the way from Uyo to those cities just because I want to fix a software bug that was instigated by them in the first place.

Guys please help
Can you link us. Let's see how windows 12 looks like
Re: OS Update Issues by tizteezy(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2022
Benjaniblinks:

Can you link us. Let's see how windows 12 looks like

How do I link you?
Re: OS Update Issues by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:53am On Apr 15, 2022
tizteezy:

How do I link you?
Do you mean android 12 or Windows 12
Re: OS Update Issues by tizteezy(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2022
Benjaniblinks:

Do you mean android 12 or Windows 12
You're smarter than that
Re: OS Update Issues by shezy14(m): 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
tizteezy:
I received an update to upgrade my phone from Android 11 to Android 12, which I did.

Sometimes when my phone display goes off, a first tap on the power button illuminates a very faint light that can only be visible in a dark room and on close observation of the screen.

Who has an idea what solutions I can take as I've messaged Oppo on Facebook but they're not giving me decent solutions.

They resorted to referring me to their service centres in Lagos and Abuja. But I can't travel all the way from Uyo to those cities just because I want to fix a software bug that was instigated by them in the first place.

Guys please help
factory data reset the phone
Re: OS Update Issues by Parachoko: 5:36pm On Apr 15, 2022
shezy14:
tizteezy nah the solution be this.
Re: OS Update Issues by tizteezy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
Parachoko:
tizteezy nah the solution be this.

I've done that, no difference
Re: OS Update Issues by tizteezy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
shezy14:

Total reset or just settings reset?
Re: OS Update Issues by Jacku: 11:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
All these phones wey una dey buy sef

1 Like

Re: OS Update Issues by obalola007(m): 4:26am On Apr 17, 2022
tizteezy:

Total reset or just settings reset?
Full factory reset

(1) (Reply)

I want to serve A Court Order to One of Nigeria Network Provider / Iphone Xsmax / Phone For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.