Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,456 members, 7,843,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

A Step Forward - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Step Forward (909 Views)

Launch This Year Is A Step-by-step Guide For Building Your Mobile App / A Way Forward For The Field Of Computer Science In Nigeria / Local Software Piracy (Otigba Boys) - The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Step Forward by skydancer: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2011
I am really happy to see that finally, a reasonable programming community is coming up in Nigeria. If you have not realized it, the world is keeping an eye on Nigeria, waiting for the next Hiroshima bomb of the Information Age. Programming as we all know, gives us the power of demi-gods; enable us to instruct machines to do anything we want.

For starters, I suggest you read a brief history of programming languages (You can easily find one online), and then you start of with something simple and basic like QBASIC, then move on to something like CSharp or Java.

For others, I am only hoping that we realize the truth that the information age has just begun, and so many inventions are yet to herald it. Robotics, Automated Systems, and Artificial Intelligence systems are at a critical stage of imperfection. Even choice of programming language is still a confusion due to certain specialties that may be in our intentions.

In this direction, I'm suggesting the intermediate/advanced ones super-tune themselves and develop keen interests in learning the computer architecture and understanding hardware programming. The information age will be accompanied by new hardware and new software, and sticking to old stuff won't help. We're the youths of this age, we're the best fit that can truly define the future of our world. Let us not sit down and be stuffed out by the struggle for survival, besides, anyone who has enough skills that can solve people's problems has survival as the least problem to worry about.

If you have any suggestions, or story or idea of developing the future, please feel free to share. As for me, I'd suggest we reduce our exposure to news, and keen more on self mastery, organizing the information we already have, know the activities we want to include or exclude in our lives, and develop powerful desires to achieve our goals.
Re: A Step Forward by Mobinga: 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2011
I believe you jor. Schop Knuckle. cool

Well, you can start by doing Artificial Intelligence programming in your masters. cheesy
Re: A Step Forward by skydancer: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2011
Lol, well I am already working on artificial intelligence. And funny enough, I am working on my own AI system. I haven't seen what I want in any neural framework. btw, do you know about the Loebner Prize award? You can try to participate in the next one if you are interested in AI.

(1) (Reply)

Creating Membership System / Astropack: Free Iphone Game In The App Store / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.