Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Please Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help! (918 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! by Slimszy: 10:07am On May 29, 2022
Good day all! Please I need your input and suggestions on this issue.

I got a visa to work in Cayman Islands, I have tried different routes to fly all to no avail.

I applied for France transit visa about 2 weeks ago, so I can fly with Air France to Cuba, then to the Island, but I was denied. The agent of the company I am working with also booked for Turkish Airlines with route (Nigeria to Istanbul to Panama to Jamaica, then to Cayman Islands), which I thought was the best route to travel without a transit visa, though would be stressful.

To my surprise, when I go to the airport yesterday to fly, the ticketer said I can't be allowed to board because my flight ticket codes on all my routes are not on thesame PNR, hence on their system, my last destination is showing Panama, instead of Cayman Islands.

They mentioned, no way they can confirm my last destination is Cayman, because its not displayed on their system. Their manager also mentioned, If I insist on travelling, I would be returned from Istanbul back to Nigeria.

I am exhausted already. The agent (whose company is in London) have been trying to book this flight for almost 1 month without success. He however gave me an option to look for a Nigeria agent who understands this routes to book the ticket, while they pay for the service.

Please I need your suggestions. I am already running out of my visa stay.
Re: Please Help! by sliksusan: 11:38am On May 29, 2022
Slimszy:
Good day all! Please I need your input and suggestions on this issue.

I got a visa to work in Cayman Islands, I have tried different routes to fly all to no avail.

I applied for France transit visa about 2 weeks ago, so I can fly with Air France to Cuba, then to the Island, but I was denied. The agent of the company I am working with also booked for Turkish Airlines with route (Nigeria to Istanbul to Panama to Jamaica, then to Cayman Islands), which I thought was the best route to travel without a transit visa, though would be stressful.

To my surprise, when I go to the airport yesterday to fly, the ticketer said I can't be allowed to board because my flight ticket codes on all my routes are not on thesame PNR, hence on their system, my last destination is showing Panama, instead of Cayman Islands.

They mentioned, no way they can confirm my last destination is Cayman, because its not displayed on their system. Their manager also mentioned, If I insist on travelling, I would be returned from Istanbul back to Nigeria.

I am exhausted already. The agent (whose company is in London) have been trying to book this flight for almost 1 month without success. He however gave me an option to look for a Nigeria agent who understands this routes to book the ticket, while they pay for the service.

Please I need your suggestions. I am already running out of my visa stay.

Your ticket requires a round trip ticket with PNR code from Nigeria to Cayman Island If you book a separate ticket then you must refuse to find any agency in Nigeria that can help you book a complete round trip flight ticket from Nigeria to Cayman with just a PNR code
Re: Please Help! by Slimszy: 11:48am On May 29, 2022
Thank you for your input. I have a round trip ticket, but I think the problem is the ticket codes doesn't have same PNR code. Do you have any reliable agent in Abuja (preferred) that you can recommend?
Re: Please Help! by Slimszy: 11:50am On May 29, 2022
sliksusan:

Your ticket requires a round trip ticket with PNR code from Nigeria to Cayman Island If you book a separate ticket then you must refuse to find any agency in Nigeria that can help you book a complete round trip flight ticket from Nigeria to Cayman with just a PNR code

Thank you for your input. I have a round trip ticket, but I think the problem is the ticket codes doesn't have same PNR code. Do you have any reliable agent in Abuja (preferred) that you can recommend?

Thank you in advance. I have attached my ticket for your perusal.
Re: Please Help! by sliksusan: 12:00pm On May 29, 2022
Slimszy:

Thank you in advance. I have attached my ticket for your perusal.

But this is your ticket to good. I assume am not an agency. I don't live in Nigeria
I live in panama city if you find any agency in nigeria can not help you try book ticket from nigeria to Barbados as nigeria passport visa free to Barbados . There you can have airlines from Barb does to Cayman Island for you to fly out Nigeria easily
Re: Please Help! by Slimszy: 12:21pm On May 29, 2022
sliksusan:

But this is your ticket to good. I assume am not an agency. I don't live in Nigeria
I live in panama city if you find any agency in nigeria can not help you try book ticket from nigeria to Barbados as nigeria passport visa free to Barbados . There you can have airlines from Barb does to Cayman Island for you to fly out Nigeria easily

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Much appreciated.

I have checked Turkish Airlines, I guess they don't fly to Barbados. Qatar Airways goes through New York, which requires a transit visa. Do you have any idea of routes that doesn't require transit visa to Barbados?
Re: Please Help! by sliksusan: 12:27pm On May 29, 2022
Slimszy:

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Much appreciated.

I have checked Turkish Airlines, I guess they don't fly to Barbados. Qatar Airways goes through New York, which requires a transit visa. Do you have any idea of routes that doesn't require transit visa to Barbados?

Turkish airlines out of order flew to Barbados but can share the code with Copa Airlines in Panama to Barbados as Copa Airlines fly to Barbados
Re: Please Help! by Slimszy: 12:48pm On May 29, 2022
sliksusan:

Turkish airlines out of order flew to Barbados but can share the code with Copa Airlines in Panama to Barbados as Copa Airlines fly to Barbados

Thank you. I will try this route. But all routes code must be on same PNR right?
Re: Please Help! by sliksusan: 1:07pm On May 29, 2022
Slimszy:

Thank you. I will try this route. But all routes code must be on same PNR right?

yes
Re: Please Help! by Originalsly: 2:17pm On May 29, 2022
You have a visa to work in Cayman Islands ... but the visa is running out? Bro... cut your losses.... save yourself wasting more time and money. What is the name of the company you're going to work for?... do you have valid documentation? An agent in the UK can't get you flight to Cayman Islands..... that should be a red flag. How much have you spent so far? FYI ... it's easier to get into the US legally or illegally than to enter Cayman Islands.... finding a job is another story.
Re: Please Help! by Slimszy: 3:59pm On May 29, 2022
sliksusan:

yes

Thank you.
Re: Please Help! by Slimszy: 4:02pm On May 29, 2022
Originalsly:
You have a visa to work in Cayman Islands ... but the visa is running out? Bro... cut your losses.... save yourself wasting more time and money. What is the name of the company you're going to work for?... do you have valid documentation? An agent in the UK can't get you flight to Cayman Islands..... that should be a red flag. How much have you spent so far? FYI ... it's easier to get into the US legally or illegally than to enter Cayman Islands.... finding a job is another story.

I don't understand what you are saying. I have not spent a penny except for miscellaneous like (applying for Transit visa, covid test, personal needs), everything else are all expense paid.

So I don't understand you. And getting a job in Cayman or going to Cayman is not rocket science.
Re: Please Help! by sliksusan: 4:23pm On May 29, 2022
Slimszy:

I don't understand what you are saying. I have not spent a penny except for miscellaneous like (applying for Transit visa, covid test, personal needs), everything else are all expense paid.

So I don't understand you. And getting a job in Cayman or going to Cayman is not rocket science.

Cayman is a very expensive Caribbean island nation, but if you have a job, it's good to go. The most expensive country on the Caribbean island is Cayman.
Re: Please Help! by Originalsly: 4:48pm On May 29, 2022
Slimszy:

Really? ... Cayman is small... very small... money value high.... higher than US... $1 Cayman = $1.20 US ... why wouldn't they be verrry strict? Guess you're either in teaching/medical field (RN/Doctor). Get there first .... can have you connected.
Re: Please Help! by ikillmods: 3:08am On May 30, 2022
Cayman Islands seems to be the haven for all sorts.

Most criminals and politicians stash a lot of cash there.

They’re surely going to have a strong currency as they’ll hardly fall short of major currencies which are being transferred to their banks.

Getting a job there should not be hard so long you have the required skills.

You should be able to connect from South American countries easily.

Also Florida seems to be a good gateway to transit to cayman island

(1) (Reply)

Woman Confesses Killing Own Baby For Rituals / Help Me Please I Want To Travelled To Uganda Its Urgent / Lottery ! List And Adresses Of All Embassies In Nig. Especially, The Bahamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.