Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Programmer Help. - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Programmer Help. (1306 Views)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaira Programmer Help Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmer Help. by Bright2(m): 9:48pm On Sep 13, 2011
pls as a programmer help me to write a simple c++ programm to calculate the average score of 20 students of electrcal/electronics department level 200.
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 1:20am On Sep 14, 2011
Errrm Are you serious? I mean why exactly are you asking such a question? Average?? Look am not trying to chase you but if you are a programmer as you say, no matter how whack you are, you could close your eyes and write that!

Anyways, what have you written thats not working?
Re: Programmer Help. by Bright2(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2011
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2011
Well no-one can help you if you dont help yourself. If you have programming as a module then you shouldn't say you aren't a programmer!. Anyways, you still have to try something out and then we can help you im,prove on it.

Before you go for the hints, make sure you understand the following concepts;
-> Variables
-> Operators
-> Conditions
-> Loops

Now the hints!
HINT:
--> Write code to add 2 numbers.
--> Write code to add x numbers.

Make sure you understand the concepts you used above, then you move unto the next step

--> Write code to divide 2 numbers, 1 by the other.
When you understand the following then write code to add up x numbers and divide the result by the amount of numbers entered.

Am not really sorry for not giving you code because if you cant write this yourself, who is gonna write something harder for you in an exam? You gotta practice a lot.

Get to work and when you get stuck, you try again until you feel you are completely hopeless(which i can tell u is impossible cheesy) then you can come here and someone would help you!
Re: Programmer Help. by Bright2(m): 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
Thank you so far! Understanding this thing is when somebody might have thought you but in this case those signs you want me to understand are things i am not even aware of before now. Like you said ealier it's a simple thing,a teacher that has covered vast portion of his manual can't give that as an assignment,the fact is that we are just stepping into it & for now no materials for it! I,m more comfide here than there so just help me out i believe i'll make progress with it through effort made here.
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
Thats exactly what i did. I have helped you by listing things you have o know as well as hints on how to solve your problem. are you indirectly saying you just want the code??
Re: Programmer Help. by Bright2(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2011
The way you talk/write is funny. Firstly , am not talking to you as a moderator but as someone thats trying to help. If you take your time to search google alone for those thing I posted above, you would have gone a long way now. The funniest part is that you are zoo lazy that you can't even search google for a sample answer. I haven't checked but there are gazillions of solutions online. . . Am not telling you to go and copy solutions tho but hey laziness ain't gonna help you at all. I really wish you could just understand. You need to learn to do stuffs on your own.

Anyways am still not gonna give you the code to your exercise because you just need a few hrs(3hrs max) to go through the stuffs i wrote above and do your assignment yourself! Now go online and try to learn those stuffs i posted above, when i get home am going to post a link here to a book you should use on C++. notwithstanding here is the book. --> http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/3rd.html

To every newbie reading this, YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!
Re: Programmer Help. by Bright2(m): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
Re: Programmer Help. by NumberOne2(m): 1:42am On Sep 15, 2011
Thank you so much for your time wasted,iv'e already gotten more than i wanted from a member in ngmix .net through email & i have crossed that stage now.You can now keep your discouragement & the useless link you posted cause i got a better link & encouragement. I do help members one way or the other on Nairaland & i don't care to know how lazy or smart they are before helping them.Congratulation you are a programmer which you are not the first neither will you be last! To caption it all,am on the track now.

So much for half baked graduates. So when a position for a Programmer comes up in a company after you graduate you'll submit you CV and pray/fast so can get the Job right? No wonder our educational system is below Zero. CV carrying/Unskilled graduates.
Re: Programmer Help. by OAM4J: 6:17am On Sep 15, 2011
Bright2:

Thank you so much for your time wasted,iv'e already gotten more than i wanted from a member in ngmix .net through email & i have crossed that stage now.You can now keep your discouragement & the useless link you posted cause i got a better link & encouragement. I do help members one way or the other on Nairaland & i don't care to know how lazy or smart they are before helping them.Congratulation you are a programmer which you are not the first neither will you be last! To caption it all,am on the track now.

This is totally uncalled for and shows you are an ingrate.  You should even be grateful that someone responded to your request, or did you pay him to help you? People like you are the reasons some don't bother to help online.

Not only did he tell you how to find a solution, but he was teaching you how to have the right attitude to solving programming problems but you took it for an insult because you were looking for a quick fix. Fact is you will never become a serious programmer or serious in any other field if all you are looking for are quick fixes. You would have learnt more and better than you are now if you have followed his advice.

@Fayimora

Well done! You have done the right thing! Please don't let him discourage you.
Re: Programmer Help. by Danyl(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
@fayimora,u did great. Dont let the poster's attitude discourage n more so try to check poster's intonation before trying to fix their problem many of them out there are not ready to learn but just find a quick fixes whc goes along way to wreck them.
@poster,u are an ingrate,that is just enough
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 12:53am On Sep 16, 2011
Tanks a lot guys! I really do appreciate. . . . .
Re: Programmer Help. by naijaswag1: 12:45pm On Sep 16, 2011
No newbie is going to learn anything on Nairaland programming section because Fayimora is incharge.I will prefer someone based in Nigeria to handle this section.These folks abroad dont understand the system here.Am sorry for anyone coming here for programming assistance.
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2011
naija_swag:

No newbie is going to learn anything on Nairaland programming section because Fayimora is incharge.I will prefer someone based in Nigeria to handle this section.These folks abroad dont understand the system here.Am sorry for anyone coming here for programming assistance.
Do you mind explaining yourself? By the way thats personal and has nothing to do with moderating! So tell me what exactly your point is! You would rather give answers than guide the seekers in finding their way?
Re: Programmer Help. by OAM4J: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2011
naija_swag:

And where did you read it from that it is part of the moderator's duties to help anyone coming here for programming assistance? And how does his being a moderator here prevent newbies from learning here? Is it the duty of the moderator to teach newbie programming? If you or anyone can teach/help others what stops you from doing it? And what is the system in Nigeria that is different from the abroad system?

Truth is, he has hit the nail on the head, many of you guys are just too lazy to learn the right way and that is why many of our graduates are half baked, they are always looking for quick fixes/answers not wanting to understand how the answer is arrived at.
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2011
The funniest part is that I actually wrote the program incase he wasn't able to meet the deadline. Just wanted him to learn to fend for himself before crying out loud. Anyways it's all good. At least some reasonable people understand.
Re: Programmer Help. by NumberOne2(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2011

Show me ONE foreign forum where codes were posted for newbies and I'll show you TEN foreign ones that codes weren't given. Since you are so kind hearted, why don't you create your own forum where Programmers can come copy codes?
Re: Programmer Help. by SayoMarvel(m): 2:53pm On Sep 18, 2011
This is the first time I'll see @Poster on this forum so I won't really say much; I assume he's rookie. I'm really disappointed in @naija_swag, I think we need a way to put faces to the names we see on this forum. I used to think you are such a guru. @Fayimora has done the best thing. If you can't surf the net to find materials on how to add up 20 numbers and divide by 20, you are going nowhere. I also grew up on this forum (some 4-5 years ago). People even helped me on QBasic (and they didn't do it by pasting lines and lines of code for me to cope/paste). When I've had my sleepless night trying to fix a 15-line code, I upload what I have and people will help me fix it because they know I've given in some effort. Now I'm currently writing stuffs for people on this forum. Even people invite me for commercial-grade apps and I respond when I know the person has also done something (some people here can confirm this). I normally hang out on a foreign forum -- coderanch, (and nairaland of course). We don't post ready-made codes for people; they'll never learn. @Fayimora even gave @poster the algorithm, what else should he do? Nigeria does not produce half baked software engineers, she produces unbaked ones. Many of our graduates are memory cards (la cram, la pour, la forget) not engineers. I've vowed that I'll become a complete engineer no matter how hard I'll have to work. If you are not willing to work, then quit computer science, pick up a microphone and start rapping or better still open a shop and start selling cosmetics!
Re: Programmer Help. by naijaswag1: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Sayomarvel I dont care a heck about your opinion.I have got things to get done,when am done I will put some things straight.As for fayimora,I remember that the first issue I had with your moderation and viewpoint was about pseudocode,listen to Skiena,"A common mistake my students make is to use pseudocode to dress up an illdefined
idea so that it looks more formal."

I dont have you guys time right now,I hope I will have in about two weeks.
Re: Programmer Help. by Fayimora(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2011
Time?? You could have just said what you wanted to say rather than what you just posted which doesn't make sense. Again, you should stop saying anything about moderating because it has nothing to do with it. When am supposed to moderate, I do it and when I decide to reply a post, I simply reply!!!

On a final note you still haven't given me any reason why you posted this:

naija_swag:

No newbie is going to learn anything on Nairaland programming section because Fayimora is incharge.I will prefer someone based in Nigeria to handle this section.These folks abroad dont understand the system here.Am sorry for anyone coming here for  programming assistance.
Re: Programmer Help. by mexzony: 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
Bright2:

Re: Programmer Help. by mexzony: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
Bright2:

@ fayimora
do not mind the poster.u did great.i am a beginning programmer myself and i can write that program so easily.i respect u for ur stance.
@ poster
u will never be a seious programmer with an attitude of laziness.i was beginning to feel pity for u when i saw ur ungrateful post.i was shocked.let me tell u something,one of the key to being a good programmer is being able to plan and break down problems awy from the computer.the language is just a tool.as a beginer myself i have been fraustrated at times even up to a whole week just to solve some simple stuff and understand it myself but i know i want to be good that is why i never give up.having a quick fix is not the way.those who helped u are humans like u.u are just a lazy and ungrateful fellow

(1) (Reply)

Programmer And business Experts Needed For My New Betting Website / Oracle 1Z0-144 / I Am Looking For Programming Job Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.