Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Interesting Posts On All Subjects * - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Interesting Posts On All Subjects * (1363 Views)

Tiktok Doctor Posts Before And After Pics With Horrifying Results(pictures) / Interesting Fun Facts About The Human Body / 20 Interesting facts About Human Blood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 3:25pm On May 14, 2022
=119402619:

oh my God!!! so na true eh!!! I'm done I swear!!!

It helps to do some research b4 jumping on Nairaland with assumption that it's caused by cheating! It is NOT!!
See below:

11 Reasons For Vaginal Ordor

Men have odor, too!
So, why is it that it is women that spend more time concerned about odor than men, when odor happens to all of us?
Here’s my theory… Ready for this?

Men do not have to go and hang their knees up and spread their legs wide open with a speculum placed into a body cavity every year. All this just inches away from the face of a doctor!

I guarantee you, if men had to do this, they would have had this problem solved in two shakes about 100 years ago.

It took a woman to solve body odor!

Lume Deodorant for Underarms & Private Parts is very effective at preventing body odor in intimate areas (for both women AND men!).

However, you may be wondering what causes so-called “feminine odor” in the first place.

Here are 11 things that contribute to odor:

1. Long pubic hair

Hair increases the surface area for bacteria and bodily fluids to linger and lead to odor. Think of it as a dance floor. The smaller the dance floor, the smaller the area the bacteria and bodily fluids have to hang out and interact with each other. Pubic hair holds on to residual urine, vaginal discharge, blood and semen. Bacteria line up all along the hair shaft just lunching it up and creating odor. (Very appetizing, I know.)

Trimming your pubic hair reduces that surface area for bacteria, thus reducing odor.

2. Menstrual Blood
It’s actually not the vagina that tends to cause odor, it’s bacteria from our backside. So, using a diva cup or tampon helps to keep menstrual blood from coming into contact with bacteria commonly found in our gastrointestinal tract. Bacteria digest the proteins and fats found in blood and release odor. By keeping blood away from between our butt cheeks and vulva, we are reducing the potential for odor to form.

3. Urine
When you empty your bladder, residual urine happens. If you leak urine when you cough, sneeze or laugh, you have a little more than most. Bacteria digest it and that creates odor. If you want to use a spray bottle or a wet wipe and just good old toilet paper to pat dry, you will minimize this odor reaction from happening.

4. Intimacy
Semen is the worst offender for odor between our legs. Bacteria commonly found in our gastrointestinal tract digest semen slowly over time, and the vagina serves as a reservoir for it to leak out for the next couple of days. You can use a tampon after intercourse to minimize the leakage. Just remove it a few hours later.

These odors are indistinguishable from odors commonly noted with bacterial vaginosis. If it’s an external odor that is not from an infection and therefore doesn’t require antibiotics, the odor will go away within 3-4 days. If odor persists, you may have an infection, so you’ll want to see your doctor.

5. Tight-fitting clothes
If you are wearing clothing that is squeezing your butt cheeks together, odor is just brewing away. Think Ziploc bag. That’s exactly what’s happening with your jeans, yoga pants, and tights.

6. Poo residue
It happens. Especially in public bathrooms with cheap toilet paper. Or at a cheap friend’s house who uses cheap toilet paper.

You can imagine how even a little bit of residue won’t leave you smelling fresh and clean after you leave the bathroom.

I recommend using toilet paper and freshening up with a Lume Deodorant Wipe until it swipes white.

7. Man-made fabrics
If your clothing contains anything other than cotton or wool, it has man-made fibers.

These have been shown to promote the B.O. reaction.

Sweat and bacteria find their way to the fabrics every time you wear them, and you cannot keep this B.O. reaction from happening, no matter what product you use.

Next time you think your deodorant failed you, make sure you are not just smelling that reaction in the shirt from a previous wear.

Pre-hamper your fabrics with an enzyme detergent to help get those odors out.

8. Thong underwear
As a gynecologist, I always referred to this as butt floss. It is meant to be worn only briefly, in my opinion. Think of it like a rope on a pulley moving back and forth shifting bacteria from your backside to the front side. Thongs increase your risk of irritation and yeast infections.

9. Vaginal discharge
What happens is, when it is digested by bacteria commonly found in our gastrointestinal tracts (get the reoccurring theme here?), a mild fishy odor is released.
There is nothing wrong with you, it just happens.
Higher pH discharge is more likely to happen during ovulation, pregnancy and in post-menopausal years.

10. Retained tampon

Have you ever smelled a rotten potato?
This is even worse.

Most retained tampons are left in at the end of your period, and you forget about them. It is also possible to double-up on tampons in the vagina and not realize it.

About three days later (or more) you will begin to notice the smell of death.

We should be changing our tampons every 4-6 hours during the day and not leaving one in overnight for longer than 8 hours.

11. Vaginal infections
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) and trichomoniasis both have a fishy foul odor associated with them.

BV is milder in odor and odor may be the only symptom you have.

Trichomoniasis is almost always associated with a change in vaginal discharge that is grey or greenish in nature. If you notice a strong fishy odor immediately after intercourse, chances are you have this. It is a parasite and needs antibiotics to treat it.

You can minimize those odors by trying some of the suggestions I have mentioned.

If you still notice odor despite using Lume for a few days, you need to see your doctor to rule out a more concerning issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by FreeIgboho: 5:04pm On May 14, 2022
I LOVES food and sex and chilling out. What is that called
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by qekng40(f): 11:03pm On May 14, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I love nature, love and good health!

A Counter thread cheesy

Well, in every negativity, there should be positivity.

Nice smiley
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 11:14pm On May 14, 2022
qekng40:

I love nature, love and good health!

A Counter thread cheesy

Well, in every negativity, there should be positivity.

Nice smiley

Dendrophile - lover of nature

We should focuse on what we want - not trying to avoid what we don't want.

I love love too, but pragma love (Google it)
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Reasons For Getting Dumped After First Date

(For the guys)

You see, my bro, as long as you keep making these mistakes I'm about to share with you now, you'll never get, not to talk of keep the girl of your dreams. She'll keep eluding you like a mirage. Gba be!

Why on earth will you take a girl out and keep repeating the following errors?

1. You talk too much

You leave nothing to be desired. You fail to charm her with your silence and unpredictability. In just one date, a girl you just met has already known all about you- how much you earn, who you know, what your weaknesses are, your next plans, all about your future. Haba! Ladies like what they can't comprehend. They like the mysterious. This your new girl, like every other girl, likes to connect your dots. Be like a riddle that needs to be solved and you'll see how she'll stick around longer and find you more interesting.

So here's the key: on this your first date, "say nothing" (this isn't the same as "act dumb" if you get what I mean.) Ladies like looking at things that "don't talk". This is your chance to get her imagination stimulated in a helplessly sensuous way. Silence is golden. Instead, allow her talk uninterrupted for as long as she wants and she'll come to trust you like the priest that takes her Sunday morning confessions.

2. You choose a rather awkward location

See, my guy, no girl wants to go out with you on a first date to some obscure location in the name of looking for a very romantic spot. Cut the crap bro! Ladies feel safer in public, so take her to a public place. Choose a very open location with enough people around that will make both of you comfortable around each other.

3. You choose a cheap location

Your choice of location on that very first date bro, will reveal a lot about you more than you can ever say about yourself during the date or after. It will shape her early impressions of you. It will tell if you're a man of taste, class or someone that can take care of not only himself but others as well.

Your date venue's general ambience- lighting, location, menu… and generally, how expensive or cheap the restaurant is- will speak volume to her about how you live, or want to live. This is not to say that you should go out of your way to overspend on your first date o, but at least, get a decent place that will show that you're the real deal. You get my point?

Make I come burst your brain? All you gaz do that day na to order ONLY DRINKS! Yes, and this carries with it a sense of sophistication. No, there's nothing shameful about it. It is called the "test-drive" of dates.

4. You dress shabbily

Haba na, dude! Remember it's your first date? So why ruin her first impression of you by dressing anyhow? Whatever happened to looking fresh and dapper enough to make the lady rate you properly? Your hair, your shoes, your smell and every other thing about your physical appearance will go a long way in helping you go past the first date. Jisike my guy.

5. You fail to convey your intentions for her or show your romantic side early

"Don't say much" does not translate to "do nothing" on your first date. You've got to signal to her at the slightest opportunity that you're sexually attracted to her and you would like to escalate as time goes on.

You can tap her arm, shoulder or hand lightly to convey an important point at opportune moments, or put your hand lightly around her lower back to guide her safely across the road if you have to cross a busy road… but never force her to do anything and never force yourself on her. Real men don't do that shii.

6. You make the first date go on forever

Damn you bro! You've got to keep the first date short if you want to win another one. That's the golden rule. Make it short but interesting enough for her to start looking forward to the next one.

Oya you can now hit the road with your chest raised to the skies with these tips. Abi I forget anything, abeg add am for me for comments grin

Which of these mistakes have you ever been guilty of?

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by qekng40(f): 11:21pm On May 14, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Dendrophile - lover of nature

We should focuse on what we want - not trying to avoid what we don't want
Dendrophile it is then!

Yeah I get you, but in life what we want doesn't come in handy...

...but what we fear is always starring at our faces.

That's life.. but I get your point and it remains valid!
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by dontrulee: 12:05pm On May 15, 2022
Make pedophiles no comment for this thread ooo. If I catch them ehn. grin grin
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by Jesse781227(m): 12:45pm On May 15, 2022
Guess I'm an achluophile, light makes me sick, like, literally.
No, I'm not descended from any line of vampires
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 5:05am On Jun 15, 2022

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 10:53am On Jul 08, 2022
Uj
Never underestimate the power social media.

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Yes

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 5:02am On Dec 27, 2022
Ok

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 6:06am On Dec 27, 2022
HOW TO PUT BABIES TO SLEEP

Each year in the United States, around 3,500 children die suddenly and unexpectedly while sleeping. Most of these tragic deaths are due to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) or accidental deaths due to suffocation or strangulation. How To Put A Baby To Sleep In 40 Seconds.

To reduce the risk of all sleep-related infant deaths, we have revised our policy statement and technical report on safe sleep. This updates our guidance for 2016 and includes more ways to reduce the risk of SIDS as well as some new recommendations. Read on for more information.

Note:
Unless otherwise noted, all of these recommendations apply to children under 1 year of age. Talk to your pediatrician if you have questions about any of the recommendations listed.

Read about what software does battlbox use for their battlbucks.
Recommendations for a safe sleeping environment
Although there is no guaranteed way to prevent SIDS, research tells us that a safe sleep environment can help reduce your baby's risk of SIDS.

We also know how to prevent unwanted suffocation and strangulation in bed. Our safe sleep guidelines help protect children from these deaths.

A safe sleep environment reduces the risk of all sleep-related infant deaths.
Put your baby on his back for all naps and at night
Babies who sleep on their backs are much less likely to die suddenly and unexpectedly than babies who sleep on their stomachs or sides. The problem with the side position is that your baby can more easily roll onto his stomach. There are some parents become worry about that babies will suffocate, when they are on their backs. But your child's airway anatomy and their gag reflex will prevent this from happening. Even children with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) should sleep on their backs.
Also keep in mind:

The newborn should be placed skin-to-skin with the mother as soon as possible after birth, at least for an hour. After that, or when the mother needs to sleep or take care of her other needs, the baby should be placed on its back in a non-reclining bassinet.

Premature babies may need to be on their stomachs temporarily while in the NICU, but you should put them on their backs once they are medically stable. This helps them adjust to sleeping on their back before going home.

Some babies roll onto their stomachs. You should always put your baby to sleep on their back, but if it's comfortable to roll over to both sides (back to tummy, stomach to back), you don't need to turn your baby onto their back again. However, make sure there are no blankets, pillows, soft toys or pads in your baby's crib. Your child could roll into any of these items, which could block airflow.

Use a firm, flat surface to sleep on
The firm surface means it shouldn't dent when your baby is lying on it.
Place your child in a crib, stroller, carrycot, or playpen that meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) safety standards.

Make sure your crib mattress is designed for your specific crib and that it fits snugly. Use only a sheet - there should be nothing else in the crib with the child.

Do not use a crib that does not have instructions, is missing hardware, or is broken.

Alternative sleep surfaces are considered a safe option only if they meet the June 2021 CPSC rule that all infant sleep products must meet existing federal safety standards for cribs, strollers, portable cribs, or playpens. These include products for reclining sleepers, hammocks, playpens, sleeping beds, baby nests and cases, compact pushchairs, travel bassinets and baby tents. If the product does not meet federal safety standards, avoid it.

If your child falls asleep in a car seat, stroller, swing, sling or wrap, you should move them to a firm sleeping surface on their back as soon as possible.

Do not use sleep products that are not specifically marketed for infant sleep. Examples include Boppy cushions and Dock-a-Tots.

In an emergency, you can temporarily put the baby to sleep in a box, basket, dresser drawer, or something similar. It should have thin, firm padding. Once you can get a CPSC-approved sleeping surface, move your baby onto it.

If you need financial help, there are organizations across the United States that provide low-cost or free sleeping areas. Check with your local social services.

Never sleep with your baby
Based on the evidence, the AAP does not recommend bed sharing with your baby under any circumstances. This includes twins and other multiples.

If you take your baby to bed to feed or soothe them, put them in their own sleeping area when you're ready to go to bed.

If there is any chance that you might fall asleep while your baby is in your bed, make sure there are no pillows, sheets, blankets or other items on top that could cover your baby's face, head and neck or overheat them. As soon as you wake up, move your baby to his own bed.

Avoid falling asleep with the baby in other places as well. The risk of sleep-related infant death is up to 67 times higher when infants sleep with someone on a sofa, soft chair or pillow.

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
2023 Japa Goal: Here Are 10 Things You Must Do Before You Relocate From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

THE number of international immigrants of African origin is projected to reach 80 million by the year 2030.

In a recent PEW survey, of the 12 countries surveyed from five different continents, Nigerians ranked highest among people who desperately want to relocate to another country in search of a better life, a process now popularly referred to as ‘japa’.

Many Nigerians have set relocation from the country, as a top priority in their goals for 2023 and the poor standard of living, rising insecurity and economic uncertainties that loom over the country preparing for its general elections, change in government and drastic reform measures such as fuel subsidy removal, all in one year, are some of the main reasons behind the decision to japa.

A 2022 report by the European Union Institute for Security Studies revealed that the number of African migrants living outside their country of origin was around 41 million, with the majority 21 million of them living in another African country, while 11 million (56.4 per cent), five million (25.6 per cent) and three million (15.4 per cent) reside in Europe, Asia and North America respectively.

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) also noted that increasing restrictive policies in traditional destinations such as Europe and new opportunities in emerging economies and trade routes, have led to greater diversification of travel destinations for Africans to countries such as Turkey, China and South Africa for business, trade, study and employment.

Today, millions of ethnic Nigerians live abroad and the largest communities can be found in the United Kingdom’ (500,000–3,000,000) and the United States (600,000–1,000,000 Nigerians). Other top destination countries include Canada, Germany, South Africa and The Gambia.

More alternative migration destinations offer more opportunities for work, income, business and remittances to families back home, which in turn help to boost African economies.

Routes Nigeria use for relocation

The five easiest routes for relocation used by Nigerians are a. study, b. work, c. marriage, d. application for permanent residency and e. asylum, but irrespective of the route one chooses to take, here are ten things you should do before you japa in 2023:

READ MORE HERE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/2023-japa-goal-here-are-10-things-you-must-do-before-you-relocate-from-nigeria/[/quote]

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Good one OP. Common sense stuff but still good. (Just curious, what sort of name is Oghenekevwe?)

Here's rest of the article:

Routes Nigeria use for relocation
The five easiest routes for relocation used by Nigerians are a. study, b. work, c. marriage, d. application for permanent residency and e. asylum, but irrespective of the route one chooses to take, here are ten things you should do before you japa in 2023:

1) Find out the requirements of your prospective country:
Before deciding to relocate from Nigeria, it is important to find out what the visa requirements are for working.

Many Nigerians move abroad expecting to step straight into a similar job they had at home and then express surprise when they are unable to work due to visa restrictions, which can lead to frustration and depression.

Also find out what the requirements are for driving, studying and traveling. Sometimes depending on your visa, you might have restrictions on where and when you are permitted to travel.

2) Organise your documents:
Many Nigerians have been denied visas by foreign embassies for simply failing to organise their documents, including photographs, information about family members and employers, criminal history, information about where they live, financial background and medical examinations. Also make copies of all important documents.

3) Research your destination
Read up on the country’s weather, and etiquette norms, understand the actions that may offend locals so you can avoid doing them, learn how to greet people and how to share a meal, and be courteous.

4) Learn a skill
Basic services like hair making, barbing, tailoring and bead-making cost a fortune abroad and acquiring any of these skills can easily guarantee a source of income as you settle in and find your feet in your new country.

5) Know someone
Loneliness and depression are major complaints from Nigerians abroad and you should ensure that you save up contacts of relatives and friends abroad before you relocate.

Photojournalist Fati Abubakar in a Twitter thread published in April 2022, said that despite attaining success and access to and everything you ever wanted, the crippling loneliness can make one sad and bored.

It will also help to stay in touch with people in your home country as you adjust to your new environment and make new friends.

6) Think about healthcare
Health care varies significantly around the world, and your access to a local system could depend on what kind of visa you hold. Before you relocate, find out what options you have for healthcare insurance and coverage.

7) Save as much money as you can
Relocation abroad has a list of associated costs, and it is best to plan ahead and start saving. Some of these costs include visa, passport renewal, flight tickets, overseas travel insurance, vaccinations and health checks, rent, possible furniture or other items you may need, and living costs to cover you for a period before you start working.

A Nigerian residing in Texas, USA, Williams Ogidan shared this advice on Linkedin: “I know Nigeria is hard at the moment and I am not against anybody struck by the japa syndrome. However, before you japa make sure you have money or have savings to keep you for at least six months. Don’t come here and begin to feel entitled to your own country men helping you”.

8. Get rid of unneeded items
Decluttering is among the smartest thing you can do before you relocate, to prune your belongings to only what is essential for a simpler and cheaper move. Items such as outdated or outgrown clothes, shoes, toys, games, books, souvenirs etc, that are still in good condition can be sold to save more money, given away to family and friends or donated to charity. It also means you will have less items – which require less space – to keep in storage if you intend to store your property.

9) Pack a survival box
Also known as your essential box or open-first box, a survival box should contain all the items you are going to need on the day of your trip and the first couple of days after your relocation. This will ensure that you do not end up opening already sealed boxes in search of something you need or arrive at your destination without even the basic necessities for a refreshing shower and a good night’s sleep.

10) Have a goal in mind
Before leaving Nigeria, ask yourself what you would really like to get out of your experience abroad. Also, constantly reminding yourself why you chose to move abroad will help you make great decisions about how to spend your time and income overseas. It will also help you weather the hard and trying times.

Author:
Oghenekevwe Uchechukwu

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 5:23am On Jan 20, 2023
How to stop seeking validation from people

Seeking validation from others can be a common behavior that can be difficult to break. Here are some steps you can take to stop seeking validation from people:

1. Recognize the pattern: Start by acknowledging that you have a tendency to seek validation from others. Reflect on why you might be doing this and the impact it's having on your life.

2. Identify your own values and beliefs: Spend time thinking about what's important to you, what you stand for, and what you believe in. This can help you become more confident in your own decisions and less reliant on validation from others.

3. Practice self-care: Take care of your physical, emotional, and mental health by eating well, exercising, getting enough rest, and engaging in activities that bring you joy.

1. Focus on your strengths: Identify your strengths and celebrate them. By focusing on what you're good at, you'll feel more confident in yourself and less dependent on validation from others.
2. Surround yourself with supportive people: Spend time with people who support and encourage you. This can help boost your confidence and reduce your need for external validation.
3. Stop seeking approval: Make a conscious effort to stop seeking approval or validation from others. Remind yourself that your worth is not determined by what others think of you.
4. Set boundaries: Establish boundaries around what you're willing to accept from others. This can help you feel more in control of your life and reduce the need for validation from others.
Breaking the pattern of seeking validation from others can take time and effort, but it's worth it for the increased confidence and sense of self-worth you'll gain.

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2023
https://healthwatchline.com/2023/02/27/stomach-peptic-ulcer-care-food-to-eat-and-avoid/

Stomach (peptic) ulcer care: Food to eat and avoid

27/02/2023

FOOD & NUTRITION, HEALTH & WELLNESS

Location of peptic ulcer. Human digestive system: esophagus, duodenum, stomach. Cross section of the human stomach. Vector illustration for medical, biological, educational and science use

Stomach (peptic) ulcer are open sores that develop in the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. Peptic ulcers include gastric ulcers that formed in the stomach while duodenal ulcers are form at the lining of the small intestine. Ulcers are usually caused by a bacteria Helicobacter Pylori that many people have in their stomach. Ulcers can be worst when there is over-secretion of acid in the stomach.

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) causes damage to the protective mucosal barrier of certain areas within the gastrointestinal tract, making it easier for acidic digestive fluid to injure and inflame the gut’s lining. Other causes of ulcer are from family history and from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen they are over the counter pains and fever drugs. Over time these drugs can cause damage to mucosal lining that protect the stomach. Although foo does not cause or heal ulcers, but some food can trigger ulcers while some can help you heal faster.

Symptoms of Stomach (peptic) Ulcers

Common symptoms include:

Pain in the upper abdomen

At night you wake up

Feeling empty after 1-3 hour of a meal

Heart burn and indigestion

Chest pain

Less common symptoms include:

Feeling full after eating small amount of food and problem with drinking fluid

Nausea and vomiting

Weight loss

Not feeling hungry

Bloody or black stool

Sudden sharp pain in the stomach

Vomiting blood.

Food to eat with Stomach (peptic) ulcers

Eat fiber rich food: Whole grain food like oats, cereal, brown rice and millet are rich in fiber that help decrease acidity. These foods are packed micronutrients such as iron, magnesium selenium and vitamin B helps with easing bloating and pain.

Eat food rich with probiotic: Foods like yoghurt, kefir, kimchi, kombucha and sauerkraut all contains good bacteria called probiotic. Probiotic help to fight against H. pylori bacteria and inhibit the formation of lesion in the gastric mucosa which can restore the stomach lining.

Eat food high in vitamin A: Food like sweet potatoes, cauliflower, carrot, spinach, cantaloupe and beef liver all contains a high level of vitamin A. According to some evidence Vitamin A nutrients helps to shrink stomach ulcers and prevent them.

Food rich in vitamin C: Food like bell pepper, broccoli, strawberries, kiwi’s helps to protect you from ulcers. Vitamin C play an important role for healing wounds. If you lack vitamin C you are likely to have Ulcers.

Eat low-fat protein: Food like tofu, tempeh, peas, lean meat, beef sirloin, tenderloins, skinless poultry, eggs and fish are all sources of low-fat protein. Protein is essential for muscle repair and prevention of infection that aid in the healing process of your ulcers.

Eat sea food: Sea food like salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring, tuna and oysters are high with omega-3 fatty acid that help to reduce inflammation which help to prevent more ulcer by reducing the damaging effects of gastritis.

Food to avoid with ulcers

Spicy and salty food cause irritation to the stomach lining, they are only trigger and don’t cause ulcers

Alcohol cause stomach inflammation that can lead to damage of the gastrointestinal tract

Caffeine such as coffee, caffeinated sodas and some chocolate increase the production of gastric acid and trigger the symptoms of acid reflux.

Acidic and fatty food attack the lining of the digestive tract making your ulcer worst

Milk causes production of stomach acid which irritates your gastric mucosa and worsen your ulcers.

Tips on how to manage your stomach ulcer

Be conscious about what you eat, when you eat, how you prepare your food and what you do after eating

Eat small meal, share your food into 5-6 portions spread them evenly to aid fast digestion and reduce the acid that are produced at a time

Eat your last meals 3 hours before bed. Avoid strenuous activities and lying down immediately you eat to prevent acid reflux.

Instead of fried food, try steaming, roasting or grilling your food these way help you reduce the fat in your food and make them easier to digest in the stomach.

Drink at least one glass of water every morning to cleanse your system. These helps to reduce stomach Acid.

When to see your doctor

Get medical help when you feel the following

Develop sudden sharp abdominal pain

Have rigid hard abdomen that is tender to touch

Feel shock such as fainting, excessive fainting or confusion

Vomit blood or blood in the stool

Dizzy or lightheaded.

Bottom line

Ulcer is an infection of he stomach that is caused by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). most people with peptic ulcers have these bacteria living in their digestive tract, yet many people with these bacteria do not develop ulcers. Food does not cause ulcers, but there are some that trigger them and make them worse while some helps with the healing process of ulcers.

Sources
www.badgut.org/diet-for-ulcer-diseases
www.penmedicine.org/peptic-ulcer-disease
www.hopkinsmedicine.org/stomach-and-duodenal(peptic)ulcers
www.mountsinai.org
www.newlifenutrition.com.au
www.webmed.com
image by : istockphoto.com

19 total views,  19 views today

Related Posts

Menstruation: Foods to eat and avoid to make you feel better during your Period

08/02/2023

How to Help Someone who is Depressed and considering Suicide
05/02/2023

How to Release Emotional Baggage and live Free
30/01/2023

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2023
Multiple Tenants Swindled By House Owner Using Building Control Agency As Excuse

A house owner, Alkolib Ibrahim Ayinde-Laka, is being hunted by the Police in Lagos over an alleged scam by obtaining money from multiple tenants under the false pretence of providing accommodation for them.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that Alkolib Ayinde-Laka went into hiding after obtaining money from multiple tenants with the assurance of each getting an apartment in his house located at No. 26 Omo Oba Jesu Street, Akowonjo, Lagos.

It was gathered that the suspect, Alkolib Ayinde-Laka, while renovating the said property, had obtained money from people much more than the number of apartments available in the said property while issuing receipts bearing Al Kolib Homes.

A source, who spoke to our correspondent, said that the suspect had the intention of providing accommodation for the tenants until the building control agency in the state, LASBCA, sealed the property for not providing the relevant documents. At that point, he was said to have obtained more money from unsuspecting members of the public in order to pay the required fees in order to have the property opened, which reportedly led to his inability to meet up with earlier promises to would be tenants, who hoped to access their apartments by the first week of December, 2022.

Another source had a different version. The source, who spoke under the condition of anonymity, said that the suspect, Alkolib Ayinde-Laka, was developing a private property somewhere else and only put the extra money he had collected into his private property using the notices pasted by the building control agency as an excuse to swindle the unsuspecting members of the public.

It was scooped that at the expiration of the date he had given the tenants to finally have access to the property, he continued to give assurances that he was working on procuring the relevant permits from the building control agency. With constant enquiries and phone calls, the suspect, Alkolib Ayinde-Laka, stopped picking up his calls and went into hiding.

P.M.EXPRESS correspondent gathered that the suspect, Alkolib Ayinde-Laka, who was said to be related to the Oba of Shasha Kingdom, may have run into financial problems, which prompted him to use the property as a bait to swindle unsuspecting members of the public.

Another source, a young man who lives within the area, alleged that the suspect, Alkolib Ayinde-Laka, had the intention to scam the unsuspecting tenants, who were mostly young Lagosians. He said that the suspect never allowed real estate agents to get involved by introducing their clients. He rather positioned and used his accomplices to coarse them to deal directly with him as the owner of the property.

As at the time of filing this report, his known phone number 08061744650 has remained switched off as he was said to have gone into hiding while the Police make efforts to apprehend him for interrogation and prosecution.

https://pmexpressng.com/multiple-tenants-swindled-by-house-owner-using-building-control-agency-as-excuse/
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 11:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
THE PEOPLE SHALL ARISE

(By Daniel Samuel Katalyst)

Impunity, mutiny, tyrany
the three cord whip
dangling in the hand of the "big boss"
injustice, brutality, intimidation
the spikes attached to the whip
we are subjected and silenced
made to hide in our matchbox houses!
Cruelty...
Spreading like a dreaded disease
seeping through the pores of a strong mind
ravaging it beyond repairs.

Everyday we are whipped
beaten with many stripes
but we shall arise
like the bees we shall sting
like the bees we shall build our combs
like the bees we shall pour out honey
the people shall arise once again.
Crack your guns, throw your gas canisters
the "unstoppables" are rising
from the North, East, West, South.
From the creeks, ghettos, hamlets and desolate places.

A people that wants more!
A people that want truth and justice
kill them, shoot them, lock them;
the dream lives on: fairness for all.

Like 'roaches, ants, giants-we shall arise
truth is their weapon, vision is their badge, love is their song, and freedom is their cry.
Look beyond the hills, as the sun rises, the people shall arise!

𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓮𝓵 𝓢𝓪𝓶𝓾𝓮𝓵

Author || Keynote Speaker || Personal Development Expert
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 7:39am On Feb 28, 2023
DEPRESSION
is medically known as Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) which is sometimes misunderstood as a feeling of sadness or being sad.

Depression is a disease that affects every aspect of a person s life" meaning it is not just your mood that is affected, your lifestyle, eating habits, relationship with others and so on are all affected.
When a depressed person is not helped out, there is a greater chance of the person developing other chronic medical conditions including cardiovascular disease, memory loss, diabetes, high blood pressure, back problems, arthritis, and worse outcomes he added.

Depression can be deadly, given that it can lead to suicide attempts and it does not warn you before you find yourself in it.

Now, one doesn't just fall into depression, some factors can trigger, or lead to depression.

Factors that can lead to depression are:

1. Stressful life events such as loss of jobs, marital issues, major health challenges, and mental problems.
2. Memories from a bad childhood that may include abuse, neglect, parent fights and quarrels, poor relationship with parents, etc
3. Unrequited love, toxic relationships, heartbreaks, etc
4. Passive personality traits (when you let others talk you down, bully you and you can't fight back), getting extremely upset when stressed.
5. Body shaming, inferiority complex, rejection from friends, and loved ones.
6. History of depression that runs in the family increases your chances of being depressed.

From the factors listed above, Andrew Frank Angelino described the symptoms of depression in three categories
A. Emotional/cognitive (thinking) symptoms such as problems with decision makings, memory problems, lack of interest in activities you enjoy, irritation, etc

B. Physical symptoms which include Fatigue (tiredness), Sleeping disorders, Changes in appetite, Headache, weight loss/ gain, heart palpitations (rapid heartbeats)

C. Behavioural symptoms include crying uncontrollably, having angry outbursts, feelings of dejection, abusing alcohol, cutting or hurting one's self, and at worse attempting suicide

When you find yourself showing one of the symptoms above, you need to seek the help of a therapist before you lose yourself, your self-esteem, and hope in life

Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 12:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Interesting Facts About The Human Body

post=81188298:
Some educative, amazing, and interesting fun facts about the human body. This article contains largest and smallest organs in the body, largest and smallest glands in the human body, strongest organs in the body, longest blood vessels, smallest blood vessels, largest blood vessels, smallest and largest bones in the body and many more fun facts.

Some Facts About Human Body
=======================
Number of bones – 206

Number of muscles – 639

Number of kidneys – 2

Number of milk teeth – 20

Number of ribs – 24 (12 pairs)

Number of chambers in the heart – 4

Largest and longest artery – Aorta

Normal Blood pressure – 120 – 80

PH of blood: 7.35 – 7.45

Number of bones in New born body – 300

Number of Fallopian tubes – 2

Number of vertebrae in the spine – 33

Number of vertebrae in the Neck – 7

Number of bones in Face – 14

Number of bones in Skull – 22 bones held together by sutures

Number of bones in Chest – 25

Number of bones in Arms – 6

Number of bones in human foot – 33

Number of muscles in the human body – 639

Smallest bone in the body – stapes (found in the ear)

Total number of organs in the human body – 79

Number of bones in each wrist – 8

Number of bones in hand – 27

Number of bones in each human ear – 3

Number of muscles in the human arm – 72

Largest organ in the body – Skin

Largest gland – Liver

Largest internal organ – Liver

Number of sense organs – 5

Smallest cell – Blood cell

Biggest cell – Egg cell (ovum)

Largest external organ – Skin

Smallest bone – Stapes

First transplanted organ – Heart

Average length of small intestine – 7 m

Average length of large intestine – 1.5 m

Average weight of new born baby – 2.6 kg.

Pulse rate in one minute – 72 times

Body Temperature – 36.9o C (98.4o F)

Average blood volume – 4 – 5 liters

Average life of RBC – 120 days

Pregnancy period – 280 days

Largest endocrine gland – Thyroid

Largest lymphatic organ – Spleen

Largest cell – Nerve cell

Largest part of brain – Cerebrum

Oldest part of the brain- cerebellum

Largest and strongest bone – Femur

Weight of the liver – 1.6kg (3.5 pounds)

Smallest muscle – Stapedius (Middle ear )

Heaviest organ in the body – liver

Number of chromosomes in human cell – 46 (23pairs)

Smallest organ on human body – pineal gland

Largest muscle – Buttock (Gluteus Maximus)

Number of muscles in the hand – 34

The longest muscle is the sartorius muscle in the thigh

The longest single nerve is the sciatic nerve in the thigh.

Largest vein in the body- Inferior Vena Cava

Longest vein in the body – Great Saphenous vein

Thinnest and smallest blood vessels- capillaries

Smallest veins in the body- Venules

Number of muscles that holds the eyeball in place: 6

Number of capillaries in the body – 300 million

Volume of blood in an adult human body: 5-6 litres

The heart beats about 35 million times in a year. During an average lifetime, the human heart will beat more than 2.5 billion times.

If all arteries, veins, and capillaries of the human circulatory system were laid end to end, the total length would be 60,000 miles, or 100,000 km. That’s nearly two and a half times around the Earth!

Human hair grows about 1/4 inch (about 6 millimeters) every month and keeps on growing for up to 6 years. The hair then falls out and another grows in its place.

The fastest growing hair in the human body is the facial hair (beards)

Women’s heart beat faster than men’s.

The strongest organ in our body is the tongue.

The female left breast is larger than the right

Women blink twice as much as men. The average person blinks around 13 times a minute.

The last sense that disconnects while dying is the sense of hearing. The first one being eye vision, followed by taste, smell and touch.

A man can survive without a heart – Craig Lewis has proven this.

Our eyes stay the same size from the moment we are born until we are old age, but the ears and nose does not stop growing.

Humans can remember 50,000 scents. Dogs can remember 1,000,000 scents!

The left lung is smaller than the right.

About 80 percent of the brain tissue is water.

The brain is only 2% of our body weight, but needs more oxygen that any other organ, what makes it the most vulnerable in a case of lack of oxygen. 7 seconds without oxygen to the brain will result in passing out. 4 minutes will result in death.

The brain can hold up to 1,00 terabytes of information – which is equivalent to 15 national libraries!

The brain is more active at night than in the day.

A dream lasts for just 2- 3 seconds.

The lifespan of the hair is 3-7 years. Some authors say 3 to 6 years.

The strongest muscles in the body are the heart, uterus, soleus, gluteus maximus, and masseter. Some authors say the tongue is the strongest muscle.

We shed and regrow our skin every 27 days.

Humans, Primates and Koalas are the only creatures in nature with fingerprints.

The fastest growing nail is the nail on the 3rd finger of your dominant hand.

Man’s testicles produce over 10,000,000 sperm cells everyday. this is enough sperm to repopulate the entire earth population within 6 months.

At age 35, the human body loses about 7,000 brain cells everyday. Lost brain cells cannot be replaced.

Conclusion: The Human Anatomy is far more complex than this. Science is on the march to unravel more. #Science facts only#

https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/08/11/educative-interesting-fun-facts-about-the-human-body/?amp
Re: Interesting Posts On All Subjects * by PoliteActivist: 3:04am On Aug 07, 2023
Huge Pension Of Ex-governors Of Lagos State. Number 12 Will Shock You

Below are the mouth watering benefits, anyone who served as governor of Lagos State will enjoy after office.

It was gathered that, the pension scheme for Lagos governors, was designed by the former Attorney General of Lagos State, under Tinubu, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, former vice president of the country.

Lagos was last year ranked the SECOND WORST city to live in in the world!

Here are what ex-governors in the State, Senator Bola Tinubu, Babatunde Raji Fashola and Akinwunmi Ambode enjoy in the midst of plenty abject poverty!

1. 1 residential house each for the ex-governor and ex-deputy governor.

2. 1 residential house in Federal Capital Teritory for the ex-governor who spent two consecutive terms .

3. 6 new cars every three years.

4. 100% of the basic salary of the serving governor N7.7m per annum.

5. Free healthcare for him and members of his family.

6. Furniture allowance of 300% of their annual basic salary N23.3m.

7. House maintenance allowance 10% of basic salary N778,296.

8. Utility allowance 20% of the salary N1.5m.

9. Car maintenance allowance 30% of the annual basic salary N2.3m.

10. Entertainment allowance , 10% of basic salary N778,296.

11. Personal Assistant to earn 25% of the governor’s annual basic salary N1.9m.

12. 8 policemen, 2 DSS attached to the governor for the rest of his life.

(1) (Reply)

12 Common Health Mistakes,woman Always Make. / What Adulterated Drugs Can Do To You / Bacteria Vaginosis (main Cause Of Fish-like Vagina Odour)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.