Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (593 Views)

/ / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by akwesenana: 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: by mariahAngel(f): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
How sad.
Whenever she curses you, denounce it immediately.
Like, if she says you're crazy, simply reply that you're not crazy.

1 Like

Re: by MufasaLion: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Curses don't have any efficiency.

2 Likes

Re: by Oluneutral: 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
Whether efficient or not, it's not something I'll love to experience.

1 Like

Re: by Oluneutral: 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
From another angle, what's your mother's joy in cursing her children and seeing the negative effects of the curses on them, and yet, still continues.
What kind of a mother enjoys the pleasure of seeing her children wretched and useless.

Wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: by Oluneutral: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
The efficiency of parental curses is much more on the parent, because he who professes evil will have evils come on him in manifolds.

2 Likes

Re: by ibechris(m): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
A woman that wants to enjoy her old age is busy destroying the very blessing that God gave her. My parents never cursed any of us.

Whether efficient or inefficient curse isn't good especially from parents.

Take it or leave,ur mum isn't a good woman. Her curses may have damaged u guys both emotionally and psychologically.

If na me,I for don dis-mum her tey tey...

May God bless u and may u also be a blessing to ur children and pls,do not tow her path.

1 Like

Re: by akwesenana: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
ibechris:
A woman that wants to enjoy her old age is busy destroying the very blessing that God gave her. My parents never cursed any of us.

Whether efficient or inefficient curse isn't good especially from parents.

Take it or leave,ur mum isn't a good woman. Her curses may have damaged u guys both emotionally and psychologically.

If na me,I for don dis-mum her tey tey...

May God bless u and may u also be a blessing to ur children and pls,do not tow her path.

1 Like

Re: by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
akwesenana:
It has been often said that if your Mother curses you, it will surely work.

Well, today I didn't wake up early to sweep the compound and my mother swept it(I believe she did so in order to find what to use and talk).

After that, she launched into a prolonged ululation about how useless I am and capped it off by saying "I'm already a failure".

Normally I wouldn't take this serious but this woman us fond of cursing her children at the slightest provocation and it seems to have effect one way or the other.

My eldest brother, I haven't set eyes on him in over 10 years and I don't have any idea of his whereabouts. Funny enough, it is his notes on HTML, CSS and JavaScript that I'm using to study now.

My second brother was on a path of uselessness but is now in a Polytechnic.

My sister finished at Unical over 2 years but is yet to receive her certificate because of a carryover. She left because she couldn't stand my mothers attitude.

Then there's me. I left home at 17 because I couldn't stand the curses and abuses then.
It was a wrong choice by me no doubt but it seems coming back home was the worst.

Not to talk of my late dad. Despite the fact that he trained her and seniored her with over 15 years, she would never hold her rain of curses on him even in front of we the children.

embarassedundecided

there is nothinf like cursing from a mother its cultural and traditional thing that is put in our minds as we grow up and we start to believe in especially in our own failers

The curse things ( lowers your confidence and we endup using as failer to success)

why is that mother are at good and cursing but not blessings

Mothers can not curse or bless the reason they use the worse curse is for you to fall in line usually out of good reason you be a better person

Out of all people a mother is the 1st person you trust in life, hence we are forced to obey them regardless of their individual devil ways
Re: by akwesenana: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

there is nothinf like cursing from a mother its cultural and traditional thing that is put in our minds as we grow up and we start to believe in especially in our own failers

The curse things ( lowers your confidence and we endup using as failer to success)

why is that mother are at good and cursing but not blessings

Mothers can not curse or bless the reason they use the worse curse is for you to fall in line usually out of good reason you be a better person

Out of all people a mother is the 1st person you trust in life, hence we are forced to obey them regardless of their individual devil ways
Not me though. smiley
Re: by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
akwesenana:

Not me though. smiley

what i mean is this, naturally a mother is primary carer, she gives you food warmth etc, by time you start to grow up and reason thats when you loose the truth

But naturally u trust and follow her words and the moment you dont follow whats she
says whether good or bad thats when she also start say i curse this and that

this has physcological effect on you

becoz society and beliefs taught you that mothers can curse you start to associate failer with curse

The word curse builds "less confidence in making decisions and self value"

Then the word blessing builds confidence and self esteem
Re: by akwesenana: 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

what i mean is this, naturally a mother is primary carer, she gives you food warmth etc, by time you start to grow up and reason thats when you loose the truth

But naturally u trust and follow her words and the moment you dont follow whats she
says whether good or bad thats when she also start say i curse this and that
Oh. Okay

this has physcological effect on you
Re: by RepoMan007: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Just keep praying for her and be watchful of your spiritual life.
Re: by frozen70(f): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
akwesenana:
It has been often said that if your Mother curses you, it will surely work.

Well, today I didn't wake up early to sweep the compound and my mother swept it(I believe she did so in order to find what to use and talk).

After that, she launched into a prolonged ululation about how useless I am and capped it off by saying "I'm already a failure".

Normally I wouldn't take this serious but this woman us fond of cursing her children at the slightest provocation and it seems to have effect one way or the other.

My eldest brother, I haven't set eyes on him in over 10 years and I don't have any idea of his whereabouts. Funny enough, it is his notes on HTML, CSS and JavaScript that I'm using to study now.

My second brother was on a path of uselessness but is now in a Polytechnic.

My sister finished at Unical over 2 years but is yet to receive her certificate because of a carryover. She left because she couldn't stand my mothers attitude.

Then there's me. I left home at 17 because I couldn't stand the curses and abuses then.
It was a wrong choice by me no doubt but it seems coming back home was the worst.

Not to talk of my late dad. Despite the fact that he trained her and seniored her with over 15 years, she would never hold her rain of curses on him even in front of we the children.

embarassedundecided

You guys need to stay away from her till she will be to see you

Which mother curses her children is that not witch craft

Hee mates are talking bullets to save their children, She is laying curses on them

That means she may not be well after all

You too find your level and start planning how not to go to her all the time
Re: by favourite787899: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
I jumped on your post because your story is not far from mine. I married at age 19 probably because God didn't want me to end up on the street. My father was a thorn in our flesh while my mum was forming good wife. At every slight provocation he will carry his bible and lay curses on his supposed children, he will beat you like a criminal. My mum was the one providing for us, I was doing my National Diploma then. There is no kind of curses I have not heard in this world ooo. I was frustrated I wanted to leave the house at all cost. As am typing this if you enter his room he write the day anyone offends him on his wall. At age 14 to 19, I was already soaking my pillow with tears, while my mum struggle to hid her tears.

He will tell me that I will never graduate in this life.
That my certificate will be useless to me.
No man will ever marry me.

Its been almost 10 years of marriage and my husband has never for once called my parent to report any kind of issue we have been living peacefully but even in my absence this man still lays curses on me. He says I will be disgraced out of marriage. Its seems like his ears are widely open to hear evil about his children.

Same thing he dose to every other person in the family. My father doesn't speak to his mum or his brothers.

My brother just left for service and he has vowed never to set his feet home again same as my sister its been three years since she left home. As for me its been five years since I visited home and am not ready to go there I can't stand him. The house bring back bad memories.

Our last born is the only person left and the situation is still the same last time he told her that she will never bear children in her life.

At first I felt like maybe I was not his biological child and they were hiding something from me. But he does same even to our last born who looks exactly like him.

When I see the way my husband loves and adores his children I so much feel fulfilled because I never tasted anything called love while growing up. I use to think that I was naturally a quiet person while growing up not knowing I had lost my confidence and self esteem.
Re: by Angrygoat: 8:51am On Oct 19, 2022
Na yoruba do am pass
Re: by fineboynl(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2022
That is witchcraft. They are possess. Everyone you see on the street carries different spirit with them around. Some people are not really humans and it’s worst here with black Africans and that why Africa is a mess till today. The churches in Nigeria are really doing a lot to brake people out from poverty and bondage. It’s a curse and the curse is using her to destroy it

(1) (Reply)

SOLD / If I Lost My Job, Then My Home. Do I Have Any Claim To Her Inheritance? / I’m Fed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.