Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. (1016 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Yhemzie(m): 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2023
I'm driving toyota camry 2004 model, I start noticing recently, anytime I drive for more than an hour and I open the car bonnet, the heat emanating from the engine is just much and I noticed the coolant reservoir is frequently emptied but my temperature guage always reads normal engine temperature i.e it doesn't go beyond the middle mark. What could be happening?
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by 9icetoo(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yhemzie:
I'm driving toyota camry 2004 model, I start noticing recently, anytime I drive for more than an hour and I open the car bonnet, the heat emanating from the engine is just much and I noticed the coolant reservoir is frequently emptied but my temperature guage always reads normal engine temperature i.e it doesn't go beyond the middle mark. What could be happening?
There is nothing in what you describes that confirma your engine is overheating.

If you have a leak in your cooling system, your reservoir will constantly run out of water and the steam from the leak will make your engine bay appear slightly hotter than usual.

Look for the leak, fix it and save that engine.

5 Likes

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by eRex(m): 2:50pm On Feb 26, 2023
9icetoo:

There is nothing in what you describes that confirma your engine is overheating.

If you have a leak in your cooling system, your reservoir will constantly run out of water and the steam from the leak will make your engine bay appear slightly hotter than usual.

Correct.. go fix your leak

2 Likes

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Temidayo9(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yhemzie:
Two things here bro, 1.its either your water pump not functioning well, the water level will quickly low and when you park , water may leak on the floor or 2. Your car radiator cells are not free enough for water to pass, in this case go to people we call alagbede in Yoruba, you can ask for one around from your pernel or mechanic, they will open the car radiator cells and through it for flow of coolant or water.
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Yhemzie(m): 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
Temidayo9:

Two things here bro, 1.its either your water pump not functioning well, the water level will quickly low and when you park , water may leak on the floor or 2. Your car radiator cells are not free enough for water to pass, in this case go to people we call alagbede in Yoruba, you can ask for one around from your pernel or mechanic, they will open the car radiator cells and through it for flow of coolant or water.
Thanks so much, I noticed one of the points you mentioned, water always drips out immediately I park after a long drive. A friend advised I should change the radiator cap, which I did 2 days ago. Still watching anyway.

1 Like

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Yhemzie(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
9icetoo:

I don't think there is any leak aside noticing water overflowing from the reservoir when I park after a long drive.
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Temidayo9(m): 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yhemzie:

Thanks so much, I noticed one of the points you mentioned, water always drips out immediately I park after a long drive. A friend advised I should change the radiator cap, which I did 2 days ago. Still watching anyway.
Whichever way, don't joke with water issue on your car for the sake of your engine, as there must be free flow of water /coolant on your car engine before temperature can be normal
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Yhemzie(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
Temidayo9:

Whichever way, don't joke with water issue on your car for the sake of your engine, as there must be free flow of water /coolant on your car engine before temperature can be normal
Alright
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by 9icetoo(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yhemzie:

I don't think there is any leak aside noticing water overflowing from the reservoir when I park after a long drive.
Then your radiator cap leaks.

Change the radiator cap. Observe for a while. If it continues, then seek professional help.
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Originalsly: 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
I have the very car .... 2004 Camry ... can't tell when last I even checked the levels. I advise you check the hoses ... change the cap ... make sure you have the correct one ... a pressure cap .... and refill the radiator with coolant ... not water .... and that should be the end of any heating problem for at least a year.
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by TRADELYN: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
Originalsly:
I have the very car .... 2004 Camry ... can't tell when last I even checked the levels. I advise you check the hoses ... change the cap ... make sure you have the correct one ... a pressure cap .... and refill the radiator with coolant ... not water .... and that should be the end of any heating problem for at least a year.
What type of coolant would you recommend?

1 Like

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Yhemzie(m): 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2023
Originalsly:

Thanks, though I already bought a new cap but I was told it's not a pressure cap.
I stay in Ibadan and the Agbede man said I can only get the original radiator cap at Gate spare parts market.

1 Like

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Originalsly: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2023
TRADELYN:

What type of coolant would you recommend?

Can't even recall ... but think the brand was Prestone and colour green.... been monthssss ago!

1 Like

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by soloehis(m): 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2023
Yhemzie:

Thanks, though I already bought a new cap but I was told it's not a pressure cap.
I stay in Ibadan and the Agbede man said I can only get the original radiator cap at Gate spare parts market.
go to total filling stations get total coolant.. it all depends on your coolant colour..check the colour.. I use it for years and I can verge for it effectiveness

2 Likes

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Blackbishop(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Temidayo9:

Don’t listen to this cake bit mechanic advice. Check for leak and you are ok
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Temidayo9(m): 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blackbishop:

Don’t listen to this cake bit mechanic advice. Check for leak and you are ok
Then provide your own solution to him, why the attack? Baby car user
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Temidayo9(m): 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Yhemzie:

Am sure your radiator cell is dirty or block that disallowed free flow of water
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by jackaustin631: 12:38am On Mar 02, 2023
Yhemzie:
I'm driving toyota camry 2004 model, I start noticing recently, anytime I drive for more than an hour and I open the car bonnet, the heat emanating from the engine is just much and I noticed the coolant reservoir is frequently emptied but my temperature guage always reads normal engine temperature i.e it doesn't go beyond the middle mark clicking here. What could be happening?
I am also facing the same issue.
Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Blackbishop(m): 6:51am On Mar 02, 2023
Temidayo9:

Then provide your own solution to him, why the attack? Baby car user

No insult was quoted up there and solution was the ending part. Seeped lips

Re: Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. by Blackbishop(m): 6:53am On Mar 02, 2023
jackaustin631:

I am also facing the same issue.

Check for leakages around the radiator or the hoses, in most cases after the car has been driven for sometime check around the pressure cover you will likely notice steams forming and disappearing.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can Am Going To Nigeria After Years In Abroad: I Need Ur Advice / Honda Fit Radio Codes / Where To Get A Mercedes Benz C300 Back Bumper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.