Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant (12452 Views)

EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Olakunle Oluomo / Again, EFCC Moves Against Bukola Saraki / ONSA's N1.2bn: Again, EFCC Goes After Fayose’s Lagos, Abuja Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by dre11(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2022
The Speaker was detained when he reported ot the EFCC office on Monday

By Olasunkanmi Akinlotan

For the second time in four days, operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have arrested the Speaker of the Ogun state House of Assembly, Olakunle Oluomo, for alleged fraudulent activities.

PREMIUM TIMES reports that the operatives had last Thursday arrested Mr Oluomo around 9:00 a.m. at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.

The speaker was, however, released late Friday night but asked to return on Monday.

When the speaker returned to the EFCC’s office on Monday, he was detained.

A source said Mr Oluomo and two other suspects were in the EFCC custody as of 9:43 p.m.

The speaker and his media aide, Abdulgafar Adeleye, did not respond to phone calls seeking comments.

Wilson Uwujaren, the EFCC spokesperson, did not also respond to phone calls.

On Monday, the anti-graft agency filed an 11 count charge against Mr Oluomo and the Clerk of the House, Adedeji Adeyemo, and the Accountant, Oludayo Samuel.

A fourth suspect, Adeyanju-Nimota Amoke, who is suspected to be the former Accountant of the House, is still at large.

The EFFC’s Lagos Head of Legal Monitoring Unit, Rotimi Oyedepo, filed the charges against the speaker and the three other defendants before the Federal High Court, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Multiple sources both at the assembly and in the EFCC told this newspaper that the speaker turned down several invitations extended to him by the EFCC.

The suspects may be arraigned before the court on Tuesday.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/552523-again-efcc-arrests-ogun-assembly-speaker-clerk-accountant.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by coconutbag: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2022
The problem with Nigeria is Nigerians and the corrupt leadership we keep choosing out of sentiments.

EFCC will waste taxpayer's money pursuing the few cases their paymasters allow them to pursue, only for the criminals to be jailed and later be released on presidential pardon. We play too much politics here at the detriment of our future and the future of the unborn generations.

Many Nigerians may never know what a good life means just because of poor choice of leaders they make.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by Kenkelle(m): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2022
Too many questionable character in ogun politics

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2022
TuEh

If Mc oluomo hasn't been fact checked by Efcc till now..

Joker for Yankee dey learn

2 Likes

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by MadamOk(f): 10:53am On Sep 06, 2022
Okay na
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by olaboy33(m): 10:53am On Sep 06, 2022
Same Ogun where an SA to the governor was arrested abroad for fraud.

Same Ogun that has the worst road network in the South West.

9 Likes

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by chloride6: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2022
Wow!

The Werey go leave speaker las las sha…
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by olamike02: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2022
What will CAN do now. Declare prayer and fasting . We encourage these looters by our actions and inactions.

1 Like

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by Antoeni(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2022
I Pledge to Nigeria My Country,
to be OBIdient, loyal and Yusuful,
To vote-out TINUBU, ATIKU, and KWANKWASO, with my PVC,
To be Gentle and Loyal on Election Day,
To Vote PETER OBI with All My Strength, To say NO to Vote buying and protect my vote, And Uphold No Violence & Trouble, So Help Me God. Amen....

We move for a better Nigeria.

I'm fully OBIDIENT to my country Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by Dalnadoni: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Another Family matter....
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by melonsgroup: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Legacies of Tinubu in Lagos state,replicated in Ogun state....Tufiakwa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by Starboytwo(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2022
FraudGeria
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Kenkelle:
Too many questionable character in ogun politics

na dem

1 Like

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by Somebody13: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2022
There is a high possibility of milking a male goat than searching for an honest Nigerian politician.

1 Like

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by bigdammyj: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2022
Noted.
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:56am On Sep 06, 2022
olamike02:

While Igbo and Drugs are Siamese twins grin

blame the Columbians you worship..

Minorities will always be minorities
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by VeryWickedMan: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2022
olamike02:

While Igbo and Drugs are Siamese twins grin

Tinubu is not Igbo
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by SmartPolician: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Customer dada ni! cheesy
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by Houseofglam7(f): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
undecided
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by PeterObi4LP: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Nairaland MOD is compromised. They now delete my counter comment about Tinubu. Moh247 make a derogatory comment about Peter Obi I counter him. People start quoting me the mod deleted my post.

Why are the mod bias? Any urchins that insult Obi I will insult your candidate with good measures.
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by LibertyRep: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Why release him of Friday in the first instance, only to detain him again on Monday.

That's how they'll do media paparazzi untill the case is bungled.

Did you see FBI playing hide and seek with Hush?

EFCC should ensure they have a water tight case and then straight to court once a rest is made..

1 Like

Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by chatinent: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Why arrest one?

Aren't all politicians fraudsters? So na who no agree with una una dey arrest baa?
Re: Again, EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Clerk, Accountant by allthegirl: 10:59am On Sep 06, 2022
Catch n release

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: I'm Ready For PDP In 2015 / Ozekhome Released By Abductors / SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.