Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) (25004 Views)

Gardening: How To Water Plants For A Month At No Cost (Pictures) / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish / Gardening: I Love Gardening; Do You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Mofun: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hello! You can save some of the cost incurred in buying some farm produce just by gardening. And, yes, you can embark on gardening without limits even if there appears to be limitations.

There are various gardening methods/approaches especially when there is no direct soil (that is bare, natural) ground available. So, we employed a few of them in our paved compound.

Manure source: organic matter (natural items that can decompose) such as left-over food, fruit and tuber peels, animal dung, extracts (waste) from fish/meat being prepared for cooking, etc. Nothing is actually allowed to waste. This way, we don't necessarily have to buy vegetables, okro, ewedu (the leaf used to prepare the Yoruba signature soup) all the time. Also, for some fast stew of little proportion or just something to quickly spice up some food we can simply dash into the garden to harvest pepper.

PS. Our landlord recently visited from the UK and he was so thrilled that he decided to go and do something similar upon his return there.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Mofun: 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Mofun:
Hello! You can save some of the cost incurred in buying some farm produce just by gardening. And, yes, you can embark on gardening without limits even if there appears to be limitations.

There are various gardening methods/approaches especially when there is no direct soil (that is bare, natural) ground available. So, we employed a few of them in our paved compound.

Manure source: organic matter (natural items that can decompose) such as left-over food, fruit and tuber peels, animal dung, extracts (waste) from fish/meat being prepared for cooking, etc. Nothing is actually allowed to waste. This way, we don't necessarily have to buy vegetables, okro, ewedu (the leaf used to prepare the Yoruba signature soup) all the time. Also, for some fast stew of little proportion or just something to quickly spice up some food we can simply dash into the garden to harvest pepper.

PS. Our landlord recently visited from the UK and he was so thrilled that he decided to go and do something similar upon his return there.

FarmTech, 
Pavore9
Lalasticlala
Seun

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Mofun: 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
Our neighbours also planted similar things even including yam, cucumber, water melon, etc. I will post pictures of theirs later.

Modified
Update: Find the attached pictures as promised.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Kehfie(f): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Mofun:
Our neighbours also planted similar things even including yam, cucumber, water melon, etc. I will post pictures of theirs later.

Good job OP. More power to your elbows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by harmargedon: 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2022
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by slawormiir: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Nice
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Hundervubu: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Great development

Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!

1 Share

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by abobote: 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
That's for those that have space.
In my rented apartment, I don't even have any small space for my kids to play

2 Likes

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Sabadon(m): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Op you re doing well

1 Like

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by davidupdate89: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nice one op

Help subscribe to my channel. It's not difficult.

Link below.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO21ISCFVllJDO2C2SpA2KA
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Hextor(m): 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
good one
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Vlibray: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
OP don turn him landlord house to farm .
wetin be my own sef, landlord no complain grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Realists(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Going Green all the way.

1 Like

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by chaseblack(m): 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hmm
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by neford: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2022
How much can you make from that?

2 Likes

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by SugarGirl44(f): 9:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
T
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Lilsameey: 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2022
One day, I'll be planting stuffs I'll be eating. When am super rich, I plan to stay more natural. I'll leave the city, Probably purchase a little island somewhere, Have live stocks and food plants. Aesthetic asf. I just want to stay away from noise, troubles. Probably I'll be making aesthetic music.

15 Likes

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Xx88br: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature or Profile...

It is Free!
See you at the Top.

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by izzy4shizzy(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
A very nice idea.

But

Hope lala’s friends, Mr python and uncle viper doesn’t colonize the whole area
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
NATURE IS LIFE ......... nothing close to it.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by jiz: 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2022
Only lover of nature will understand the op. Weldone op

2 Likes

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'm not impress though
Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Lilsameey:
One day, I'll be planting stuffs I'll be eating. When am super rich, I plan to stay more natural. I'll leave the city, Probably purchase a little island somewhere, Have live stocks and food plants. Aesthetic asf. I just want to stay away from noise, troubles. Probably I'll be making aesthetic music.
Gunmen never find this one maybe.
Majority of people u see in the city would love to live in an isolated area but due to insecurity many opted to stay in a noising area.

8 Likes

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Emmanuel909090: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Akwaibomdude(m): 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Wow

1 Like

Re: Saving Some Cost By Gardening--without Limits (pictures) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Something our grandparents did.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... / Quality Galvanize Movable Fish Ponds / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.