Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week (677 Views)

My Experience At LASU NIMC Center / My Horrible Experience At Computer Village / Priest Shot By Herdsmen Was Among Catholics That Protested Last Week – Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Unityp: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
I went to register a new sim card last week at Mararaba junction,Nasarawa state. A lady approached me first and i decided to follow her since they are very many doing the business.
She took me to an office and collected one of the registration machines.She demanded for my NIN which i gave her and she ran it on the machine and it brought out my info.
Meanwhile, i have already selected a number that i gave her to register.After taking my thumbprint and my photo,she said there is a network error and that we will need to start from the beginning.
Then I asked "what is going on here?" "Are you trying to double cross me by registering me on two different sims?"
She answered and said,"no o,we don`t do that here."
Then i allowed her to capture me again from the scratch.
When i got home,i activated the Sim and airtel sent a message saying i have registered two numbers on my profile and they listed the numbers .I recognized the second number as the number i choose but the first number,i have no idea.
The following day, i went back to the office and i was told the lady did not come because it was Sunday.
On Monday,i went back to the office with two of my colleagues one a DSS officer.
We still did not meet her, maybe she saw us coming and went to hide.We collected her phone no and call her but it was switched off.The owner of the office was really scared because it was his machine that was used,He claimed that he did`d know the lady and that they bring customers,use his machine and register them and he pays them commission from the sales of the sim.We left and promised to come back.
When i got home after about 4 hours,the owner of the shop called me that the lady had sent someone to return the sim and i should pls come and collect it.
This morning,another guy who claimed to be the husband of the lady called and was begging that i should pls collect the sim and forgive the lady.I will be going there after office hours today.
Guys,if you want to register a new sim,make sure you are watching every input they are putting on their machine because this is their new business now.I learnt they sell those pre-registered sim to yahoo boys and other criminals at a very high price.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sorry o
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Lalarsticlala: 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2022
When i got home,i activated the Sim and airtel sent a message saying i have registered two numbers on my profile and they listed the numbers .I recognized the second number as the number i choose but the first number,i have no idea.
Next time when you discover something of such, just call customer care to deactivate the other line

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Ivimmanuel: 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
Good you shared
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Unityp: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
Lalarsticlala:
Next time when you discover something of such, just call customer care to deactivate the other line
I called airtel and they said i need to go to their office to deactivate the second line.Though,that would have been my last resort
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by hisgrace090: 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
Must we all in side of the world turn to fraud?
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Tinubuagbado: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
You're a vigilant guy. Congratulations for escaping that trap
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by dammywapes(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
Naso person wey no know anything go suffer wetin eno know. Same way my friend chat me up last night if i have sterling acc that is atm has expired by june.
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by Baronthecelebri: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hmmm
Re: My Experience At A Sim Card Registration Center Last Week by EmzyT: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested While Bathing With Blood In Ogun / Gistlover To IGP: An Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police / Suspected Yahoo Boy Reportedly Brutalized For Crushing At Least Four People To D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.