Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack (16447 Views)

Thugs Attack Atiku’s Supporter’s (Lee Maeba's) Residence In Rivers (Photos) / Wike Revokes Senator Lee Maeba’s Land In Port Harcourt / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by politicoNG: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
The Rivers State Government and chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Campaign Council for Rivers, Senator Lee Maeba, have expressed divergent views over the attack on his residence in Port Harcourt by gunmen.

While Maeba claimed that one of the attackers called and told him that they had instructions from either the government or some quarters to kill him, the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Chris Finebone, asked security agencies to probe the possibility of the incident being staged for political reasons.

Maeba condemned the attack on his residence on Professor Abowei Street, GRA, phase 3 in Port Harcourt by explaining that the assailants stormed his residence less than 30 minutes after he drove out of his compound.

Maeba, who represented the Rivers Southeast at the National Assembly, insisted that the hoodlums were after his life.

It was gathered that thugs numbering about 200 around 7am marched into the Senator’s residence, shot thrice into the air and gained access into the compound.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Those of them inside now tied the security man and started breaking the padlock of the fence from inside so that others can come in.

“I was talking to my brother, and they started destroying all the cars in Oga’s (senator’s) compound".

The windscreens and glasses of four Toyota salon cars and one SUV in the compound were damaged by the hoodlums.

Maeba said that he was in Port Harcourt to see his family and attend some events.

He said: "This morning, there was some uneasy movement along this street. Some neighbours called my attention that they saw a lot of strange faces like a build-up of thugs.

“I don't have a criminal life; my compound was empty. I am humble, I don't do thuggery. I don't participate in thuggery and I don't hire thugs. So, I said what will thugs be doing on the street? And I dismissed it.

“Then, at about 9:00am, I said let me go and see my mother-in-law. But, before then, a young man called me with a number that I don't know and told me that I have done him a favour before that I should be careful if I am at home.

“That they have instructions from some quarters to attack my house and attack me. But, I dismissed it because I don't have problems with anybody.

“I just drove out with my security personnel to see my mother-in-law. As I entered my mother-in-law's house, my phone was ringing and my nephew picked up the phone and said my house is under attack.

“They shot at the gate and forced the gate open. They climbed the second gate and tied up the security man. They entered the compound and were shouting 'where is he? Where is he? Only one bullet will solve this Atiku problem.”

He further said: “My senior brother was standing somewhere there and they descended on him. The next thing they started doing was to use the boot of their guns to destroy the cars. They got to the front door (main house), hit at the door but they couldn't succeed. So, they started retreating. You can see the destruction.

“My worry is what is my offence that people will come to my compound ? Atiku does not live here. I only work for Atiku, yes. I am an Atiku’s supporter. What has that got to do with attacking my house in a bid to kill me? This is democracy and I am a democrat.”

Rivers Commissioner of Police, Okon Effiong, said a full-scale investigation had been ordered to unravel the motive behind the incident.

But the Rivers State Government said it had seen isolated reports suggesting that some persons were purportedly being physically molested for political reasons.

The Commissioner for Information and Communications, Chris Finebone, asked security agencies to exercise the highest level of diligence, discreetness and carefulness in their work to sift the wheat from the chaff in order to arrive at a credible conclusion.

Finebone said: "It is not strange to find politicians staging high-level melodrama to either cover up their tracks or muddle up the waters to achieve a preconceived narrative aimed at hoodwinking the public for political reasons, especially at a time like this.

"Today, a report by former Senator Lee Maeba surfaced on social media that he got a call from a young man. And the caller purportedly, in his own words said, 'that they have instructions from either government or some quarters to attack my house.

"This makes it obvious that Senator Maeba should help security agencies in unraveling the purported attack on his house and those behind it. It is not enough to blame such an attack on ‘either government or some quarters.’ He should try and remember exactly whom the caller said sent him (the caller).

"The Rivers State Government, working with security agencies, will continue to render all possible assistance for security agencies to ensure safety of life and property in Rivers State at all times".

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid05a1LKxkayEbka3GjDpHnoHxQitosBejX488mdkWsLhrSgPTreKUcFgzTdzRrUG91l&id=161915460542267&mibextid=Nif5oz

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7470596/thugs-attack-atikus-supporters-lee#118996452

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by God1000(m): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
This is unacceptable, political thuggery and gangstarism in Nigeria during elections is worrisome.

What is the fate of common man if they can do that to a senator

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Timatayo1: 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2022
Wike wike wike I call you three times any dog that will lost will not hear the whistle of Hunter

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Dikaveli(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
H
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by phemmyjohnson: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
Believe these politicians at your own peril

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
He should relocate to Ogun State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by MrPRevailer(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
These African Presidents were assassinated for exposing the PLandemic and W.H.O mandates

t. me/CovidRedPills/3508

https://rumble.com/v1z2ae8-bill-gates-patent-gives-him-exclusive-rights-to-computerize-the-human-body.html

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Righthussle: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
Wike my man.
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by money121(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Tonebee: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Nawa
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Dangrace01: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Buy
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by abobote: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
Wike should be calming down
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Hezzyluv: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
While Maeba claimed that one of the attackers called and told him.

Na Wetin be the SIM registration reason if them no really fit use am track criminal callers.?

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Akfrenzy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by concacid: 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
Wow!
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by chrisxxx(m): 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ogoni people like taking bullet. Magnus tool for Buhari in 2014. Lee Maeba is taking for Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by kingamaa(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
Rivers state always in the news for the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Kennyfancy(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
Action Gov Wike has been commissioning projects and one that catch my eyes is the Nigeria Police Intelligence unit , Biko stage or not there is surveillance ba, so the government should do the needful. Most importantly Gov Wike should let his followers know that he is a man of Peace , political ideology aside.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by AllTheWayUp: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
I don't have a criminal life; my compound was empty. I am humble, I don't do thuggery. I don't participate in thuggery and I don't hire thugs. So, I said what will thugs be doing on the street? And I dismissed it.
Wike the bloody ex assassin has blood on his hands

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by Naira20: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
Na lie..That house should have CCTV cameras.

Show us the clip of some of the 30 thugs.

All these politicians and drama.
That was how APC staged an attack in Ilesa.

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by ATEAMS: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
River's politics
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by EkelediliBuhari: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
200 thugs
Inside this our GRA

Lies

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by premierlead: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Let go on online opinion poll here...

Like for Peter Obi

Share for Bola Tinubu

Ignore/quote for Atiku Abubakar

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by seborrhic: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
I believe the state government version that it was staged by that clown of a former senator.
Assassins are after you and they go to your house,break one or 2 items and leave.
Aside him being a largely insignificant political entity that the state government wouldn't really care about or gain any political advantage from his elimination,he should find out from the likes of senator Ubah and apostle Suleiman what it means to be confronted by hired assassins.
The Rivers State government shouldn't have stooped that low to be responding to the allegations of an attention seeking,politically irrelevant clown.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by southsouthking(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
Rivers of Blood.
River State
Edo State
Delta State, who nor get liver nor fit stay.
Thug life.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by diadem10: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
cool
Re: Rivers Govt, Lee Maeba Bicker Over Gunmen Attack by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
While Maeba claimed that one of the attackers called and told him that they had instructions from either the government or some quarters to kill him
Security agencies should probe the possibility of the incident being staged for political reasons.
We must get to the root of this bad incident.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hoteliers Beg Aregbesola To Pay His Debts / Plateau Gov. Mutfwang Introduces Subsidized Metro Buses As Palliative Measure / Nigeria’s Agric Exports Facing Rejections Overseas – WTO DG, Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.