Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

- Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (2995 Views)

/ ££##456&#@@@#£ / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by akwesenana: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
You’re still a very small boy. Write JAMB and get into school. Right after secondary school you’d have learnt a skill or enrolled as an apprentice. I wonder why parents push their young kids to enroll at university so early. This is the right time to get into school but you have to also learn a skill while at it, it’s a jungle out here
Yeah. Hopefully in the window between JAMB and admission processes, I'll learn laptop repairs.

2 Likes

Re: by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:58am On Dec 18, 2022
akwesenana:

Yeah. Hopefully in the window between JAMB and admission processes, I'll learn laptop repairs.

Hardware repairs never goes out of fashion. Best of luck
Re: by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2022
Lorayne:

My boy.... You re an old man.

shocked
Re: by lereinter(m): 8:53am On Dec 18, 2022
akwesenana:

He's right though.
Imagine going to University to study Political Science.

Lolzzzzz

1 Like

Re: by Karleb(m): 8:55am On Dec 18, 2022
I graduated age 31.

undecided

1 Like

Re: by lereinter(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2022
akwesenana:

I dropped out.

You failed or what

Architecture is a good course, but people say it's very difficult, maybe you should try it in the Polytechnic

It has many areas to diversity
Re: by akwesenana: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2022
lereinter:

You failed or what

Architecture is a good course, but people say it's very difficult, maybe you should try it in the Polytechnic

It has many areas to diversity
Yeah. Very nice course but very stressful.
Re: by Kolopikin: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2022
Idonweak:
21 you're still a small boy.

Although I'll advise you to learn a vocational or a technical skill. Going to university in Nigeria is just s bloody waste of time to me except you get admitted to study some specific course and you're able to graduate with very good grades. I'm not trying to discourage you bro, follow your heart in whatever you do.
even though it good to learn a vocational skill, let not underestimate the importance of education. You no go the use that phone in typing this if not for education.

Education is important no matter what.

1 Like

Re: by Idonweak: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2022
Kolopikin:
even though it good to learn a vocational skill, let not underestimate the importance of education. You no go the use that phone in typing this if not for education.

Education is important no matter what.
You're right, i never said education is unimportant.

I only said going to university in Nigeria, studying some kind of course is a big waste of time. I'm talking from experience because I was also affected.

However, education is not limited to academics. Vocational and technical skills are both part of education. You can be educated without ever attending a school. There are lot of billionaire and millionaire in the world that are either college dropouts or didn't even attend a university at all and they all doing fine in their respective fields. Besides, this is the 21st century where alot of information are available to you. All you need is a smart phone, data, discipline and dedication. You can learn virtually anything without stepping foot in university. That was why i said university is a waste of time. Education will always be important. I'm always learning
Re: by Kolopikin: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2022
Idonweak:

I only said going to university in Nigeria, studying some kind of course is a big waste of time. I'm talking from experience because I was also affected.

[b]However, education is not limited to academics. Vocational and technical skills are both part of education. You can be educated without ever attending a school. There are lot of billionaire and millionaire in the world that are either college dropouts or didn't even attend a university at all and they all doing fine in their respective fields. Besides, this is the 21st century where alot of information are available to you. All you need is a smart phone, data, discipline and dedication. You can learn virtually anything without stepping foot in university. That was why i said university is a waste of time. Education will always be important. I'm always learning
[/b]I agree with you on this. But then again, there are certain things you can't learn outside the four wall of a classroom. Medicine is one. Abi I lie ? smiley

So no matter what, university would always be important. Forget Nigeria uni, Person way wan learn go learn.
Re: by Kolopikin: 10:28am On Dec 18, 2022
Idonweak:

However, education is not limited to academics. Vocational and technical skills are both part of education. You can be educated without ever attending a school. There are lot of billionaire and millionaire in the world that are either college dropouts or didn't even attend a university at all and they all doing fine in their respective fields. Besides, this is the 21st century where alot of information are available to you. All you need is a smart phone, data, discipline and dedication. You can learn virtually anything without stepping foot in university. That was why i said university is a waste of time. Education will always be important. I'm always learning
I know you're seeing this in the context of money. But Money is not everything to some people. There are jobs I would for free if I had the opportunity to study a course in such field.
Passion is the one thing that lead to success.
Re: by IwasNeverGone: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2022
akwesenana:
Hello.
I'm 21, I supposed to be graduating this year from Architecture but I couldn't finish. cry
Would you advise me to write JAMB again next year considering the fact that I'll have to wait till 2024 before anything admission?
At 21 I became 80% self-independent.

At 21 I rented my own apartment.

At 21 I moved out of my comfort zone, I changed state and became a Civil Servant.

At 23 I enrolled for programming course, I am currently learning and will get better as time goes.

At 24 I enrolled in NOUN and I am currently in my 2nd semester, brother, no late comer for life, just stay focus and pray your financial backup (family) no dry.

And try to avoid dating Nigerian girls, they will make you lose focus if care is not taken. Peace
Re: by ShenTeh(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
Bimffo:
Anything you want to do to feel fulfilled just do it, because 5 years go reach, and e go pain you sey you no write the JAMB.

This is the best advise you will ever get.

Get that JAMB form NOW. Prepare for the exams like your life depends on it and go ace it.

When you clock 35, you will remember how dumb you were at 21, but no one dares make you believe that now.
Re: by Nursepepeye(f): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2022
doggedfighter:
What do you mean by you couldn't finish ?

Any reasons ?
go and join army.
Re: by Nursepepeye(f): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
doggedfighter:
What do you mean by you couldn't finish ?

Any reasons ?
go and join army, get gun prepare for what is to come
Re: by NwaliE01: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
My brother, go to school oh, e get why. If you fail to attend now, it will be very difficult for you in the future. I went to the uni at 25 and graduated at 30. There's nothing like being too old here. Just go to the uni. No one is ever too old to learn.
Re: by DrPurple(m): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
akwesenana:

As at now, 2 sets of freshers are waiting to get admitted (due to ASUU strike.)
I wrote JAMB in 2017 and started school in 2018 (without strike). I don't know exactly when admission processes for 23/24 session will start but I'm sure it'll be nothing earlier than 2024.

It depends on the school calendar Sha.
Some school will resume the same year...
Re: by Samueltemi337(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2022
IwasNeverGone:

At 21 I became 80% self-independent.

At 21 I rented my own apartment.

At 21 I moved out of my comfort zone, I changed state and became a Civil Servant.

At 23 I enrolled for programming course, I am currently learning and will get better as time goes.

At 24 I enrolled in NOUN and I am currently in my 2nd semester, brother, no late comer for life, just stay focus and pray your financial backup (family) no dry.

And try to avoid dating Nigerian girls, they will make you lose focus if care is not taken. Peace
Is anything here an achievement

I even dey see civil servant and NOUN grin
Re: by Adedward(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
Idonweak:

Bro no think too far. I'm not planning on having kids.

And I don't believe in god undecided
himmmm Internet shaaa, different people everywhere section, who created u den, ?
Re: by Idonweak: 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
Adedward:
himmmm Internet shaaa, different people everywhere section, who created u den, ?
I was not created. I was procreated. Besides, don't bother to understand or question my beliefs, just respect as i respect yours. I'm less concerned with whatever anyone believes in.

1 Like

Re: by Adedward(m): 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
Idonweak:

I was not created. I was procreated. Besides, don't bother to understand or question my beliefs, just respect as i respect yours. I'm less concerned with whatever anyone believes in.
hmmmm, gud of u sir, it's well, OLORUN A ma bayin gbe,
Re: by Night0307: 12:30am On Dec 20, 2022
akwesenana:

Yeah. Very nice course but very stressful.

Lmao, the parallels??

Anyways. You haven’t updated your diary in a while, hope you haven’t neglected or given up on it and why’re you leaving programming for laptop repairs?
Forgive my intrusion.
Re: by akwesenana: 4:23am On Dec 20, 2022
Night0307:

Lmao, the parallels??

Anyways. You haven’t updated your diary in a while, hope you haven’t neglected or given up on it and why’re you leaving programming for laptop repairs?
Forgive my intrusion.
Lol. Not at all.
I don't see myself getting a laptop anytime soon that's why I had to stop.
I was learning with my phone though but the screen developed faults.
And I don't just have that inspiration to continue my diary. I'll try though. smiley
Re: by Night0307: 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
akwesenana:

Lol. Not at all.
I don't see myself getting a laptop anytime soon that's why I had to stop.
I was learning with my phone though but the screen developed faults.
And I don't just have that inspiration to continue my diary. I'll try though. smiley

I understand your plight, I’m also a dropout, did so earlier in the year and of your age, most people don’t seem to understand why a fellow would do so, only you would fully understand your situation.
I sat another jamb this year but due to no difference in my financial situation, I go again with another jamb next year. My advice, do it, because it’s never too late to be educated and you’ll never regret it in the future.

I also started learning programming at the beginning of the year as a backup plan and I’ll definitely do all I can to get through next year. It’s a very hard niche and horrible to get into without financial and mental support, but if you can scale through, it would be worth it.

Do forgive my long rant.

P.s- I hope you would continue your dairy whenever you get inspired to.
Re: by akwesenana: 12:07am On Dec 21, 2022
Night0307:

I understand your plight, I’m also a dropout, did so earlier in the year and of your age, most people don’t seem to understand why a fellow would do so, only you would fully understand your situation.
I sat another jamb this year but due to no difference in my financial situation, I go again with another jamb next year. My advice, do it, because it’s never too late to be educated and you’ll never regret it in the future.

I also started learning programming at the beginning of the year as a backup plan and I’ll definitely do all I can to get through next year. It’s a very hard niche and horrible to get into without financial and mental support, but if you can scale through, it would be worth it.

Do forgive my long rant.

P.s- I hope you would continue your dairy whenever you get inspired to.
Thanks for the kind words.
I've been busy this world cup period but I'll start updating.
Re: by akwesenana: 12:58am On Oct 06, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2010/2011 Islt Admission List Into Uniport Is Out / Unilag Postgraduate Entrance Exam Past Questions (m.a.english) / Thank God For My Jamb Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.