Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Questions For Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Questions For Programmers (325 Views)

Vacancies For Programmers, Coders And Developers / Please Note Only For Programmers.. / For Programmers In Universities: How Are You Exploiting The ASUU Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Programmers by Savagr(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2022
Hello programmers in the house,
For someone who isn't confident yet to take up a remote job and owing to lack of funds and lots of bills to pay.
I decided to take up an offline freelance. I mean, advertising my skills to people around me
But then I'm getting stressed out by this factors:
Being underpriced, Over farmiliarity and alot of things so I decided to leave people I know.
But then how then do I market my skills without using all these freelance platforms
Re: Questions For Programmers by emetisuccess(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
My friend start with that underprice to learn more while building for them. U are doing urself more harm for not accepting them. I started with underpriced projects, that's how all developers started. Some even build projects for free to their clients. So bru, leave that stuff and get those underpriced projects.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Programmers by ovanda(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
emetisuccess:
My friend start with that underprice to learn more while building for them. U are doing urself more harm for not accepting them. I started with underpriced projects, that's how all developers started. Some even build projects for free to their clients. So bru, leave that stuff and get those underpriced projects.

You are so on point. I am a java web developer looking for paid or even Free internship to sharpen my skills, i no find.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Questions For Programmers by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
What's the meaning of not confident. Do you mean if you get a remote job you won't take it or what? Finding a job in tech especially at entry level isnt easy honestly. It's not uncommon to apply to 300, 400, 500 and above jobs to get one job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For Programmers by excanny: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2022
Savagr:
Hello programmers in the house,
For someone who isn't confident yet to take up a remote job and owing to lack of funds and lots of bills to pay.
I decided to take up an offline freelance. I mean, advertising my skills to people around me
But then I'm getting stressed out by this factors:
Being underpriced, Over farmiliarity and alot of things so I decided to leave people I know.
But then how then do I market my skills without using all these freelance platforms

Those underpriced jobs are what you can use to build your confidence.

Then u can also apply to small companies that good developers don’t want to work(I get on average 5-7 of such companies on a monthly basis that still beg me to work for them, but I’m past their level and I do reject them). These ones can solve your finances while you gain confidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Detailed Approach To Save Multiple Gmail Emails As Pdfs / Noun Transcript Processing / AI Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.