Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Javascript Or Php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Javascript Or Php (661 Views)

Javascript Or Php / Can You Create A Good Intranet Portal Using Dotnet Or Php / How Do I Upload A Site Without The Extension Like .htm Or .php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript Or Php by Avast(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
I learnt html scripting last year and am almost through with CSS. So i need your advice which should i go for after CSS JAVASCRIPT OR PHP. Thanks
Re: Javascript Or Php by Afam4eva(m): 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
Firstly, html is not a scripting language but a markup language.

Secondly, CSS and to some extent javascript typically goes with HTML. So they should be your next port of call. Then after that you can learn some backend scripting(PHP, MYsql etc).

Goodluck
Re: Javascript Or Php by Avast(m): 3:51am On Jul 25, 2011
@afam4eva,thanks man i really appreciate your response.
Re: Javascript Or Php by Avast(m): 3:54am On Jul 25, 2011
@afam4eva,thanks man i really appreciate your response.
Re: Javascript Or Php by UpDates1(m): 7:53am On Jul 25, 2011
gbam
Re: Javascript Or Php by yawatide(f): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2011
HTML -> CSS -> JavaScript -> PHP

Share with us what you have learned in HTML. From experience I can tell you that what you learn through education in this field is not necessarily what you will use in the real world. Any sites/work you have done with what you've learned? If so, share. Let's give you a few pointers.

The more you know, the more you'll learn. Good luck!
Re: Javascript Or Php by binkabir(m): 12:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
javascript is the best for you for now but Javascript can be time consuming i will wish you jump into any one of these javascript libraries,
they make the learning curve for javascript much easier. and javascript implementation a blink of an eye.

1. jQuery,Dojo, Propotype, mootool or Zen.
all of them ar cool is just a matter of choice you make cheesy.
Re: Javascript Or Php by dhtmlextreme(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
@op, i was online when you posted your thread. . . .i refused to say anything because you have not given
us any proof yet that you even know H-T-M-L and madre de dio, now you want to venture into D-H-T-M-L realm?
Re: Javascript Or Php by binkabir(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^^ that rite shocked shocked shocked
Re: Javascript Or Php by bakenda(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2011
After you've mastered HTML and CSS, i'll recommend
PHP next, javascript is good but it's not immediately
useful in the sense that you can't use it solely to build
a site, it's meant to be used by the side. You can pick it
up later for client side effects
Re: Javascript Or Php by dhtmlextreme(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
binkabir:

^^^^^ that rite shocked shocked shocked
i think we should flog him

But seriously, you need to be grounded well in html,css and javascript before going into
php / mysql programming.
These days, you dont need to know too much core javascript (unlike old schools like us),
just go into dojo or jquery libraries.
Re: Javascript Or Php by Mobinga: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
HTML -> CSS -> Servlets -> JSP -> EJB

grin grin
Re: Javascript Or Php by Avast(m): 4:39am On Aug 02, 2011
@all May God answer your prayer as you answered my. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

New Site For Host Resellers / Would You Like To Learn Sharepoint And Other Related Technologies? / How To Create Blog ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.