Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

This thread has been modified by the author - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This thread has been modified by the author (778 Views)

Rita33: I'm Not A Scammer MODIFIED: 55DME at work / Sorry This Thread Has Been Modified / Which Nairaland Thread Has Been The Longest You Have Ever Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2022
Good day good people of Nairaland.
They say it takes an entire village to raise a child, well,

I have had to modify my initial post for personal reasons bothering on general security and online safety. I offer apologies to everyone who contributed to the initial post and hope you all understand my perspective. Thanks.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by ahnie: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
Old habits die hard....childofdoom is a virtual case study.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
ahnie:
Old habits die hard....childofdoom is a virtual case study.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by ahnie: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
user294:
What happened to him? Would love to know. And it is true, but this time, I swear on my life, it must die. In short, it is dead. I can't watch my life waste away anymore. All I have lost, I leave behind. No more chasing.
Mark my words...
You would still go back to your vomit.

I leave you in peace.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2022
That's quite brutal to conclude. I pray I disappoint this forecast. Anyway, thanks for the interaction.
ahnie:

Mark my words...
You would still go back to your vomit.

I leave you in peace.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by yomi007k(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
Gambling is a business designed to feed;
1. The owner.
2. His workers.
3. A few winners maybe some 0.5%.

The remaining 99.5% feed the top of the food chain. You fall in this category.

Stop or continue to destroy yourself.

Your choice.

5 Likes

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
yomi007k:
Gambling is a business designed to feed;
1. The owner.
2. His workers.
3. A few winners maybe some 0.5%.

The remaining 99.5% feed the top of the food chain. You fall in this category.

Stop or continue to destroy yourself.

Your choice.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by Koko88(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2022
Where's your location?
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by kennethfranc(m): 8:04pm On Jun 06, 2022
I don't know how else I can tell my fellow youth that gambling ruins ones life.

If u could go back with 40k(someone's salary a month) that you got for free, I don't think you're ready to quit.

1 Like

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by HighWITCH: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
Hmm. I read with caution and a slice of empathy.
Wondering how you managed to still graduate with a 2.1 after two extra sessions!
Anyway, you are clearly an intelligent person...quite obvious from your writing appeal.

It's just a habit, and a harmful one as such. All that is required is to deal a big blow to you such as causing very big issues with the relationship with your uncle and then you will dread gambling for life. That's the key.

This may sound stone hard but in future you'll realise that's what got you out.

3 Likes

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by cigaricon(m): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Op chillax, after reading your story i realized you ain't gonna die after all grin

2 Likes

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by Paayne(m): 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2022
My gee..trust me when I say you won't die if nobody here comes to your aid. If possible, just prepare yourself for the worst case scenario. That’s my own little trick im telling you for free. As a fellow brethren in the gambling business, i understand your situation very well cos I've been there too.

Bro, you just have to make deliberate efforts to stop once and for all. Anytime the thought comes up, also remind yourself of all the bullshit it has caused you and all the good ones you've lost, that should be enough motivation to stop for real. ah no get money, ah for show you love, cos i understand the situation perfectly.

Like i said before, don't kill yourself with overthinking and just prepare your mind for the worst case scenario. You'll be fine!

1 Like

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by Lionize: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2022
I thought you needed prayers or advice, I didn't know you'll be asking for money. That's not wise, you'll see it as 'free' and waste it.
If you need clothes and shoe to start work, borrow shoe and clothes from your peers.

As for the mess you put yourself into, when you are truly ready to get out of it, then you get yourself out of it.

40k was more than enough to start a job, and perhaps pay some out of your debts.

2 Likes

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by space9880: 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
nobody will come to your aid OP but you won’t die

2 Likes

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2022
Benin City. I am sorry am replying late. My phone went off yesterday.
Koko88:
Where's your location?
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2022
kennethfranc:
I don't know how else I can tell my fellow youth that gambling ruins ones life.

If u could go back with 40k(someone's salary a month) that you got for free, I don't think you're ready to quit.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2022
Thanks. I am going to be the best of what God created me to be. Surely, this won't be my end. I have still got another 50+ years to live on Earth. I won't let my mistakes define it. Thanks again.
Paayne:
My gee..trust me when I say you won't die if nobody here comes to your aid. If possible, just prepare yourself for the worst case scenario. That’s my own little trick im telling you for free. As a fellow brethren in the gambling business, i understand your situation very well cos I've been there too.

Bro, you just have to make deliberate efforts to stop once and for all. Anytime the thought comes up, also remind yourself of all the bullshit it has caused you and all the good ones you've lost, that should be enough motivation to stop for real. ah no get money, ah for show you love, cos i understand the situation perfectly.

Like i said before, don't kill yourself with overthinking and just prepare your mind for the worst case scenario. You'll be fine!
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 11:58am On Jun 07, 2022
Lionize:
I thought you needed prayers or advice, I didn't know you'll be asking for money. That's not wise, you'll see it as 'free' and waste it.
If you need clothes and shoe to start work, borrow shoe and clothes from your peers.

As for the mess you put yourself into, when you are truly ready to get out of it, then you get yourself out of it.

40k was more than enough to start a job, and perhaps pay some out of your debts.
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2022
HighWITCH:
Hmm. I read with caution and a slice of empathy.
Wondering how you managed to still graduate with a 2.1 after two extra sessions!
Anyway, you are clearly an intelligent person...quite obvious from your writing appeal.

It's just a habit, and a harmful one as such. All that is required is to deal a big blow to you such as causing very big issues with the relationship with your uncle and then you will dread gambling for life. That's the key.

This may sound stone hard but in future you'll realise that's what got you out.

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by kingRagnarr: 1:29am On Jun 08, 2022
I dont want to say anything cos seriously i knw i can be brutally honest nd u might not like that but i hope u will get help soon rather than later

1 Like

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by Godshand21(m): 2:02am On Jun 08, 2022
No matter how it be, don't harm yourself.
God will provide for you.

1 Like

Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
Thanks.
kingRagnarr:
I dont want to say anything cos seriously i knw i can be brutally honest nd u might not like that but i hope u will get help soon rather than later
Re: This thread has been modified by the author by user294(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
Thanks.
Godshand21:
No matter how it be, don't harm yourself.
God will provide for you.

(1) (Reply)

Opay Vs Kuda Which Is Better? - Honest Review Ngreviews.ng / My 46th Independent Special Gift To Nigerians! / Lucky Now On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.