Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through (1628 Views)

Nigerian Man Shares How He Went From Having A 3rd Class From UI To A First Class / University Of Ibadan: Our Auditor Went Blind While Working On Accounts - Bursar / 5 Wrong Animal Stereotypes That Will Make You Rethink Nature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by ccjoe: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
The pic below is that of George McLaurin the first b|back man admitted to Oklahoma University in 1948, he was forced to sit in a corner away from his fellow wh!te men.

⁣But his name remains on the honor list as one of the top three students in college.

These are his words:

⁣’'Some colleagues looked at me like I was an an!ma|, no one spoke to me, for teachers I didn't even exist, they rarely answered my questions. I dedicated so much to myself, that after my teammates started looking for me and teachers started taking me into consideration. I stopped being invisible to them."

⁣Education has more power than weapons.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by LocalStandard1(m): 2:19am On Sep 18, 2022
thank you for this, I am inspired.
Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by Baronthecelebri: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2022
That is one thing about life, just work on yourself and you'll see that those that did not value and respect you, will start looking for you. Thank you,

4 Likes

Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by crackhouse(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2022
Inside life
Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by Blake755: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2022
Yeah it happens for instance when I started my business kinda tough especially from friends the prefer patronizing another person but now am good at what I do the now call me cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by Nwaomaah: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2022
We been don suffer for these pink people hand o
But one day, black shall rule again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by SILVERLINES: 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Life is all about yourself

For those of you who just made little fortune, just small, u run go carry woman for shoulder and fall in love at the same time.

Know that you status in the social is your achievements, not who you impress
Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by Conner44: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
SILVERLINES:
Life is all about yourself

For those of you who just made little fortune, just small, u run go carry woman for shoulder and fall in love at the same time.

Know that you status in the social is your achievements, not who you impress

majority of Nigerians believe that once you can get married and have kids you’ve achieved the highest level ever to be accorded to you in your lifetime.

Very myopic

2 Likes

Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by gulfer: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
Looking at the man, he is what we call an agba awo (experienced head) who was able to withstand the pressure due to his maturity and mental toughness; a younger and inexperienced Blackman might have broken down under the racial pressure to have stopped going to the school all together. Kudos to him, so many sportsmen still get bullied till tomorrow all over the world; and it ain't easy coping even now undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by jesmond3945: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
ccjoe:
The pic below is that of George McLaurin the first b|back man admitted to Oklahoma University in 1948, he was forced to sit in a corner away from his fellow wh!te men.

⁣But his name remains on the honor list as one of the top three students in college.

These are his words:

⁣’'Some colleagues looked at me like I was an an!ma|, no one spoke to me, for teachers I didn't even exist, they rarely answered my questions. I dedicated so much to myself, that after my teammates started looking for me and teachers started taking me into consideration. I stopped being invisible to them."

Wow. You would know what he felt to you stand in his shoes. You will feel like people hate you, that you are unwanted. Only when you come out of it will show how brave you are.
Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by jesmond3945: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
gulfer:
Looking at the man, he is what we call an agba awo (experienced head) who was able to withstand the pressure due to his maturity and mental toughness; a younger and inexperienced Blackman might have broken down under the racial pressure to have stopped going to the school all together. Kudos to him, so many sportsmen still get bullied till tomorrow all over the world; and it ain't easy coping even now undecided undecided undecided undecided
Exactly my brother. It still happens up till today.
Re: This Will Make You Work Hard...look What He Went Through by GoAndVerify: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2022
ccjoe:

These are his words:

What do you mean by HIS FELLOW WHITE MEN?

Sometimes, it's good to read carefully before posting.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With Nigeria Approved Foreign University / Questions And Answer On Nnpc/chevron / Most Frequently Asked Question (faq)! A Must Read To All Ui Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.