Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

please help a learner. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / please help a learner. (284 Views)

British Council Outstanding Learner's Award For Cambridge IGCSE 2022 / 16 Year Old Become Young Certified IBM Machine Learner In Nigeria / Difference Between A Student And A Learner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

please help a learner. by jeromestarks: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
I want to learn to ride a motorcycle but I have two questions.
1. Can I use only gear two throughout my journey?
2. Can I use only front brake to stop?
3. How do I prevent myself from falling?

Please add more tips after answering my questions. Thanks.
Re: please help a learner. by Sablexxxtoons: 10:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:
I want to learn to ride a motorcycle but I have two questions.
1. Can I use only gear two throughout my journey?
2. Can I use only front brake to stop?
3. How do I prevent myself from falling?

Please add more tips after answering my questions. Thanks.

Better take time to learn.. riding in Nigeria or anywhere for that matter can be deadly.. and its new riders that die most.. once you learn and obey the rules your chances of survival are much higher

You cant use gear 2 for your whole movement.. you use lower gears for low speed situation and higher gears for gigh speed

Front brake depends on the type of bike.. for a low end bike ( okada) front brake is not reliable. Master the back brake.. for a japanese or European powerbike front brake is your main brake.. squeeze it gently also use the rear.. dont use front to brake when turning

You prevent falling by riding within your limits of ability and anticipating well .

Be careful of intersections/ junctions .. always slow down and check

There is much more to learn

2 Likes

Re: please help a learner. by jeromestarks: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:

Better take time to learn.. riding in Nigeria or anywhere for that matter can be deadly.. and its new riders that die most.. once you learn and obey the rules your chances of survival are much higher

You cant use gear 2 for your whole movement.. you use lower gears for low speed situation and higher gears for gigh speed

Front brake depends on the type of bike.. for a low end bike ( okada) front brake is not reliable. Master the back brake.. for a japanese or European powerbike front brake is your main brake.. squeeze it gently also use the rear.. dont use front to brake when turning

You prevent falling by riding within your limits of ability and anticipating well .

Be careful of intersections/ junctions .. always slow down and check

There is much more to learn
Thanks thanks thanks!
1000 thanks isn't enough for you. Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Re: please help a learner. by HarlequinLekex: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2022
Jeromestarks,better look for a good rider to teach u,online tips without full training can't lead u to anywhere

1 Like

Re: please help a learner. by jeromestarks: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Jeromestarks,better look for a good rider to teach u,online tips without full training can't lead u to anywhere
But it's better than none right.
I learnt how to play keyboard online.
I learnt how to ride bicycle online.
I learnt how to swim online.
I learnt how to sing online.
I learnt how to shoot online.
If I can learn these things online then I can learn anything online.
Re: please help a learner. by HarlequinLekex: 9:35am On Sep 16, 2022
jeromestarks:

But it's better than none right.
I learnt how to play keyboard online.
I learnt how to ride bicycle online.
I learnt how to swim online.
I learnt how to sing online.
I learnt how to shoot online.
If I can learn these things online then I can learn anything online.
Since this online spirit is working for u go ahead with it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Medical Students Only: Share Your Medical School Experience / Another Strike Looms As Nigerian Government Pays ASUU Half Salaries For October / Kabale University In Uganda, Sacked Nigerian Lecturer Dr. Nafiu Lukman Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.