Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Tick Problem - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Tick Problem (841 Views)

Just Lost My Dog To Tick Fever / New Flea And Tick Treatment For Dogs / Tick Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tick Problem by BenNash: 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2022
Hello, please I have a serious issue with ticks on my dogs.
Bought different types of tick spray but they don't work effectively.
Is there a tablet one can use? That won't be potentially harmful or something?

I'm asking for a tablet cuz most of the ticks are in the ears. There's literally no way to kill the except there's a drug for it.
Re: Tick Problem by Kob82(m): 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2022
You can buy amitraz and use it to bath your dog, also try to fumigate your environment.
Re: Tick Problem by Sunnyhillsfarms: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2022
Get bravecto
Re: Tick Problem by AOOG1: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
Bravecto is very ok. Amitraz is also good, but my problem is that if the dog lick or drinks it, na Gobe be that. I'll suggest fipronil, It's very ok. Spray it directly into the ears, and when next you bath the dog, you wash away the dead ticks. You also have to give them invermticin shot to make their blood toxic for parasites.

The problem you might be facing is the ticks are hiding. Spray all his hard to reach parts like inside the ears, between and under his paws and the tail and butthole. But you have to also fumigate the surroundings because they drop and hide too.
Re: Tick Problem by BenNash: 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2022
AOOG1:
Bravecto is very ok. Amitraz is also good, but my problem is that if the dog lick or drinks it, na Gobe be that. I'll suggest fipronil, It's very ok. Spray it directly into the ears, and when next you bath the dog, you wash away the dead ticks. You also have to give them invermticin shot to make their blood toxic for parasites.

The problem you might be facing is the ticks are hiding. Spray all his hard to reach parts like inside the ears, between and under his paws and the tail and butthole. But you have to also fumigate the surroundings because they drop and hide too.
Yeah I've heard about the Amitraz but it's too risky.
Please do you know how much the Bravecto and ivermectin cost?
Re: Tick Problem by BenNash: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Sunnyhillsfarms:
Get bravecto
How much does it cost please?
Re: Tick Problem by Foodqueen(f): 3:57am On Aug 16, 2022
Heard dog powder works like magic too
Re: Tick Problem by kekakuz(m): 11:35am On Aug 16, 2022
Bravecto is the simple solution to tickam am enjoying now. My 4 Dogs are free and even my environment is free .I don't know how that Tablet was made but it's magical. Forget about chemical bath and Go for this.
It comes in different sizes and prices. Depends on the size of your Dog. Minimum is 15 k and 25 for Max
Re: Tick Problem by BenNash: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
kekakuz:
Bravecto is the simple solution to tickam am enjoying now. My 4 Dogs are free and even my environment is free .I don't know how that Tablet was made but it's magical. Forget about chemical bath and Go for this.
It comes in different sizes and prices. Depends on the size of your Dog. Minimum is 15 k and 25 for Max
Oh okay, thanks. It's expensive sha.
Re: Tick Problem by BenNash: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
AOOG1:

I missed the part you said invermticin shot. Thought it was a tablet lol. Found out the Bravecto is 25k lol. That's really expensive.

(1) (Reply)

PICS: Purebred All MALE American Pit Bull Terrier Puppies For Sale!!! / Woman Marries Her Two Cats And Says They Give Her Happiness Than Men / Cuddliest Dog Breed Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.