Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Engineering - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Engineering (136 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Engineering by Titaniumental: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
Civil/Structural Engineers in the house, please help me out with this question,all meaningful opinions will be dully accorded with every iota of attention and otherwise

T for thanks

Oga Lalasticlala kindly help me push this to FP for larger audience

Civil Engineering analysis

Behemoth Nigeria Ltd. acquired one hectare of land to build a warehouse and a factory. The site is
located 2 km from the major road. There is no motorable access road to the site. You have been
appointed as:
(1) The Lead consulting structural engineer on the warehouse and the factory building project.
(2) The Lead consulting civil engineer on the Proposed access road.
Choose a preferable role either (1) or (2) and discuss a System Approach based work plan to
transform the conceptualized system to a functional system.
Re: Engineering by Titaniumental: 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2022
This is my thought though

This brief should've being addressed to an architect. At this point what they need is an architect and not a structural engineer

The first step is to get the TDP of the acquired land, then the architect, and surveyor will work on the site layout after which you can now bring in the structural and civil engineer

There's no concept design to be transformed into a functional design here in the first place

(1) (Reply)

Fulani From 16 Countries In Abuja Global Meeting / PMP Course / Bbnaija / Nini And Arin Fights Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.