Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,828 members, 7,837,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? (626 Views)

Why Does Peter Obi Link With The CIA Scaring Tinubu And FFK / With This Campaign Council, Does Peter Obi Even Stand A Chance In The North? / Flashback: Peter Obi Hate Speech- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 12:29am On Nov 15, 2022
Why does this man hate infrastructural development?

I've heard his own colleagues and ex governors saying the man ''hates infrastructure''.

Now of course, I know he talks about stressing 'human development' over infrastructure.

But bro, that sounds good on paper, but if you build the best hospital and school in some place, but there's no motorable road to reach there, who did you build it for?

Ghosts?

HOW DO YOU REDUCE THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS, which is what leads to prosperity, when you frown on multi-billion dollar railway projects that are guaranteed to ease transport of goods and services and reduce cost of doing business?

Frown on airport projects that will draw in investors?

Flyovers that are being built everywhere do not constitute ''consumption'', as you would put it.

They are there to help reduce travel time, which increases business productivity.

So you cannot separate infrastructural development from human development.

The two go hand in hand.

It is not 'either/or'.

I keep hearing that the man favours ''saving money'' over spending it.

I don't agree with 'saving money' when people are hungry on the street and need development. If you don't know what to do with the money, take a seat somewhere please, let those who have ideas run for office.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by ScamHunter: 12:33am On Nov 15, 2022
He is a man that has understanding. Building infrastructure without building the people's capacity is a waste of time. For instance, building hospitals without skilled doctors is a waste. In fact, build the people and they'll build the nation. That's the difference between Africa and far east, near east and Southeast Asia. Japan, the United States and Europe became what they are today by building the capacity of their citizens. African countries that lack good leaders are fixated on building fake infrastructure that empower outsiders more than Africans. Have you asked yourself why a country that produces oil has no functional refinery? Have you asked yourself why billions of dollars have been spent on Ajaokuta but it's still not functional? Have you asked yourself why the best African leaders are those that focused on building the people, yet they are the ones that the West oppose most? A man like Thomas Sankara? What develops a nation is people not fake borrowed knowledge. You see those railways Jonathan built? Give it 20 years and it'll decay like the refineries because it would always require outsiders to manage. The day the money to pay the manufacturer exhausts, it'll crumble. That's why if you move all the humans in Nigeria to America and move the Americans here, this place would become like America while America becomes another unsafe, bandit infested country with backward people. So Obi is right. He is a man that builds infrastructure without neglecting the more important human capital development without which infrastructure is nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Bontafa: 12:34am On Nov 15, 2022
Asiwaju Infrastructure na poppy field to make cocaine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Lionnation: 12:38am On Nov 15, 2022
Han capital development is first before infrastructural development, human capital is infrastructural development that would be run aground by the people you fail to develop

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 12:39am On Nov 15, 2022
ScamHunter:
He is a man that has understanding. Building infrastructure without building the people's capacity is a waste of time.

And when you build up their ''capacity'' they will enter potopoto road for you. And then you will splash them with your Jeep. Oloshi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 12:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Maybe Obi is using style to cover himself before coming to siphon funds.

If you ask him as president what he did with the money he will cite UN Human Development Index for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by PlayerMeji: 12:46am On Nov 15, 2022
Urchins are finding it hard to sleep since Soludo exposed their grandmaster Obi and his fraudulence.

They are digging and unearthing all the dirts they can get just to throw at Tinubu or invalidate Soludo...

What a life!

Living a fool's paradise is not easy... Their cookie is crumbling without any end in sight!

Soludo dealt Obi a brutal uppercut! Urchins have not recovered

BAT2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by PraizHim: 12:51am On Nov 15, 2022
PO 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by ScamHunter: 12:53am On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

And when you build up their ''capacity'' they will enter potopoto road for you. And then you will splash them with your Jeep. Oloshi.

If you're not well trained, you won't be able ro train your own children well. You don't need to insult me. I know your parents did a bad job raising you just as you'll do a terrible job on your own children. Imagine building infrastructure for someone debased like you. What you need is building up to first become a decent human being.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by PraizHim: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2022
Jagaban na cocaine infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by AfonjaEmir: 12:56am On Nov 15, 2022
Agbado miscreant..is trying to tell us that Peter Obi , should build bridges, so that they can go to eat and shyt under the bridges??

Na wah for these Osun based zombies.

Did Tinubu develop irabiji in osun?

Why is Tinubu closely related to the drug burnt in Lagos?

Agabdo miscreants, are perpetually underfed mentally. That is why they exhibit foolishness of generational magnitude.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

[s]Why does this man hate infrastructural development?

I've heard his own colleagues and ex governors saying the man ''hates infrastructure''.

Now of course, I know he talks about stressing 'human development' over infrastructure.

But bro, that sounds good on paper, but if you build the best hospital and school in some place, but there's no motorable road to reach there, who did you build it for?

Ghosts?

HOW DO YOU REDUCE THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS, which is what leads to prosperity, when you frown on multi-billion dollar railway projects that are guaranteed to ease transport of goods and services and reduce cost of doing business?

Flyovers that are being built everywhere do not constitute ''consumption'', as you would put it.

They are there to help reduce travel time, which increases business productivity.

The two go hand in hand.

It is not 'either/or'.

I don't agree with 'saving money' when people are hungry on the street and need development. If you don't know what to do with the money, take a seat somewhere please, let those who have ideas run for office.

Thank you.[/s]

A little googling will provide you with the myriads of infrastructural projects he executed from start to completion while serving as a state governor.

Cheers.
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by falcon01: 1:25am On Nov 15, 2022
You guys will start having Intelligent Conversations then one idiot will start talking rubbish then the whole thread becomes insults and stupidity.
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 1:26am On Nov 15, 2022
ScamHunter:
He is a man that has understanding. Building infrastructure without building the people's capacity is a waste of time. For instance, building hospitals without skilled doctors is a waste.

Nigeria does not lack skilled doctors. Your analogy is baseless.

In fact, build the people and they'll build the nation. That's the difference between Africa and far east, near east and Southeast Asia. Japan, the United States and Europe became what they are today by building the capacity of their citizens. African countries that lack good leaders are fixated on building fake infrastructure that empower outsiders more than Africans.

The United States became the world's largest economy by investing heavily in its railroads, which drastically cut the cost of doing business in the country, starting from the 1870s. Europe and Asia simultaneously built infrastructure while investing in human development. They didn't just build schools and hospitals without building roads, rail, airports and bridges.

Have you asked yourself why a country that produces oil has no functional refinery?

The Dangote refinery, which has the capacity to refine all Nigeria's oil for domestic consumption is virtually onstream, so your point is redundant.

Have you asked yourself why billions of dollars have been spent on Ajaokuta but it's still not functional?

So, because Ajaokuta is not functioning, we should not build infrastructure?

Another baseless point.

Have you asked yourself why the best African leaders are those that focused on building the people, yet they are the ones that the West oppose most? A man like Thomas Sankara? What develops a nation is people not fake borrowed knowledge. You see those railways Jonathan built? Give it 20 years and it'll decay like the refineries because it would always require outsiders to manage.

AS WE SPEAK, Nigeria is building a massive railway manufacturing plant in Kajola, Ogun state, that will employ 5,000 Nigerians on completion, and that will build and maintain trains right here in Nigeria, by Nigerians.

You need to keep up with the news.

That's why if you move all the humans in Nigeria to America and move the Americans here, this place would become like America while America becomes another unsafe, bandit infested country with backward people.

Err, no this place cannot become like America even if Americans moved here because they would have to invade 195 countries, kill millions of people local and foreign, and enslave millions more for several centuries, exploiting their free labour, for NIGERIA TO BE LIKE AMERICA, BECAUSE THAT WAS WHAT AMERICA DID TO BE WHAT IT IS TODAY.

GET IT?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by mrvitalis(m): 3:53am On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

Ghosts?

The two go hand in hand.

It is not 'either/or'.

Thank you.

Yet the Scandinavian countries that are models for the world to follow all save money ...all have trillions in savings and investment that they can't touch

But someone who knows nothing think it's useless

I remember when obi and osibanjo had this debate in 2019 ...has obi not been proven right ? ...if the people are sufficiently developed even the private sector would help provide the infrastructures
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Afamed: 4:11am On Nov 15, 2022
PraizHim:
PO 2023

This is the kind of lie you sell to the public. When did Iyi Enu Mission Hospital become Obi Project?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 7:36am On Nov 15, 2022
mrvitalis:

Yet the Scandinavian countries that are models for the world to follow all save money ...all have trillions in savings and investment that they can't touch

But someone who knows nothing think it's useless

The Scandinavian countries can afford to save money, because they've largely eradicated poverty and underdevelopment.

I remember when obi and osibanjo had this debate in 2019 ...has obi not been proven right ? ...if the people are sufficiently developed even the private sector would help provide the infrastructures

You reason like a very thoughtless person. Oh, so we ''develop the capacity'' of people, and then HOPE that the private sector builds infrastructure, after we have ''developed the capacity'' of the people, whatever the fck that means.

Do you even know what infrastructure means to be talking about the private sector ''providing'' it and 'hoping' that they do?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:39am On Nov 15, 2022
AfonjaEmir:
Agbado miscreant..is trying to tell us that Peter Obi , should build bridges, so that they can go to the eat and shyt under the bridges??

Na wah for these Osun based zombies.

Did Tinubu develop irabiji in osun?

Why is Tinubu closely related to the drug burt in Lagos?

Agabdo miscreants, are perpetually underfed mentally. That is why they exhibit foolishness of generational magnitude.
Social Mobs does not have head nor sense for reasoning

Prof Chukwuma Soludo

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 7:43am On Nov 15, 2022
ScamHunter:

If you're not well trained, you won't be able ro train your own children well. You don't need to insult me. I know your parents did a bad job raising you just as you'll do a terrible job on your own children. Imagine building infrastructure for someone debased like you. What you need is building up to first become a decent human being.

You are a scammer and a thief.

NO, the incoming president will not be a person who refuses to build the country's infrastructure, while talking empty, unquantifiable rubbish about ''building human capacity'' as an excuse to siphon away money meant for capital projects.

Never gonna happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by naijapips04: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:
Maybe Obi is using style to cover himself before coming to siphon funds.

If you ask him as president what he did with the money he will cite UN Human Development Index for you.

grin He will cite MDG like literally. That dude is a clown.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by Napata77: 7:53am On Nov 15, 2022
naijapips04:

grin He will cite MDG like literally. That dude is a clown.

Honestly bro. I'm sure he's already cramming UN statistics that he will be quoting to confuse everyone after he has finished chopping our money!

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by mrvitalis(m): 8:13am On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

The Scandinavian countries can afford to save money, because they've largely eradicated poverty and underdevelopment.

You reason like a very thoughtless person. Oh, so we ''develop the capacity'' of people, and then HOPE that the private sector builds infrastructure, after we have ''developed the capacity'' of the people, whatever the fck that means.

Do you even know what infrastructure means to be talking about the private sector ''providing'' it and 'hoping' that they do?

They started saving before eradicating poverty ...Infact savings helped them eradicate poverty
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by PraizHim: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
Afamed:

This is the kind of lie you sell to the public. When did Iyi Enu Mission Hospital become Obi Project?

Taa shut that your gutter called mouth.
I was born in Iyi Enu hospital 41 years ago, its in my Local goverment and the neighbouring town. I will tell you the story/ history of Iyi Enu till date and the Magic Obi did there. Owned by mission, revamped, expanded and upgraded by Peter Obi.

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by XerXers: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

Ghosts?

The two go hand in hand.

It is not 'either/or'.

Thank you.

Peter Obi built best network of rural roads.
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by XerXers: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

How is Kaduna Abuja railway faring? Mr infrastructure
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by XerXers: 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
Napata77:

Nigeria does not lack skilled doctors. Your analogy is baseless.

The United States became the world's largest economy by investing heavily in its railroads, which drastically cut the cost of doing business in the country, starting from the 1870s. Europe and Asia simultaneously built infrastructure while investing in human development. They didn't just build schools and hospitals without building roads, rail, airports and bridges.

The Dangote refinery, which has the capacity to refine all Nigeria's oil for domestic consumption is virtually onstream, so your point is redundant.

So, because Ajaokuta is not functioning, we should not build infrastructure?

Another baseless point.

AS WE SPEAK, Nigeria is building a massive railway manufacturing plant in Kajola, Ogun state, that will employ 5,000 Nigerians on completion, and that will build and maintain trains right here in Nigeria, by Nigerians.

You need to keep up with the news.

Err, no this place cannot become like America even if Americans moved here because they would have to invade 195 countries, kill millions of people local and foreign, and enslave millions more for several centuries, exploiting their free labour, for NIGERIA TO BE LIKE AMERICA, BECAUSE THAT WAS WHAT AMERICA DID TO BE WHAT IT IS TODAY.

GET IT?
Go and read the confession of economic Hitman and see how imperialist push African into needless "infrastructure" to take their loans and get contract for their companies. There you will see the artificial "development" in Africa. Yorubas are known to lack native intelligence
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by 9jatriot(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2022
How on earth can it be a waste? UK and Saudi Arabia with infrastructure took advantage of their infrastructure to come and raid Nigeria with less infrastructure of Doctors and yet you dare to call infrastructure a waste
ScamHunter:
He is a man that has understanding. Building infrastructure without building the people's capacity is a waste of time. For instance, building hospitals without skilled doctors is a waste.....

1 Like

Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by XerXers: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2022
9jatriot:
How on earth can it be a waste? UK and Saudi Arabia with infrastructure took advantage of their infrastructure to come and raid Nigeria with less infrastructure of Doctors and yet you dare to call infrastructure a waste
As oil continue to lose value you will understand better. These "infrastructure" will collapse and those with human resource will take over. See how Nigerian airways collapsed and Airpeace emerged?
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by 9jatriot(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
I am not sure you understand what I implied. UK and SA invading our doctors means that we at least had an advantage in terms of human development which PO is advocating for, but what happened to the developed humans when the chance came? They are running away to countries with infrastructure.
Even you will run away to Canada, UK, US and other developed countries to go and enjoy their infrastructures. Like the OP said, the 2 must go together, you cannot claim to do human development and say you will not do infrastructure. Even the facility to do the human development has to be done inside an infrastructure.

The 2 must go together, if one has to be higher then it has to be infrastructure because you can easily employ specialist from other areas like Saudi and UK have shown but you cannot lift up a infrastructure from one country by fiat to develop your own.
XerXers:

As oil continue to lose value you will understand better. These "infrastructure" will collapse and those with human resource will take over. See how Nigerian airways collapsed and Airpeace emerged?
Re: Why Does Peter Obi Hate Infrastructural Development? by XerXers: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
9jatriot:
I am not sure you understand what I implied. UK and SA invading our doctors means that we at least had an advantage in terms of human development which PO is advocating for, but what happened to the developed humans when the chance came? They are running away to countries with infrastructure.
Even you will run away to Canada, UK, US and other developed countries to go and enjoy their infrastructures. Like the OP said, the 2 must go together, you cannot claim to do human development and say you will not do infrastructure. Even the facility to do the human development has to be done inside an infrastructure.

The 2 must go together, if one has to be higher then it has to be infrastructure because you can easily employ specialist from other areas like Saudi and UK have shown but you cannot lift up a infrastructure from one country by fiat to develop your own.
If your infrastructure has no local content it's complete nonsense, any phool can borrow and pay Oyibo to build one or two things and take kickback

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wishes Atiku HBD / Bola Ahmed Tinubu: I Tamed Atlantic Ocean From Wiping Out Lagos State Residents / Breaking: Your Can't Dellver Your State To Any Party Unless You Want Rig Electio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.