Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ... (723 Views)

How Do I Handle My Neighbor Talking Ill About Me? / How Do I Handle My Problematic Father? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by isaiah4life(m): 8:24am On Aug 10, 2022
Re: ... by tee59(f): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2022
Create time for them. Since you're a teacher, teach them . When you get back home, no matter how tired you are, tell them to bring out their books and assignment. Teach them, do the work together. If you do this daily, you will see changes. Also be firm with them. These kids should be in grade 1 and 2, so they are still young. Be disciplined and most importantly, create time for them. Teachers can't do everything.

3 Likes

Re: ... by isaiah4life(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
Thanks for the response. I do teach them mostly at night before they sleep. I work this stuff with them but it seems I am missing something out. I can't tell.

All the same, thanks for the advice.

tee59:
Create time for them. Since you're a teacher, teach them . When you get back home, no matter how tired you are, tell them to bring out their books and assignment. Teach them, do the work together. If you do this daily, you will see changes. Also be firm with them. These kids should be in grade 1 and 2, so they are still young. Be disciplined and most importantly, create time for them. Teachers can't do everything.
Re: ... by chii8(f): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2022
The children are not psychologically balanced.They are missing the love of a parent they have known and are finding it difficult to adjust.You may be paying their bills...but emotionally, they are alone!

So sorry about your predicament!(my opinion though)

1 Like

Re: ... by henrimoto(m): 4:31am On Aug 11, 2022
Did you say they are 5 & 7 yrs. old ? You need more patience on your side, there are kids that are slow learners, it takes more time for them to assimiliate things but when they come around it, it sticks with them well. Don't compare your siblings with other sharp kids you've come across with. Just be patience with them. They will surely come around.

1 Like

Re: ... by henrimoto(m): 4:51am On Aug 11, 2022
henrimoto:
Did you say they are 5 & 7 yrs. old ? You need more patience on your side, there are kids that are slow learners, it takes more time for them to assimiliate things but when they come around it, it sticks with them well. Don't compare your siblings with other sharp kids you've come across with. Just be patience with them. They will surely come around.
... Another thing, calm down your mind. I understand it's not been easy on you but Take it easy on your self. What will be will be, what you didn't achieve yesterday, you CAN achieve it today & tomorrow, as long as you are alive and it's concieved in your mind. Be gratefull, at least you have a source of income.

1 Like

Re: ... by Paramount01(m): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2022
You are worried because they are not doing well now in academics, parents are always in haste, 7yearso age? What did they know? Bros! Abef relax, keep doindo what you are doing they will catch up

I was an average pupil in my primary school but I was the best graduation students in my secondary school.

Why rushing? Just keep doing your best they will pick up with time

1 Like

Re: ... by Lamanii22(f): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2022
They are not doing well like not carrying first position or they are below 50%?

1 Like

Re: ... by DontBullshitMe: 10:22am On Aug 11, 2022
Why is the age difference between you and your siblings so wide?

I believe you should be around 24-29.
Re: ... by isaiah4life(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2022
Irony

DontBullshitMe:
Why is the age difference between you and your siblings so wide?

I believe you should be around 24-29.
Re: ... by isaiah4life(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2022
Below, ma.

Lamanii22:
They are not doing well like not carrying first position or they are below 50%?
Re: ... by TeppyTherapy: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2022
I think they are missing their parents is the problem. They are at the age where they are comparing themselves with their school mates and seeing the differences in their lives.

Don't worry. Try and ask them if they miss having your dad around. Then let them understand that life is all about using the hands fate deals you to achieve the best you can be. Tell them that the best way to acknowledge their father is to be the best.

Re: ... by isaiah4life(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Re: ... by isaiah4life(m): 7:38am On Jun 21, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Ring Car Engine / Dealer Shares Simple Difference Between LG Standing AC And Hisense Standing AC / How My Dad Reacted When His Money Was Spent For My School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.