Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

all settled - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / all settled (1648 Views)

Thy Word Is Settled / Gospel Centre Enugu Central Min Paul Basil Settled The Guy That Serve Him / The Tithe Debate Was Settled 2000 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

all settled by realone12(m): 11:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
make una dey wine una sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: all settled by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
realone12:
on my way home today around 9:30pm, I mistakenly walk over a very weird sacrifice offering at a popular T junction close to my area.. pls I hope there is no problem?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

First and foremost , DON'T PANIC! grin

So long as you believe nothing is going to happen to you, nothing will. undecided

7 Likes

Re: all settled by gaby(m): 11:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
You are a representative of the gods. You've answered the petitioner's prayers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: all settled by realone12(m): 11:27pm On Oct 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

First and foremost , DON'T PANIC! grin

So long as you believe nothing is going to happen to you, nothing will. undecided
bro I hope so o.. coz it really freaked me out when I saw the weird sacrifice..

it was actually small chick tied with red ropes all over its body.. with its mouth wide open

2 Likes

Re: all settled by realone12(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
gaby:
You are a representative of the gods. You've answered the plaintiffs prayers.
how do you mean.
? does that mean something will happen to me?
Re: all settled by gaby(m): 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2022
realone12:
how do you mean.
? does that mean something will happen to me?

Naaa...nothing do you.

The gods are not to blame. Just in case.
Re: all settled by realone12(m): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
gaby:

Naaa...nothing do you.

bro pls speak to me in a direct language...

you have to see how panick I am right..
pls open up to me let me know what's up..

I feel so down.. the sacrice look so scary and weird.
which one is the gods are not to blame just Incase?

1 Like

Re: all settled by gaby(m): 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
realone12:
bro pls speak to me in a direct language...

you have to see how panick I am right..
pls open up to me let me know what's up..

I feel so down.. the sacrice look so scary and weird.
which one is the gods are not to blame just Incase?

No fear..

Na who chop belleful dey leave food for the gods these days as izobo

1 Like

Re: all settled by realone12(m): 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
gaby:

No fear..

Na who chop belleful dey leave food for the gods these days as izobo
toh I hear you.. let me be optimistic
Re: all settled by ayoncox: 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2022
realone12:
on my way home today around 9:30pm, I mistakenly walk over a very weird sacrifice offering at a popular T junction close to my area.. pls I hope there is no problem?
If you are a Christian, go and read this scriptures
Psalm 91, Psalm 46, Psalm 27, Luke 10:18-19
Read it loud and forget about it, don't tolerate fear
Re: all settled by Urheadmaster(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2022
Don't listen to the people discouraging you that nothing we happen

You must go make peace with the god's worshipers

Or else I will not tell you what we happen

But you'll not like what we happen tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: all settled by realone12(m): 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Don't listen to the people discouraging you that nothing we happen

You must go make peace with the god's worshipers

Or else I will not tell you what we happen

But you'll not like what we happen tongue undecided
but how will I make peace with the gods worshipers..

I don't even know who put the sacrifice there
Re: all settled by VeryWickedGoat: 12:05am On Oct 03, 2022
Something will happen.

1 Like

Re: all settled by telesxx: 12:08am On Oct 03, 2022
Boring
Re: all settled by realone12(m): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Something will happen.
Like what and what . seems una Don make up una mind to give me High bp
Re: all settled by realone12(m): 12:11am On Oct 03, 2022
telesxx:
Boring
u assume its boring now coz no be you it happened to..
if na u walk over that weird looking sacrifice, you will understand what am feeling
Re: all settled by christianjoy(m): 12:16am On Oct 03, 2022
realone12:
u assume its boring now coz no be you it happened to..
if na u walk over that weird looking sacrifice, you will understand what am feeling
look nothing will happen to you you are just panicking.
Re: all settled by realone12(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2022
christianjoy:
look nothing will happen to you you are just panicking.
I believe you.. I think I'm giving it too much attention.. nothing fit happen sef
Re: all settled by ghettochild(m): 12:23am On Oct 03, 2022
Nothing go do u jor...the people wey need the sacrifice don carry am before u even stepped on it
Re: all settled by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Oct 03, 2022
ayoncox:

If you are a Christian, go and read this scriptures
Psalm 91, Psalm 46, Psalm 27, Luke 10:18-19
Read it loud and forget about it, don't tolerate fear
OP, don't fall for this nonsense abeg! undecided

Engaging in the ritual prescribed here will only worsen your state. All you need do is relax and reason with your head how all you did was step in trash someone dumped on the street and you will be fine. undecided
Re: all settled by ayoncox: 2:27am On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
OP, don't fall for this nonsense abeg! undecided

Engaging in the ritual prescribed here will only worsen your state. All you need do is relax and reason with your head how all you did was step in trash someone dumped on the street and you will be fine. undecided
You seem to be beclouded with the concept of nothingness and lack understanding of how reality works. I pray the guy doesn't follow your advice of taking important matters for granted.

2 Likes

Re: all settled by Kobojunkie: 2:31am On Oct 03, 2022
ayoncox:

You seem to be beclouded with the concept of nothingness and lack understanding of how reality works. I pray the guy doesn't follow your advice of taking important matters for granted.
Pray for yourself instead so you snap out of the delusion that plagues you. undecided

Scripture is not meant to be used as if some book or source of incantations. The words written have no power in them. Instead the power is in Jesus Christ, He is the Word or God, and He gave power only to those who follow Him... actual persons who live their lives in continuous submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, the very Word of God aka God's Truth and Law aka the Gospel aka Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: all settled by ayoncox: 2:43am On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pray for yourself instead so you snap out of the delusion that plagues you. undecided

Scripture is not meant to be used as if some book or source of incantations. The words written have no power in them. Instead the power is in Jesus Christ, He is the Word or God, and He gave power only to those who follow Him... actual persons who live their lives in continuous submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments, the very Word of God aka God's Truth and Law aka the Gospel aka Jesus Christ. undecided
Someone came here out of fear and you said that the person should just maintain stability when the mind is already unstable.

Have you read the scriptures I wrote out to see what it says, I believe no but you rush out to jump and prove what you don't understand.

Blanking one's mind when one is in fear is not what the Holy Scriptures recommend but going back to the word of life.

I hope this spiritual eccentricity doesn't cost you in person because you seem to be showing a symptom of spiritual laxity if you are a Christian, perhaps you don't understand what your Pastors have taught you or maybe they taught you something eccentric which doesn't go in tangent with biblical strategies for conquering storms.

For example, Jesus was asleep and the disciples rushed to him out of fear, yes he said o ye of little faith,did he just tell them to blank their mind and go back to sleep, no he said to the storm Be still and the storm calmed down immediately.

If you carefully look at the word Still or be at peace from biblical outlook you will realize that it's the same word used by God when he told Moses and the Children of Israel at the bank of the Red Sea "be still and see the salvation of the Lord".

The same word was the one God sent again to the Israelites when they were afraid of being conquered during the time of Jehosaphat.

So I will advise go look up the scriptures I listed first before jumping into wrong conclusion that makes people move out of faith into imbalance boldness.
Our faith and confidence is in the Word of God and not in ourselves

1 Like

Re: all settled by Holybaddo: 2:54am On Oct 03, 2022
Oboi go drink anointing oil
Re: all settled by akwesenana: 3:02am On Oct 03, 2022
Na for BENIN?
Go find Igbo smoke sharp sharp.
Igbo dey chase witch.

1 Like

Re: all settled by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 03, 2022
Nothing. Sacrifice won't harm you. The person that put is most likely hoping to appease some spirits not to harm you. The ones that can harm you, you won't see them

2 Likes

Re: all settled by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Oct 03, 2022
ayoncox:
1. Someone came here out of fear and you said that the person should just maintain stability when the mind is already unstable.

2. Have you read the scriptures I wrote out to see what it says, I believe no but you rush out to jump and prove what you don't understand. Blanking one's mind when one is in fear is not what the Holy Scriptures recommend but going back to the word of life. I hope this spiritual eccentricity doesn't cost you in person because you seem to be showing a symptom of spiritual laxity if you are a Christian, perhaps you don't understand what your Pastors have taught you or maybe they taught you something eccentric which doesn't go in tangent with biblical strategies for conquering storms.

3. For example, Jesus was asleep and the disciples rushed to him out of fear, yes he said o ye of little faith,did he just tell them to blank their mind and go back to sleep, no he said to the storm Be still and the storm calmed down immediately.

4. If you carefully look at the word Still or be at peace from biblical outlook you will realize that it's the same word used by God when he told Moses and the Children of Israel at the bank of the Red Sea "be still and see the salvation of the Lord". The same word was the one God sent again to the Israelites when they were afraid of being conquered during the time of Jehosaphat. So I will advise go look up the scriptures I listed first before jumping into wrong conclusion that makes people move out of faith into imbalance boldness.
Our faith and confidence is in the Word of God and not in ourselves
1. Saying things like "Don't Panic" or "Don't worry" is the right to do in order to calm someone whose mind is supposedly in an unstable or anxious state, is it not? undecided

2. I have read the scriptures you quoted and not even a single one of them is indicated as a special incantation when one is consumed with fear or anxiety. undecided

As for "blanking one's mind", even Jesus Christ taught the same to His followers, as over 20 times in the Gospels, He is recorded to have repeated the phrases "Don't be afraid! " and "Do not worry! " to His followers. So, I think rather than listen to your pastors and mogs lie to you, you should probably start paying closer attention to Jesus Christ alone since Christianity is after all about Him and not the tales your pastors and mogs feed you. undecided

3. You know what Jesus Christ didn't say to His disciples in that situation though? He didn't tell them to chant scripture verses in order to save themselves. So, why do you think resorting to such pagan ritual somehow resonates with that which Jesus Christ spoke to His disciples in that scene? undecided

By the way, faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. If the disciples had in fact chosen to exercise faith during that particular event, they would have remembered one of Jesus Christ's many commands to them which is "FEAR NOT/DO NOT BE AFRAID!", after all, what the disciples did at that time - react in fear and panic - was against His commandment hence the reason why Jesus Christ scolded them. undecided

4. LOL... "Be still!" <---> "Don't Panic!" <---> "Don't be afraid!" <---> "Don't worry!" .... I don't think you even understand what you are arguing anymore. undecided

Look, even if we are to assume OP is a follower of Jesus Christ, according to Jesus Christ, the right thing to do in every situation is to trust and obey His teachings and commandments. Jesus Christ never told His disciples to chant verses as if incantations, either at situations or at God or anything. Such incantations are meaningless and only serve to exacerbate the fears and delusions of those who engage in such activities. Instead, He taught His followers to always obey His teachings and commandments, no matter what the situation, and in this case, asking even one who believes in Jesus Christ to obey His command not to worry or panic is the right thing to do. undecided

N.B The symbol <---> expresses equivalence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: all settled by ayoncox: 3:55am On Oct 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Saying things like "Don't Panic" or "Don't worry" is the right to do in order to calm someone whose mind is supposedly in an unstable or anxious state, is it not? undecided

2. I have read the scriptures you quoted and not even a single one of them is indicated as a special incantation when one is consumed with fear or anxiety. undecided

As for "blanking one's mind", even Jesus Christ taught the same to His followers, as over 20 times in the Gospels, He is recorded to have repeated the phrases "Don't be afraid! " and "Do not worry! " to His followers. So, I think rather than listen to your pastors and mogs lie to you, you should probably start paying closer attention to Jesus Christ alone since Christianity is after all about Him and not the tales your pastors and mogs feed you. undecided

3. You know what Jesus Christ didn't say to His disciples in that situation though? He didn't tell them to chant scripture verses in order to save themselves. So, why do you think resorting to such pagan ritual somehow resonates with that which Jesus Christ spoke to His disciples in that scene? undecided

By the way, faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. If the disciples had in fact chosen to exercise faith during that particular event, they would have remembered one of Jesus Christ's many commands to them which is "FEAR NOT/DO NOT BE AFRAID!", after all, what the disciples did at that time - react in fear and panic - was against His commandment hence the reason why Jesus Christ scolded them. undecided

4. LOL... "Be still!" <---> "Don't Panic!" <---> "Don't be afraid!" <---> "Don't worry!" .... I don't think you even understand what you are arguing anymore. undecided

Look, even if we are to assume OP is a follower of Jesus Christ, according to Jesus Christ, the right thing to do in every situation is to trust and obey His teachings and commandments. Jesus Christ never told His disciples to chant verses as if incantations, either at situations or at God or anything. Such incantations are meaningless and only serve to exacerbate the fears and delusions of those who engage in such activities. Instead, He taught His followers to always obey His teachings and commandments, no matter what the situation, and in this case, asking even one who believes in Jesus Christ to obey His command not to worry or panic is the right thing to do. undecided

N.B The symbol <---> expresses equivalence.
If you see reading out the scriptures as chanting incantation then something is wrong somewhere like I said earlier.
If you read Romans 10:18, 2 Corinthians 4:13, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Joshua 1:8 and Revelation 4:12 and Revelation 12:11 all attest to the essence of boldly declaring the word of God verbally.
Reading out the word of God is not chanting incantation but declaring the word of God, most especially if one doesn't have them in memories.
At every junction of our lives if anything must come out of our mouth it should be what the word of God says.
So if you check the scriptures I listed out at the beginning you will realize that they are faith boosters, most important for a Christian who seem to be weak in faith. We are all in different standings in the faith, but one area we can't outgrow is declaring the word of Life
Do you understand now,
Re: all settled by EricBloodAxe: 4:30am On Oct 03, 2022
Guy nothing go do u, I dey kick sacrifice like football for Ugbowo that year anytime my diabolical landlandy keep am outside my window. Once the nonsense start to decompose and smell inside, na to wear boot kick am like 100m away from my window angry

1 Like

Re: all settled by Kobojunkie: 4:50am On Oct 03, 2022
ayoncox:
1. If you see reading out the scriptures as chanting incantation then something is wrong somewhere like I said earlier.

2. If you read Romans 10:18, 2 Corinthians 4:13, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Joshua 1:8 and Revelation 4:12 and Revelation 12:11 all attest to the essence of boldly declaring the word of God verbally.

3. Reading out the word of God is not chanting incantation but declaring the word of God, most especially if one doesn't have them in memories. At every junction of our lives if anything must come out of our mouth it should be what the word of God says.

4. So if you check the scriptures I listed out at the beginning you will realize that they are faith boosters, most important for a Christian who seem to be weak in faith. We are all in different standings in the faith, but one area we can't outgrow is declaring the word of Life
Do you understand now,
1. Again, scriptural knowledge is not meant to be read aloud as if to ward off spirits and demons in the manner that is typical of pagans. Instead, it is meant to be consumed as one would any other knowledge for learning purposes and that written obeyed. undecided

2. Imagine that! I explained to you what Jesus Christ, the one who is King and Law in the Kingdom of God which you probably claim to belong to, commanded His followers to obey, going as far as to state that those who love Him are those who in fact accept and obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 20 - 25 & Matthew 7 vs 24 - 29 - but here you are attempting to counter the very declarations, why? To add to the insult against Jesus Christ, you randomly pull verses out-of-context without clearly processing the meaning meant by the authors, all so you can somehow get around the very Truth of God, why? undecided

3. Again, your reading out loud rituals have absolutely nothing to do with that which was taught by Jesus Christ nor that commanded by Him of every one of His followers. Nowhere in His teachings did Jesus Christ instruct His disciples that only what you refer to as the word of God be in their mouths. If anything, He taught them instead that they should endeavor never to become like the Pharisees and Sadducees who were known to spew scripture everywhere but their very hearts were far away from God - their outsides were clean but their insides were filthy. undecided

4. Again, no matter what your "standing in faith" status, so long as Jesus Christ is your goal and His Heaven is your end goal, there is one thing and one thing only you are mandated by God, and by Jesus Christ to do, and that happens to be submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. All other ideas you may have and follow, including your chanting of verses where God has not commanded any of that of you, is meaningless, and worse, it is of the kind that deceives you away from following the Truth of God, just as Jesus Christ warned from over 2000 years ago - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. Jesus Christ condemned such doctrines and traditions of men as lies and warned that they render your worship of God invalid and nullify the very power of God in your lives when you follow them using His name. undecided
Re: all settled by Chaos14: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2022
gaby:

Naaa...nothing do you.
This one too de read ola rotimi
Re: all settled by Mercury12(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2022
realone12:
Don't worry.
Your father had already gave you power to trample upon snakes and scorpions . use it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Psalm 23 Or Matt 7v7, Which Do You Prefer And Why? / January 2008 Bible Quiz Winner! / ECKANKAR; What It Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.