Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Interview - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Interview (319 Views)

The Interview / Sol Is Not Lost By Michael Scharen | The Interview (2) (3) (4)

The Interview by dammyd46(m): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
Cause chances are never given they taken like interceptions.....
"Meek Mill"
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

I have never really woken up as early as I did for an interview in my life, or should I say I never even slept. 2am and i was up, picked up the water I had fetched the night before as I walked to the bathroom at the backyard. By 3am I was on the road jumping from bus to bus to get to the island. The interview letter I had clearly stated "No Nigerian time 7am sharp, a minute late and that was it".

By 5:30 I was around the office premises greeting everyone as they arrived. I was number 1 on the list, thank God I exclaimed but the Nigerian magic started happening as soon as the gate opened and people were called in, I kept waiting to hear my name but it didn't come. The officer at the gate was singing a funny song as he saw many of us waiting patiently to be called,
" Na person wey sabi person dey make am "

Re: The Interview by dammyd46(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
He kept singing this same line over and over again and people started shouting and complaining about those who went in. Some even got angry and turned back but I was not going to back down, either I got something or my hunger strike 101 resumes again.
By 1pm half of the remaining crowd had left out of anger while we the hopeful goats remained, no more names calling just us waiting for a miracle to happen when it was past two the remaining of us were just 10, that was when a man came out and asked us to come under a canopy and sit, thank God a lady shouted
stage 1 cleared but after that the man disappeared and never returned until 3pm. Sorry for keeping you all waiting he said, we would split you all into a group of 3, 3 will have their interview today and then 4 tomorrow and 3 next tomorrow. He called out the first 3 names which I fell on before splitting others.

The first person was called in and in a matter of minutes He was out and then the next, She took a little longer before showing up and I was ursehed in next, that's when I noticed a silver purse was on the floor on the route to where a woman and what seems to be her driver had walked pass. The silver purse had foreign currencies flashing out of it with something like a small crystal ball ( which i later found out to be diamond) Flashing at me. I quickly ran after her but was barricaded by the man with her and then I stretched forth my hands and said Ma I think you had dropped this purse.

She quickly checked for something before signalling to her driver to allow me pass, Thank you she said with a smile but I quickly turned back so I won't miss my interview, Excuse me she said.
Ma I replied, Let me find you something for this. Don't worry Ma it's nothing, if I don't rush back now I will miss my interview, Oh she said, give me just a second and then her driver walked away from us as she got a pen and a book, she wrote something and then tore it and handed it to me. When you are done there and you are not happy with the result call me by 8:20PM, not earlier or later than that as she smiled and thankes me.

I quickly dashed inside the building but I got stopped immediatley by a lady who called out my name and asked where i was since after they had called me severely but as God would show mercy, a security man who I guess saw me talking to the woman quickly intervened and said he was talking to Mrs Baker. Then the lady smiled and asked me to drop my CV which she tagged along with about a few others, You can go now sir she said still smiling and please stay glued to your phone your attention could be requested for any time from next Monday she said.
Re: The Interview by dammyd46(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2022
No interview, nothing nothing, 15 hours wasted just standing for no just reason only to submit my CV and leave what a life I said as I walked towards the gate, when a security whispered to me " e be like say you know person, why you con dey under sun since I just ignored him as I went home hoping to beat the regularly heavy traffic before the time I was giving.
I got home around to 8 and was heavily tired, I was about dozing off since dinner wasn't sure when I remembered the woman I had met earlier. I quickly rushed to pick the paper she gave me and dialed the number patiently waiting for the time to struck 8:20 before I hit the green button.
Her was voice was cool and she gave me some instruction after I introduced myself, she had asked me to meet her at an address by 11am, it was an area I knew very well so getting there won't be a problem except for money and trekking wasn't a good option either.
I had walked to the landlord's flat smiling, I knew his family never liked me except for him so I told him I wanted talk as he walked me outside the compound. I explained that I was going for an interview the next day and I had no money on me, He just smiled and dipped his hands into his pocket giving me 500 naira which was more than what will take me to the place. Manage it my son he had said like he always do, and don't forget me when you are big I completed it for him smiling. I had thanked him and left.
Re: The Interview by dammyd46(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2022
In other for my village people not to delay me I was out of the house by 6am, I sat in a canteen not far away from the place with just a plate of 150 rice and meat with free water. By 10:30am I walked to the building, it was an uncompleted one so I waited for her at the entrance, just as the time strucked 11:00am 2 black Range Rovers parked in my front and she stepped down smiling. She was glowing from head to toe, from her pink lace iro and buba to her well tied and styled gele and all just preached class and wealth. We walked into the building and spoke for awhile before she finally stated her intentions.

I want your Glory she said, and if you are willing to give it to me you will never ever have to work any job or search for help before you feed yourself. Whatever you will need for the rest of your life will be giving to you by me, from money, to houses, cars, to you taking holidays abroad and enjoying yourself. All these I will give you only if you agree to give it willingly. I was shocked cause that morning I had read a tweet about sugar mummy's where someone had said what if she uses your Glory and the person replied something that I am not even using.

I was dumbfounded instantly, I had worked really had to secure a job and a life and it wasn't fruitful now someone was willing to have what she thinks I have that I am not seeing for the life I want. I asked if I could go home and think about and she said Yes and also gave me 100,000 in cash for even hearing her out, She told me to call her 8:20pm of anyday when I have made a decision and let her know.

Re: The Interview by Johnny234(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dammy keep it up i love it drop update oo.
Re: The Interview by dammyd46(m): 6:08am On Jun 07, 2022
Johnny234:
Dammy keep it up i love it drop update oo.

Thanks �
Re: The Interview by dammyd46(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2022
I don't know what choice you all will pick and what decision you all will take, but going back to that poverty life of mine is not going to work for me anymore. I called her exactly 8:20 and told her my decision.

5 years down the line, and I am leaving a wonderful life, I am married with two kids and I also drive the best of cars money can buy. Whatever decision I took has gotten me all this and more, less I forget I built my landlord a nice house with the best of designs, he will be back from France this weekend.

Now your turn what would you do?

Technical Content Writers Needed For A Crypto And Blockchain Project / Nemesis (episode 1)- By Badwriter / Do You Need Help Getting An Approved Upwork Account?