Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

What Do You Think About This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About This? (167 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / What Do you Think About Suicide? Here's My Take. Mature Minds Please. / Does God Even Exist? Read This And Think About It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This? by Fantazy(m): 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
This concerns the christians mostly but anybody can contribute sincerely without condemnation.

There's this church I have been attending for about 9 years now. It a local church under construction with few /countable members. Its a type of church in which if Deacon Solomon farts, people will know he is the one without asking anyone (that's how few the members are). There are lots of contributions in this church almost every month for different kinds of programs (Sectional, District, General council etc). My problem is not the numerous donations, it is the fact that the names of the donators and those who don't donate will be written down for accountability.

I am not a active donator in the church, that's, in most cases I donate little or none at all (I'm still praying for the grace) cos it takes grace to commit oneself to the extent of always donating when the need arises.

Now the painful part is that the pastor and even some members knows that I'm not the type that donates like that, though I'm very active in other areas as a worker (Instrumentalist, choir member, drama club. etc). because of this, anything done in the church with money they will just conclude that my own money is not part of it.
The pastor has confronted me many times on the payment of tithe, to the extent of announcing to the whole congregation that since I have been coming to the church I have never paid tithe (chai!), he has called me stingy in the church many times.
I'm not denying the fact that I'm not doing well in that area, but, is all those 'calling out" of a thing necessary in the church?

Despite all the calling out I'm not still good in that area. even if I contribute at all, they will still doubt if I did. So I just palm, maintain my stay, though I'm not happy with all the bashes.
I don't want to bring in an excuse concerning the fact that I'm still hustling, with very low paying job. After all na everybody dey hustle.

I sometimes plan to stop going to that church and take some times off church.
It has made me see the church as if donation of cash is the only thing a member can do to be seen as an active member.

NB. I have tried to always donate every time the need arise but I always find my self donating little or none.

I know I'm not doing well in that area as I said earlier. But my point again is: IS IT BIBLICAL/NECESSARY TO BE MAKING IT SO OBVIOUS THAT A PARTICULAR MEMBER IS NOT MEETING UP TO A PARTICULAR DEMAND?

I might stop going to that church anytime soon. The only thing still keeping me there is the fact that I'm very much used to the church and its members.

What do you think about me, the that church or the pastor?

Thanks
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Natbrowny: 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
Calling names and amount of people who donated is wrong.

Do not let anyone push you to do beyond your capacity using biblical references to support their claim.
Going to church is to be close to God. And i believe you want your hustle to move forward. There is nothing wrong in suspending going to that church for now because believe me from your narration - that place is toxic. You can talk to God even in ur mind. U need peace of mind. U aint getting it there. Do not get distracted. Good luck
Re: What Do You Think About This? by Coly2012(m): 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
See just forget about the pastor, there records and what members think or say about you, it's only you and God that knows what you are passing through.

So focus on your happiness and ways to make God happy with you.

Eno get church were wahala non dey, so just dey were you dey like Dela, last last ego better and the world go no say non be stinge you stinge na money non dey before.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by kingxsamz(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2022
You're complaining. Don't you know that pastors are business men running a business? undecided
If you can't pay up your offering, midweek offering, end of the month tithe, first fruit of the year and other random donations the pastor needs, then you shouldn't bother going to church.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jumuah Obligatory For Women? / Wonderland Lagos 2022: The Most Exciting Holiday Experience To Storm Lagos Niger / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/10/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.