Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Please, I Need Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please, I Need Help (410 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need Help by prinxwizard(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2022
This might appear like an epistle but please I need advice from people that have experienced this before.
I buy and sell bitcoins via paxful and sometime in September a particular amount was removed from my available balance and placed in the ledger balance only (I didn't bother to go to the bank because the bank is far from where I was and the money wasn't a big one).
Then came another one in October, another amount was removed from my available balance too, and joined the first one in the ledger balance. I got infuriated at this point and went to the bank the next day. The customer care people wasted all the time in the world and finally, I was told the monies were placed on hold because someone reported the transaction as unauthorized. I was asked to write a letter requesting to get a full explanation of what happened and for my money to be released. I wrote the letter immediately and it was stamped and mailed to their head office.
A day after my account got placed on PostNoDebit.
I contacted my account officer the next day and he advised me to forget about the customer care people and go straight to any branch manager. I took the advice and met with a branch manager. He sent a query and informed me that there was another fraudulent transaction in my account. (Everything now runs in a total of 107k). I called my account officer again and explained to him the source of the money and he advised me to forfeit the whole money since they were bitcoin transactions. I also explained to the branch manager and he said I should write an explanation of all that transpired.
Now, my question is should I write it as a bitcoin-related transaction (because that's the only way I can provide proof when asked to do so)?
Or should I use something else or probably forget the monies and start up again (I don't have much on me now)
NOTE: The account is my NYSC account and I'm yet to pass out ��
Re: Please, I Need Help by budaatum: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2022
I think your bank is trying to scam you, though that's if you truly haven't been scamming.

If it's your money you'd fight to get it back, but if not I guess you'd forfeit.
Re: Please, I Need Help by prinxwizard(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2022
budaatum:
I think your bank is trying to scam you, though that's if you truly haven't been scamming.

If it's your money you'd fight to get it back, but if not I guess you'd forfeit.
Thank you for taking the time to read through.
I scammed no one. I'm asking based on the issue of banks closing accounts used for crypto trading. I'm not so sure how that works as I don't want to lose my alawee account because I still have some months to go.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Proven Ways To Get The Best Out Of Your Signage And Outdoor Advertising / Best Affiliate Networks For Bloggers / Freedom As A Child,what About Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.