Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,518 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / , (472 Views)

When Senator Magnus Abe Was Shot, Tinubu Was There For Him. See The Picture / Tinubu Was Hosted By His Alma Mater, Chicago State University (Throwback Photos) / Yoruba Nation: Police Kill Street Trader In Lagos, Arrest Agitator (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

, by paxx: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2023

Re: , by tyba: 2:06pm On Jan 30, 2023
What's tour news source Op
Re: , by isan(m): 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2023
Mumu , they are not even family

3 Likes

Re: , by Toosure70: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2023
But una said He is from ìrágbìjí ni bad belle go kill una

3 Likes

Re: , by IslamIsIdiotic: 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
He was adopted by the daughter of the slave owner.
The daughter's name was Abibat Mogaji.

Toosure70:
But una said He is from ìrágbìjí ni bad belle go kill una
Re: , by yarimo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 30, 2023
paxx:
Efunroye Tinubu (c. 1810 – 1887), born Ẹfúnpọ̀róyè Ọ̀ṣuntinúbú,[1] was a powerful Yoruba female aristocrat, merchant, and slave trader in pre-colonial and colonial Nigeria.[2][3][4]

She established a successful trade network with European merchants in slaves, tobacco, salt, cotton, palm oil, coconut oil, and firearms. She allegedly owned over 360 personal slaves.[5]

On one occasion, during her final sojourn in Abeokuta, she was alleged to have sold a young boy into slavery and was accused of it. When arraigned before Ogundipe Alatise over the matter, she reportedly explained: 'I have a large house-hold and I must feed them well. I need money to do that, that's why'.

1 Like

Re: , by OkutaNla: 2:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wait first. Make Una stay one place. I thought you people said Bola Tinubu is not a real Tinubu, and that his real name is Amoda Yekini Ogunlere from Iragbiji. If we're to go with that assertion, why then are you linking him with Efunroye? Abi Una dey tell us say Tinubu becomes Amoda only when it's convenient for you people? Abeg, make it make sense.

1 Like

Re: , by MrColdsweat: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2023
And there is a statue of this slave trader somewhere in Lagos. Why do the yorubas love celebrating criminals?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do South South Governors Always Sponsor The Core North / BREAKING: Atiku Postpones Port Harcourt Rally As Wike Celebrates / Seven States I Am Certain Peter Obi Will Win ( My Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.