Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Need Help On A Picky Eater - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Need Help On A Picky Eater (608 Views)

Have You Noticed How Alsatians Are Very Picky With Food? / Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. / Please I Need Help On My Caucasian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On A Picky Eater by Dogworlds: 1:14am On Jul 11, 2022
Has anyone encounter/ have a dog who is a die hard picky eater because I am losing my mind here. I have a 5 month gsd who is a picky eater she will just eat 2 mouth full of her food and leave the rest, I have 7 different bags of dry food, a full bag of noodles and a bag of brown rice and she hardly eat any of them, I got the gsd wen she was 2month old and she was a picky eater and now she is 5month still a picky eater am already feed up of the dog, I traveled with her to abj,Lagos to see different vet if they can identify if anything is wrong with the dog but all keep saying she is OK my other dogs are well built they give maximum respect when you walk them but when the gsd is out people say I maltreat the dog because she is lean and it's affecting me mentally seeing the dog is not giving me joy at all I have tried not feeding the dog for 6days it did not work. I might wake up one day and dump the dog on the street. Please if you have a way you can help please do, all advise are welcome
Re: Need Help On A Picky Eater by thundervirus(m): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2022
Lol. I used to have one GSD like that too. So my mom was like, when u were little and u don't eat, I used to give u vitamin B complex to increase ur appetite, why not give d dog b complex

Lol and behold, I bought b complex, grind like 2 on a stew meat, mix it together, she hate her normal and left. The next thing she was following me up and down, barking anyhow, then I knew she was hungry..

Her appetite greatly increased.

Just that u go pack shiiittt tire. But she will bcom a voracious eater

1 Like

Re: Need Help On A Picky Eater by seyimailbox: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2022
Pull out a syringe without the needle. Drop a tablet of vitamin B complex. Fix the syringe back. Draw about 3 ml of water into it.
It is water soluble and will dissolve in matter of minutes. Shake it and administer it into your dog's mouth in the morning and evening.
Secondly, experiment with variety of food to know the one it likes best and stick to it. Try variety of food.
Thirdly, you don't have to break your pocket to satisfy your dog. Try home made food. Just avoid onions, garlic, chocolate, coffee, milk. Aside this, your food is good enough for your dog.
To add weight, give balance diet and make sure that calorie intake is more than the energy output.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On A Picky Eater by Dogworlds: 9:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
thundervirus:
Lol. I used to have one GSD like that too. So my mom was like, when u were little and u don't eat, I used to give u vitamin B complex to increase ur appetite, why not give d dog b complex

Lol and behold, I bought b complex, grind like 2 on a stew meat, mix it together, she hate her normal and left. The next thing she was following me up and down, barking anyhow, then I knew she was hungry..

Her appetite greatly increased.

Just that u go pack shiiittt tire. But she will bcom a voracious eater
To pack shitt no be wahala make she just dea chop
Re: Need Help On A Picky Eater by Dogworlds: 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
seyimailbox:
Pull out a syringe without the needle. Drop a tablet of vitamin B complex. Fix the syringe back. Draw about 3 ml of water into it.
It is water soluble and will dissolve in matter of minutes. Shake it and administer it into your dog's mouth in the morning and evening.
Secondly, experiment with variety of food to know the one it likes best and stick to it. Try variety of food.
Thirdly, you don't have to break your pocket to satisfy your dog. Try home made food. Just avoid onions, garlic, chocolate, coffee, milk. Aside this, your food is good enough for your dog.
To add weight, give balance diet and make sure that calorie intake is more than the energy output.
If she wants to eat different food every seconds the money is available for that,, the dog don't like any food at all both home made and dog food I sometimes force hand feed the dog
Re: Need Help On A Picky Eater by seyimailbox: 10:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Dogworlds:

If she wants to eat different food every seconds the money is available for that,, the dog don't like any food at all both home made and dog food I sometimes force hand feed the dog
How old is the dog? Which food have you tried?
Re: Need Help On A Picky Eater by darchiplanhomes(m): 4:54am On Jan 03, 2023
Lol... You are just me. I have two GSDs behaving like yours. My saving grace is that they are long coat and from pedigree parents so naturally in their gene, they are big but they are chronic picky eaters. Food dey spoil for my house. I mean correct dog food. I once gave a guy along my street whose dog was starving about 10kg of booster dry food that my dogs refused eating. I wake up sometimes and throw away Jojo can food I served them but in all these, I discovered that they don't joke with chicken so I buy it now even in cartons. Two days ago I bought 20kg of chicken head and leg and it's cooling in the freezer now. I hate that picky eating habit. Each time I serve them food, I start praying for them to eat.

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do With Old Dog / I Have Pure Breed Caucasian Puppies For Sale / Any1 With Doberman Stud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.