Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

??????????????????????????????????? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ??????????????????????????????????? (1737 Views)

African Americans: Why We Hate Black Immigrants In America? / A Plea From A Malaysian To Nigerians / Hey, New Black American Member Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

??????????????????????????????????? by mergefree: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2011
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by tpia5: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
AAs have strong ties to the southeast and the general southsouth region.

I think you'll like those places.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by mergefree: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by tpia5: 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2011
Dont know nigerian citizenship laws and yes to your first question.
They are also very good looking like AAs and you`ll feel quite welcome there i`m sure.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by mergefree: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2011
??
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by SAFO(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
When we were living in Lagos my mother had dual citizenship and she's American. They used to call her Oyinbo lady even though she was black but because of her accent lol.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by mergefree: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
?
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by nakita(f): 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yes it is possible to get a nigerian citizenship or u marry a nigerian girl and for your second quest Oyinbo, means in yoruba a white man
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by nakita(f): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
the real meaning goes, Oyin, means honey while Bo means Covered, so the real meanin is eni ti oyin bo in yoruba which means someone that the bees hoven covered.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by Emmyk(m): 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2011
@nakita, what bee stuff are you talking about? Oyin wo lo boju oyinbo?
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by mergefree: 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by kodewrita(m): 7:32am On Aug 12, 2011
mergefree:

So does that mean i won't be viewed as black

That doesnt matter. You will be welcome wherever you do visit(Southeast, South-South, Southwest).

In the southwest, if you manage to master the local language, Yoruba, you are effectively considered a Yoruba. They will never ask where you came from unless you stress it.

However, keep your wits about you. You will need them. In nigeria.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
hmmm @ thread.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by tpia5: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
kodewrita:

In the southwest, if you manage to master the local language, Yoruba, you are effectively considered a Yoruba. They will never ask where you came from unless you stress it.

100% wrong.

you're confusing real life with nollywood.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by honeric01(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
kodewrita:

That doesnt matter. You will be welcome wherever you do visit(Southeast, South-South, Southwest).

However, keep your wits about you. You will need them. In nigeria.

LOL, even when a bini man speaks yoruba, they still call him "omo Igbo", talkless of you? HEHEHHEHEHE, come and let them insult you from morning till night. you better go to southeast or southsouth, do not come to southeast unless you can stand being mocked.

(BLUNT TRUTH)
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by kodewrita(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
tpia@:

100% wrong.

you're confusing real life with nollywood.
I grew up in the southwest. My church was half-Igbo, half-Yoruba. same for my neighbourhood (well less Igbo anyway). But they bought land, married local girls, started businesses and lived fulfilling lives. Any insults or jeers are just from the sociopathic fringe present in any society. Of course, you dont expect to become a chairman or something similar there but everything else is yours for the taking (tongue in cheek). And they are always excited when non-Africans speak their language fluently. A missionary priest made that mistake and his house almost became a barn with the quantity of free yams he got.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by tpia5: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^if you're catholic then you should know catholics take their priests very seriously and yes, the priests can get lots of gifts from the congregation regardless if they speak the local language or not.

and if you marry a local girl and you're non-yoruba, then yes, it might give you a bit of an edge. Same as what applies everywhere. Besides, most of the ones marrying local girls might have been born, raised or are otherwise familiar with the area.

however, none of this means people dont trace your ancestry back a few generations.

the only time it might not matter much is when people are younger and are interacting with each other.

and that's for yorubas, dont know about other groups.
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by daroz(m): 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2011
How come u have only been mentioning Yoruba and Igbo, what about Hausa?
Re: ??????????????????????????????????? by UyiIredia(m): 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2011
@ mergefree >>> I am cool with black Americans. I dunno much about others.

(1) (Reply)

''I Wish I Had Been A Guy'' / Pakage Of ETHIOPIA / Full Video: Nlc Pickets Mtn Headquarters Over Casualization Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.