Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,655 members, 7,865,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Breaking!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!!! (395 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! by uchizzy4life(m): 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2022
Sen Dr Victor Umeh inaugurates anambra senatorial campaign council and promise to defend Igbo interest if elected.

......Appoints Hon Chukwudi Okeke ( Ichie Ikpoaku na Ukpo) DG and Barr Ekemezie Obidigwe ( Ekujekuje) as Secretary.

By Ndife David - Awka

The Labour Party Candidate for Anambra Central Senatorial Zone, Sen. Victor Umeh, in his Senatorial Campaign Office at Udoka Estate, Awka, yesterday, inaugurated his Campaign Council made up of seventy five members which included the LG coordinators, Women coordinators, Youth coordinators, Special advisers etc .

To lead the campaign is, Ichie Chukwudi Okeke (Ichie Ikpoaku n'ukpo), a successful business man who was an elected LG chairman for Dunukofia and a House of Representative Aspirant for 2023 General Election.

Sen Dr Victor Umeh, thanked them for honouring his call to serve and accepting to work with him. For anyone who found his name in the Team is someone he knows his capacity and what he can offer.

He, asked the Campaign Council to also campaign for the three House of Reps Candidates of Labour Party in the Central(Prof Lilian Orogbu for Awka North and South; Hons. George Ozodinobi for Dunukofia, Anaocha and Njikoka and Uche Annie-Okonkwo for Idemili North and South Federal Constituencies) whom he will be going to Abuja with.

He, charged them to educate the electorates on the need to vote Labour Party. Because, according to him, if you only vote for Obi without voting for other LP candidates, you have brought Obi down because, the presidential and National Assembly election will be held same day and any Constituency LP wins will be marked for LP not the candidate but if other political parties win it, it will be a loss to Obi.

Speaking further, he said, there's nothing I'm going to the Senate to do for myself personally but to perform the task which I started in my seventeen months stay at the Red Chamber which I see as a big opportunity to serve. I have fought for the promotion of democracy and rule of law in Nigeria over the years as an APGA National Chairman and as an Igbo activist just as we have human right activists. And, I can tell the history of Nigeria and being someone who worked closely with Late Emeka Ojukwu.

He, reasoned that, you can't represent a people you don't know the challenges facing them except you are equipped with their challenges for the cardinal reason for being a lawmaker according to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, is to make laws for the good governance of the country and to do oversight functions which I functioned effectively in my seventeen months at the Red Chamber and in addition, attracted sixty eight projects in Anambra Central and fifty eight were completed.

#Ndlifestudios

1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
Please tell the dude not to waste his resources!

APGA already has Anambra on Lockdown.

And even if they will be voting the political minion called Obi at the presidential level, it does not imply they will accept LP at the state level!

Why we keep telling Obidient hogs that LP does not have a structure in the whole state of Nigeria. Every state has a political structure and major opposition. LP does not fall as a opposition in the whole of Nigeria, so how do you expect to become a President!

Those deceiving Obi need to be killed, and Obi himself jailed for being so foolish to believe the impossibilities he is being encouraged to do.
Re: Breaking!!! by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
Victor Umeh is poised to win this..
Iyom (Uche Ekwunife) and the APGA candidate should try again in 2027.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nland Moderators So Biased Like This? / We Only Have Two Tribes In Nigeria - The POOR And The RICH / Sen Ifeanyi Ubah Celebrates His Eminence Cardinal Francis Arinze At 90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.