Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Etiquette - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Etiquette (421 Views)

Instagram Slay Queen Failed Eating Etiquette / Etiquette Inspired / A Little Table Etiquette.... Which Of These Are You Guilty Of? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etiquette by Goldenbliss1(f): 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2022
Hello Nairalanders!

Hoping to hear a candy Truth from the foodies In the house.

I entertained a visitor yesterday, and noticed that there was a little food remaining on the plate, which I ended up throwing away, same thing happened this morning.

Back then at secondary school, my classmates then would argue about how unethical it would be to finish a food been serve.

Please what do you guys think about these?
Re: Etiquette by harmargedon: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
Em be gentleman, em chop small, em say em bellefull!!! Me I know be gentle man like datttt!!! In the voice of FELA.

1 Like

Re: Etiquette by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
The only etiquette of the table /manners I know are
Wash your hands before you eat
Don not talk with your mouth full
Take a little at a time
Be kind enough to pass items on the table to the person sitting next to you and no smacking of the mouth while chewing. Apart from these ones nothing else.

Finishing up your food is not part of the list, so where una come see that one again.? Over do.

2 Likes

Re: Etiquette by Goldenbliss1(f): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
harmargedon:
Em be gentleman, em chop small, em say em bellefull!!! Me I know be gentle man like datttt!!! In the voice of FELA.

Thanks for the response! Actually! What made me to ask such question was that I visited a friend for the very first time in my life and I was served.

And I was like, would it be proper to finish everything or leave a little on the plate.
Re: Etiquette by Goldenbliss1(f): 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
The only etiquette of the table /manners I know are
Wash your hands before you eat
Don not talk with your mouth full
Take a little at a time
Be kind enough to pass items on the table to the person sitting next to you and no smacking of the mouth while chewing. Apart from these ones nothing else.

Finishing up your food is not part of the list, so where una come see that one again.? Over do.

Thanks for the response! Well the rumour I heard was that eating up your food show's that you are stingy, apart from that have watched several movies where such, happens especially at the restaurant.
Re: Etiquette by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
Goldenbliss1:

Thanks for the response! Well the rumour I heard was that eating up your food show's that you are stingy, apart from that have watched several movies where such, happens especially at the restaurant.
you're welcome.

It depends on how Free you are with the person. Some would expect you to finish it up so it doesn't go to waste, while some would see you as a hungry lion if you finish it up. However, whichever you choose to do is fine as long as you don't ask for more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Two Eggs And Do Sharp Breakfast / The best option for your kitchen is now on sale at Unbeatable Price / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.