Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm (312 Views)

Ganduje Has Foundation That Converts Christians To Islam - Babachir Lawal Claims / Ways The Serenity Prayer Can Bring You Through Any Storm / OPC Members Fortify Themselves And Their Weapons Spiritually In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:00am On Jun 19, 2022
How To Build A Spiritually Rock-Solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm

Every believer is like a house builder. The house they build is their spiritual life.

The foundation of their spiritual lives depends on how they hear the Words of Jesus.

Those who hear the Words of Jesus and keep it, are building their spiritual life on a rock solid foundation which could withstand any possible storm.

Matthew 7:24-25 (KJV)

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."

But those who hear His Words but don't keep it, are building their spiritual lives on a feeble foundation which is bound to crash when the storm comes.

Matthew 7:26-27 (KJV)

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

So according to Jesus, the only reason the spiritual lives of believers crash after they've faced storms, is because they didn't build their spiritual lives upon the rock solid foundation which could withstand any kind of storm.

They were only hearers but not doers of His Words, so their spiritual lives were as feeble as a house built on sand. Hence when the storms came, their spiritual lives came crashing down, and Jesus said the fall was "great".

Therefore anyone who doesn't want his spiritual live to crash as the house of the foolish man when the storms come, he should not be just a hearer, but also doer of Jesus' Words.

That's the only way their spiritual lives would be able to withstand any possible kind of storm, because it was founded upon a rock.

God bless.

Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:01am On Jun 19, 2022
The storms in this instance illustrate the trials, temptations, attacks, persecutions and even death threats etc, which come to the lives of believers, because of the Words of Jesus which they hear. Matthew 13:21

It's is brought up against them by the devil to discourage them and ultimately prevent them from keeping the Words of Jesus which they heard.

The devil very well knows that the Words of Jesus poses the greatest threat to his kingdom, works and devices, so he would do anything to ensure those who hear it don't keep it, because once they begin to keep those Words, they would become too powerful for him to stop and prevail against regardless of what he tries.

Hence immediately the Words of Jesus is sown into someone's heart, which is what happens when someone hears it, the devil immediately tries to uproot it before it begins to geminate. He does that by distraction or deception so that those who hears the Word would not believe it, so their chances of keeping the Word is eliminated at the inception.

Mark 4:15 (KJV)

And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

If he doesn't succeed with that, his plan b is to cause affliction and persecution to those who have believed the Word they heard, to discourage them from keeping it.

Mark 4:16-17 (KJV)

And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

But if he still doesn't succeed with that plan, he then proceeds to the final plan (plan c), which is to use the cares and pleasures of this world, deceitfulness of riches, lustful desires to choke the Word of God in their lives, so they don't fully keep It and consequently bear fruits to perfection.

Luke 8:14 (KJV)

And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

But after all these plans and attempts, if the devil still doesn't succeed in discouraging them or stopping them from keeping the Words of Jesus, that means he's failed forever, as he can only look helplessly as they flourish in God.

Luke 8:15 (KJV)

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

These are the believers that built their spiritual lives upon the Rock.

God bless.
Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2022
The most formidable church ever built was built by a Wise man upon the Rock.

He said:

"Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18

The Wise Man is Jesus and the foundation He built His church upon was the rock-solid foundation of those who heard His Word and kept it.

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

That's why the gates of hell could not prevail against His church regardless of whatever storms it brought up against it.

That's why the spiritual lives of the believers of His church did not crumble regardless of the amount of persecutions, attacks, trials, deaths, they faced as a result of their belief in Him.

They couldn't be moved by any storms they faced, because they were wise men who built their spiritual lives upon the rock-solid foundation which could withstand any possible storms.

God bless.
Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2022
Amen.
Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:42am On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

"Upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18

Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Matthew 7:24-25 (KJV)

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."

Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Matthew 7:26-27 (KJV)

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Luke 8:15 (KJV)

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

God bless.
Re: How To Build A Spiritually Rock-solid Foundation That Could Withstand Any Storm by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18am On Jan 22, 2023
Thank you Jesus

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Start Business Now! / Happy Birthday Apostle Joshua Selman / They Even Think That They Are Human Voodoo Dolls! How Foolish!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.