Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? (667 Views)

What Skill Do I Need To Be A Database Administrator / Not A Database / How To Display Record From A Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by atort: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hello,

SQL is a good foundation for data science, backend development, and data engineering, highly recommended if you are just starting out in tech.

What's more ?

SQL is easy to learn. We have a 1hour intro session for folks looking to get started into SQL (database)

Time: 11am WAT
Date: October 22nd, 2022

Bonus: If you are a business or own a business you might stand a chance of getting your data analysed for free.

Comment for details on reg.
Re: How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by DanielLee12: 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2022
If you have any doubts, you should know one thing that learning SQL is worthwhile. With many things, there are various career opportunities ahead of you. Therefore, now let’s jump to the topic and plan your entire learning path.

Just keep in mind that it is good to separate the learning content into smaller parts and kind of adjust the level of difficulty to your abilities. This is exactly what online courses provide you.

Step 1. Get to Know the SQL Syntax
Step 2. Take an Online Course
Step 3. Practice a Lot
Step 4. More Reading Doesn't Hurt

1 Like

Re: How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by atort: 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
Yea, learning SQL is really worthwhile and can open up many doors in backend development, data engineering etc. I also recommend taking online courses for personal development.

We have an intro session on October 22nd (online) into SQL, it's absolute free to attend.

DanielLee12:
If you have any doubts, you should know one thing that learning SQL is worthwhile. With many things, there are various career opportunities ahead of you. Therefore, now let’s jump to the topic and plan your entire learning path.

Just keep in mind that it is good to separate the learning content into smaller parts and kind of adjust the level of difficulty to your abilities. This is exactly what online courses provide you.

Step 1. Get to Know the SQL Syntax
Step 2. Take an Online Course
Step 3. Practice a Lot
Step 4. More Reading Doesn't Hurt

Re: How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by Zabiboy: 8:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
atort:
Yea, learning SQL is really worthwhile and can open up many doors in backend development, data engineering etc. I also recommend taking online courses for personal development.
Not saying SQL is bad tho cos i learned it, But for backend development, NoSQL databases Like MongoDB, Firebase is common and preferred
Re: How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by bright2003: 10:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
I need details on registration. Contact me zero9162520744

1 Like

Re: How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by atort: 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
yea, just that SQL is foundational before diving into NoSQL.

Zabiboy:

Not saying SQL is bad tho cos i learned it, But for backend development, NoSQL databases Like MongoDB, Firebase is common and preferred
Re: How To Learn SQL & What Is A Database? by atort: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2022
Okay!

bright2003:
I need details on registration. Contact me zero9162520744

(1) (Reply)

Flutter Guides For Beginners / I Need a Frontend Mentor / I Need Help Using Notepad++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.