Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Php Is The King In Terms Of Security - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Is The King In Terms Of Security (1103 Views)

Help...my If Statement In Php Is Not Echoing / Defining OOP In Terms Of Set Theory / Php Is For Code Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by AbiodunFaf(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2011
Contribute and share your opinions here

www.rightsiteclick.com
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Beaf: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2011
Is this meant to be a joke?
A PHP website is like a hackers xmas present.

The National Vulnerability Database maintains a list of vulnerabilities found in computer software. The overall proportion of PHP-related vulnerabilities on the database amounted to: 20% in 2004, 28% in 2005, 43% in 2006, 36% in 2007, 35% in 2008, and 30% in 2009.[47] Most of these PHP-related vulnerabilities can be exploited remotely: they allow attackers to steal or destroy data from data sources linked to the webserver (such as an SQL database), send spam or contribute to DoS attacks using malware, which itself can be installed on the vulnerable servers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP#Security
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Fayimora(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2011
LOl dd u really reply that? Its just a way to lure people to the site,
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Beaf: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
^
Thank God I didn't even notice the link, the claim was so outrageous I basically saw red. grin
The OP really thinks he can lure IT people to a site named rightsiteClick.com? Lol
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Fayimora(m): 7:31pm On Aug 15, 2011
HAha yeah crazy people
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2011
AFAIK facebook runs on PHP

"No language can prevent insecure code, although there are language features which could aid or hinder a security-conscious developer." -Chris Shiflett

vulnerabilities includes Remote code execution via RFI, SQL injection, Cross Site Scripting (XSS) etc
all these can surface in PHP, python or even "un-PreparedStatement" java codes

so you developers need to stop poisoning beginners' orientation and start posting facts.
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by netghost: 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2011
i just wasted a click , sad sad sad
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2011
i just click too. the banner images, i mean the graphics style is like 10 yrs old
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Beaf: 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2011
Lol! Now you guys finally got me curious enough to click the link. Its really the worst looking site on Earth!
Funny stuff indeed!

OP, do yourself a favour and get a pro. Lol!
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by Thatdave(m): 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2011
the mumu couldnt even script a simple form that will forward his e-book to the requester's inbox!

He promises to send the PDf manually within 24hrs for each request! Lol well well!
Re: Php Is The King In Terms Of Security by netghost: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2011
Thatdave:

the mumu couldnt even script a simple form that will forward his e-book to the requester's inbox!

He promises to send the PDf manually within 24hrs for each request! Lol well well!

ROTFLMAO ,

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Perform A Batch Insert On Java Derby / How To Login To A Site With C++/C# / Help An Aspiring Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.