Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

I Need Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help (421 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help by Adebaba1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2023
my issue is quite bleeped up and i would like to go to straight to the point.
i am in my late twenties
in 2019 after my service year, i joined an IT firm as a novice and within two years, my programming skills became better but the language i was learnin wasnt really in a high demand, its esql/ESB. i struggled to get grasp of the language.
After 2 years i quit, the reason i left was that i was already turning to an errandboy/software developer/secretary, the pay wasnt even much and the salary was still being delayed, i had to call my boss every month before he would pay salary.
i left the job for an oil firm thinking i would be better paid but alas it was just a slight difference between them, if i knew i was going to be paid that amount i won't have joined but it has happened and i have moved on.
i still feel the urge to return back to coding but i am looking for gigs not jobs.
right now i am learning different things and cant focus on one because i am thinking of how fast i can make money
i am currently learning data science on coursera, software tester on youtube, react on coursera,
a friend just talked about bubble.io and how he is seeing gigs on twitter, i also want to learn it
because of my programming experience, i know i can learn everything but my problem is what above skills can i learn that will make me earn faster

ps please don't judge me on my obsession with making fast money, i am the first born and i have parents to take care of
my take home salary in the oil firm is not up to 90k
Re: I Need Help by nnamdiosu(m): 11:31pm On Feb 18, 2023
Adebaba1:
i am in my late twenties
in 2019 after my service year, i joined an IT firm as a novice and within two years, my programming skills became better but the language i was learnin wasnt really in a high demand, its esql/ESB. i struggled to get grasp of the language.
After 2 years i quit, the reason i left was that i was already turning to an errandboy/software developer/secretary, the pay wasnt even much and the salary was still being delayed, i had to call my boss every month before he would pay salary.
i left the job for an oil firm thinking i would be better paid but alas it was just a slight difference between them, if i knew i was going to be paid that amount i won't have joined but it has happened and i have moved on.
i still feel the urge to return back to coding but i am looking for gigs not jobs.
right now i am learning different things and cant focus on one because i am thinking of how fast i can make money
i am currently learning data science on coursera, software tester on youtube, react on coursera,
a friend just talked about bubble.io and how he is seeing gigs on twitter, i also want to learn it
because of my programming experience, i know i can learn everything but my problem is what above skills can i learn that will make me earn faster

ps please don't judge me on my obsession with making fast money, i am the first born and i have parents to take care of

Dm me
Re: I Need Help by LikeAking: 11:02am On Feb 19, 2023
Adebaba1:
i am in my late twenties

E go better.
Re: I Need Help by Adebaba1(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2023
LikeAking:

E go better.
Amen
Re: I Need Help by PythonPros: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2023
Believe me when I say that you will get easily exhausted learning everything at once.

It is usually best to focus on one language or course...master that course and then move on. If you think about it, the principle being all programming languages are essentially the same. Once you get a firm grip on one, it's quite easy to learn the rest.

I know you are desperate to earn now but that shouldn't be your sole goal. Your love and passion for programming should be your primary driving source, otherwise you many be frustrated out of this journey.

Learn for the joy of learning and humbly accept the gifts that come with it. Cheers.

Re: I Need Help by Adebaba1(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2023
PythonPros:
Believe me when I say that you will get easily exhausted learning everything at once.

It is usually best to focus on one language or course...master that course and then move on. If you think about it, the principle being all programming languages are essentially the same. Once you get a firm grip on one, it's quite easy to learn the rest.

I know you are desperate to earn now but that shouldn't be your sole goal. Your love and passion for programming should be your primary driving source, otherwise you many be frustrated out of this journey.

Learn for the joy of learning and humbly accept the gifts that come with it. Cheers.
Thank you chief, I am highly grateful

(1) (Reply)

Need Wordpress Developer Needed / Needed Urgently / An App Developer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.