Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Help - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help (1149 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
good day, my fellow nairalanders. well my account can be new but I'm not new on this forum. please can someone tell me how much I can budget for cultivating of cassava an acre farmland. i wish to setup a poultry biz but no much start up capital. I just concluded the land payment with my personal savings because i dont wish to lease it. now, i wish to acquire 1 acre but they measure 2 for me. i've completed payment for one, and i have the privilege to use all the 2 acres till i complete the payment.
Please advice me. I want to know if what I have can reach me for the budget

now, the plan is to cultivate cassava, how much can I budget for cultivating on one acre and the possible profit will be how much. i learnt they sold it per load.
Re: Help by FarmFreshNG: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
gten10:
good day, my fellow nairalanders. well my account can be new but I'm not new on this forum. please can someone tell me how much I can budget for cultivating of cassava an acre farmland. i wish to setup a poultry biz but no much start up capital. I just concluded the land payment with my personal savings because i dont wish to lease it. now, i wish to acquire 1 acre but they measure 2 for me. i've completed payment for one, and i have the privilege to use all the 2 acres till i complete the payment.

now, the plan is to cultivate cassava, how much can I budget for cultivating on one acre and the possible profit will be how much. i learnt they sold it per load.

What you need is a mentor, followed by a business blueprint. I have seen many avoidable mistakes in your takeoff that can even kill your dream before you even begin. If you will engage my consultancy services, I can show you the bogus errors in your take-off plan, set you on the right path and give you clear business execution plan and you'll be shocked that you can even farm 4-5 acres with your current budget
Re: Help by muyico(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
gten10:

Ur location? Try to visit IITA at ibadan or agric hub at oluyole ring road ibadan
Re: Help by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
muyico:
Ur location? Try to visit IITA at ibadan or agric hub at oluyole ring road ibadan
ogun state
Re: Help by kirn(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
gten10:
ogun state
visit where he advised you to. There, experts will give u quality directions free
Re: Help by OluchiDelly: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
gten10:

now, the plan is to cultivate cassava[b], how much can I budget for cultivating on one acre[/b] and the possible profit will be how much. i learnt they sold it per load.

How thick is the vegetation on the land, is it stump free? If the vegatation is light and stump free, then u spend less on land cultivation, with less than 15k u can plough with a tractor. If the vegetation is very rough, you may resort to manual clearing and ridging which will cost more.
Check out the rough estimate below.

ploughing: 15k

Herbicides: 8k(glyphosate+2,4-D/any good pre emergent.

Cass stem, 20-25bundles: 15k.@N500/bundle

Planting: 7k

Selective herbicide @7-8wks: 7k

Herbicide @4 months:3k(paraquat, spray wt caution).

You can intercrop with maize( but your herbicide regime will slightly change) to recoup all these expenses within 3months.
Re: Help by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
thank you
OluchiDelly:

How thick is the vegetation on the land, is it stump free? If the vegatation is light and stump free, then u spend less on land cultivation, with less than 15k u can plough with a tractor. If the vegetation is very rough, you may resort to manual clearing and ridging which will cost more.
Check out the rough estimate below.

ploughing: 15k

Herbicides: 8k(glyphosate+2,4-D/any good pre emergent.

Cass stem, 20-25bundles: 15k.@N500/bundle

Planting: 7k

Selective herbicide @7-8wks: 7k

Herbicide @4 months:3k(paraquat, spray wt caution).

You can intercrop with maize( but your herbicide regime will slightly change) to recoup all these expenses within 3months.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Raw Cashew Nuts From Our Farms At Affordable And Reduce Price / Nigeria world's largest producer of yam / Poultry Pen To Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.