Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Is This A Problem? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This A Problem? (728 Views)

Pls Can I Get A Problem Free Automatic Transmission Car At A Rate Of 300 T0 400k / Is There A Problem Buying A Corolla Manufactured In South Africa?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Problem? by Thatwebdev: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
Sometimes when I'm driving and my Car wants to move from gear 2 to gear 3, It revs up to 4000rpm and then the gear switches.

This happens randomly. The transmission fluid is guaged and it still smells nice. It's a bit brownish.

Every other thing works fine no delayed engagement whatsoever.

Car is Honda Accord Euro 2006, CL9
Re: Is This A Problem? by Eljay9233: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
This is for automatic users. I can only advice on manual car

1 Like

Re: Is This A Problem? by Michautocares: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
Thatwebdev:
Sometimes when I'm driving and my Car wants to move from gear 2 to gear 3, It revs up to 4000rpm and then the gear switches.

This happens randomly. The transmission fluid is guaged and it still smells nice. It's a bit brownish.

Have your transmission diagnosed.
It's most likely a shift solenoid issue.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Problem? by Thatwebdev: 6:12am On Jan 08, 2023
Michautocares:

Have your transmission diagnosed.
It's most likely a shift solenoid issue.
I scanned it but no error code. Transmission hasn't been tampered with before neither is the engine. I'm so scared of this kazeems ruining my Gearbox.
Re: Is This A Problem? by aieromon(m): 6:38am On Jan 08, 2023
Thatwebdev:

Enjoy your ride and plan towards a drain and refill. That is the sign from the gods.

Your AT fluid should be pink.
Re: Is This A Problem? by Michautocares: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2023
That's why I said "diagnosed" not "scanned". Diagnosing is more than just plugging in the scan tool, you need a gear expert to look at it. Cause transmission can be very tricky.
Thatwebdev:

I scanned it but no error code. Transmission hasn't been tampered with before neither is the engine. I'm so scared of this kazeems ruining my Gearbox.
Re: Is This A Problem? by Thatwebdev: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2023
aieromon:

Enjoy your ride and plan towards a drain and refill. That is the sign from the gods.

Your AT fluid should be pink.

Thanks Bro. I'm planning towards changing he ATF.
Re: Is This A Problem? by Thatwebdev: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
Michautocares:
That's why I said "diagnosed" not "scanned". Diagnosing is more than just plugging in the scan tool, you need a gear expert to look at it. Cause transmission can be very tricky.

Thanks Bro. I'll work towards it.
Re: Is This A Problem? by Thatwebdev: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hello guys. I have been driving all day up to this point.

So some minutes ago, My Car was heavy /delayed shifting..

It'll rev but drop, it'll do this about 3/4x before picking...

Could be this be the atf? And someone recommended total atf..

Below is the Result from the scanner.

Re: Is This A Problem? by Thatwebdev: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
The codes on the screen has been fixed. I lost power on the dash, window and AC wasn't cooling. This is the second time it's happening. My rewire did sonething but what's a permanent solution.

Regarding the gear oil, it's not guaged at all. Below the first mark. I'll park it now until I get the atf..

1 Like

Re: Is This A Problem? by Michautocares: 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Thatwebdev:
Hello guys. I have been driving all day up to this point.

So some minutes ago, My Car was heavy /delayed shifting..

It'll rev but drop, it'll do this about 3/4x before picking...

Could be this be the atf? And someone recommended total atf..

Below is the Result from the scanner.
So, if you look at the 1st and last fault code, you'll see there's an electrical fault that affects the gear selection. This may have been caused by; Defective transmission range sensor, Shorted wiring for reverse position sensor or Faulty brainbox. I'll recommend to service the gear (because you have brownish oil) first, service the shift solenoids as well, inspect the electrical system (look for short or open circuits) of the gearbox.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Vehicle Doesn't Accelerate / Comparison / Is Tinted Glass Permit Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.