Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please (1029 Views)

Help With This Maths Please! / Great Mathematicians Help Me Solve This Maths Please / Help Solve This Basic Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 1:10am On Apr 27, 2022
I'll appreciate if anyone could solve this for me pls...

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Kimiso(m): 3:04am On Apr 27, 2022
Leave it to the ancestors to answer it for you
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by NotBeenPaid: 4:40am On Apr 27, 2022

OP I no wellembarassed [img]https:///media/4-10-2020/6WvO_Q.gif[/img]
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 9:47am On Apr 27, 2022
Kimiso:
Leave it to the ancestors to answer it for you

Hmmm... Well, I've actually solved it to the best of my knowledge, but I wanted to see what thoughts others would have about it...
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 9:49am On Apr 27, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

OP I no wellembarassed [img]https:///media/4-10-2020/6WvO_Q.gif[/img]

Hmmm... Well, maybe you should stop drinking first, then see if you can see eye to eye with the question.

Thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Wow, 200+ views; got only funny comments so far.

I understand it's a rather searching question, but pls share your thoughts or workings if you can.

Thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Educonomist: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:
Wow, 200+ views; got only funny comments so far.

I understand it's a rather searching question, but pls share your thoughts or workings if you can.

Thanks.
Hold on.........
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 10:11am On Apr 27, 2022
Educonomist:

Hold on.........

Thanks
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Educonomist: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

Thanks

I got 7.15%..
I'm rechecking d working
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 11:02am On Apr 27, 2022
Educonomist:

I got 7.15%..
I'm rechecking d working

Oh, okay... Thanks for taking the time. I'm sorry, but pls snap and post your working if possible.

Many thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Educonomist: 11:06am On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

Oh, okay... Thanks for taking the time. I'm sorry, but pls snap and post your working if possible.

Many thanks.
I resolved it,,.... 5.378% to 3 d.p
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 11:17am On Apr 27, 2022
Educonomist:

I resolved it,, I got 5.38%

Okay... Nice. I really appreciate you for taking your time.

Pls I'd like to see your workings.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 11:21am On Apr 27, 2022
Educonomist:

I resolved it,, I got 5.38%

The part where the distributors were not making full payment makes it a bit confusing to me...
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Educonomist: 11:28am On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

Okay... Nice. I really appreciate you for taking your time.

Pls I'd like to see your workings.

If the the total sales tax is on the cash payments (550,000 & 1,875,00) the the sales tax to the government is 121,250.. The profit then becomes 7.15%

1 Like

Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2022
[quote author=Educonomist post=112315221][/quote]

Wow, thanks a lot friend. I'll go through it.

Btw, pls take note of my moniker. I'm an educationist; who knows, I might be of help too later.

Many thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Educonomist: 11:43am On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

Wow, thanks a lot friend. I'll go through it.

Btw, pls take note of my moniker. I'm an educationist; who knows, I might be of help too later.

Many thanks.
No problem,, I'm also an Educationist in making,,, Edu&Econs
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by NDSMELODY(m): 11:44am On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

Thanks in anticipation.
check this

1 Like

Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
NDSMELODY:
check this

In fact, I need to first appreciate you for taking your time even before checking.

Many thanks...
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
Educonomist:

No problem,, I'm also an Educationist in making,,, Edu&Econs

Oh, nice, I see. I studied educational management. Although, I've studied English on my own for many years.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2022
Thanks Educonomist and NDSMELODY... The phrase "on any cash purchase per year" made me think the 15% discount would just be ignored or something, since the distributors didn't make full cash purchase (I mean, they didn't pay in full).

Do you have any thoughts, pls?
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by NDSMELODY(m): 12:21pm On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:
Thanks Educonomist and NDSMELODY... The phrase "on any cash purchase per year" made me think the 15% discount would just be ignored or something, since the distributors didn't make full cash purchase (I mean, they didn't pay in full).

the discount cannot be ignore because that is the reduction rate of the good they bought even if they didn't make full cash payment....this is my thought though
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
NDSMELODY:
the discount cannot be ignore because that is the reduction rate of the good they bought even if they didn't make full cash payment....this is my thought though

Okay, thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

More ideas, pls... Thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Educonomist: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

When you observe the statement,, there's " cash purchase" and "cash payments". The cash purchase for X n Y are 1.25 million and 2.5million and cash payments of N550k and 3 quarters respectively. The 15% discount can't be ignored and it's on the cash purchase on any year. The balance (which is the discounted cash purchase minus the actual cash payments) don't have much effect here as the profit for that year would be from the total amount of sales realized(net income/revenue) minus the cost of production
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2022
Educonomist:

When you observe the statement,, there's " cash purchase" and "cash payments". The cash purchase for X n Y are 1.25 million and 2.5million and cash payments of N550k and 3 quarters respectively. The 15% discount can't be ignored and it's on the cash purchase on any year. The balance (which is the discounted cash purchase minus the actual cash payments) don't have much effect here as the profit for that year would be from the total amount of sales realized(net income/revenue) minus the cost of production

Nice... Thanks.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by Phoenix09: 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2022
dave601:

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
[quote author=Phoenix09 post=112329526][/quote]

Wow, friend, I so much appreciate, even before checking. Thanks a lot!

Abeg, I so much appreciate you guys: Educonomist, NDSMELODY and Phoenix... I love helping strangers solve problems when I can too...

Well, I'm an educationist and self-taught English expert, be free to give me a shout should you need me later.

God bless.
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by NDSMELODY(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
dave601:

Wow, friend, I so much appreciate, even before checking. Thanks a lot!

Abeg, I so much appreciate you guys: Educonomist, NDSMELODY and Phoenix... I love helping strangers solve problems when I can too...

Well, I'm an educationist and self-taught English expert, be free to give me a shout should you need me later.

God bless.
you are welcome boss, I studied elect/elect engineering observing my nysc currently which will end by August....in case there is opportunity
Re: Help Solve This Basic Maths, Please by dave601: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
NDSMELODY:
you are welcome boss, I studied elect/elect engineering observing my nysc currently which will end by August....in case there is opportunity

Ok... Nice bro... Good job.

May the Lord bless you in all things.

(1) (Reply)

Delta School Of Nursing Upgraded To College Of Nursing / Things To Know About The Newly Opened Filling Station At Ijagbo Kwara State. / Undergraduate Admissions 2006/2007 Session!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.