Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

My Random Thoughts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Random Thoughts (133 Views)

Random Pictures / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / Random User Password Logs For Paypal, Gmail, Yahoomail, Facebook Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Random Thoughts by Dayvidblue: 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
Over time, in the course of using this platform, I have come across numerous notions, some of them laughable, some logically correct and others lacking enough data to make pragmatic stance on them.
On this account I have decided to compile my opinions on them from time to time.

IF THE IGBOS HELPED BUILD LAGOS, WHY HAVE THEY NOT REPLICATED SAME IN THEIR REGION?

I have heard folks ask this question a good number of times and many a time I choose not respond because I get the impression that either the person is playing dumb for a sport or outrightly gullible.
It is no coincidence that lagos and Abuja are the most economically viable cities in Nigeria. A bulk of federal government fund has gone into the creation of infrastructures in these two cities to an extent incomparable to others.
The international airport, the seaport, the third mainland bridge just to name a few are multi billion naira projects that were facilitated with funds from the national treasury.
Also, it is axiomatic to state the abysmal presence of the the federal government in the south east since after the civil war, especially infrastructure wise. It is the exact opposite of what we had in the former, no international airport, the federal roads seem like a route to hell and what have you.

No how will any sane person expect the Igbos to replicate the same level of development that they have shown in lagos. It is tantamount to ask a master Potter to make potteries out of nothing. It is impossible and (or) outright madness.
Why have other South West states not achieved the same developmental feat? The answer lies in the existing infrastructural diparity.

Nonetheless, the bottom line is that lagos is what it is today, because of the contributions of Lagosians irrespective of tribe and no people or group of people can lay more claim to developing lagos than the igbos.
Re: My Random Thoughts by Dayvidblue: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
[align=center]MY THOUGHT ON RELIGION[/align]
I am generally adversed to all forms of organised religion, it should be noted that the keyword here is "organised" so no mistake should be made about my piety.

(1) (Reply)

[photo] - You Are Needed Here Urgently. / Manufacturers Of Bearings In India / Devops Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.