Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? (17644 Views)

Satan The Choirmaster? / Satan, The Cherub That Covereth And The Inverted Pyramid / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:05am On Mar 26, 2023
Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World?

This is in continuation of a thread I made last week, where I said not all leaders were appointed by God and proved it with scriptures, especially the teaching of Christ. Yet there were some here, including Christians, who strongly disagreed with that position and were arguing because they believed all leaders were appointed by God.

Hence this is to illustrate how erroneous that idea of theirs is, because if they indeed believe God appointed every leader, that means they also believe that Satan was appointed by God as leader of this world, because they can't possibly believe that all leaders were appointed by God but at the same time not believe that God was the One that also appointed Satan to rule the world He made in the beginning.

Then imagine teaching believers to consequently subject themselves to Satan's authority, because all leaders were appointed by God... wouldn't that sound as heretic and antichrist as they could possibly come?

That's how glaringly false and ridiculous the idea that all leaders were appointed by God is, because the God who created the earth and everything in it had never on any occasion appointed Satan to rule over everything He made in the beginning.

It was never God's plan A or plan B up to plan Z for Satan to become the ruler of this world.

The only person God intended to have dominion and to rule over this world was the man He made in His own image.

That was the plan of God before He made man.

Genesis 1:26 (KJV)

[And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That was actually the concept of God making man, to rule over His creation, so after God had made man (male and female), He officially appointed man the leader of the Earth and hence gave them charge, authority and dominion over everything He made in the beginning, to actualise His plan for making man.

Genesis 1:28 (KJV)

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Therefore it was man that God appointed the ruler of the world He'd made and gave authority over it, never the devil.

God bless.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:05am On Mar 26, 2023
But some might still ask, if God had put man in charge of the world in the beginning and never the devil, how then did Satan become the leader of this world?

I already said in the previous thread that some leaders were appointed by men, some others by Satan, however I only gave instances of the latter, such as the Antichrist, but none of the former, hence I'm going to use this opportunity to do just that.

The same Satan I said would appoint the Antichrist as world leader, is himself is an appointee of man.

It was man that appointed Satan the prince of this world not God!

It was man that elected the devil to become his leader.

It was man chose Satan as his lord and king.

It was man that foolishly sold his leadership-right to the devil for just a bite of the forbidden fruit. Genesis 2:16-17, 3:6.

It was man who hence gave the power which God gave him over Earth to the devil.

That was how Satan came to have it because it was the same power God gave to man in the beginning, that the devil offered to Jesus when he tempted Him.

Luke 4:5-7 (KJV)

And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Hence Satan now had the power God gave to man in the beginning and could give it to anyone he wants, just as man could give it to anyone he choose after God gave it to him.

Therefore God never intended for the devil to have all that power and glory He gave to man in the beginning, hence His utter disappointment with man after man had given it to the devil.

Hence His strong rebuke and even punishment of man for giving the devil that power and authority He intended for man to have over His creation and had given him after He had made man in the beginning.
Genesis 3:11-19

Hence God doing whatever it took, even if it meant for Him to come down to the earth as man to pay the price so as to reclaim that power and authority He gave to man in the beginning from the devil.

Hence Jesus saying:

John 12:31-32 (KJV)

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

That was how the devil was cast out from his leadership position, after God had paid the price to reclaim that power from the devil which He gave to man in the beginning.

Hence Jesus saying afterwards:

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matthew 28:18

Therefore God never rested until He had reclaimed that power and authority He gave man over His creation from Satan, because it was never His intention for the devil to have it in the first place.

If God gave the devil the power or installed him as the ruler of this world, why would He go through so much trouble to retrieve it and to cast the devil out?

If you still believe every leader, including the devil, was appointed by God, it then means your god is certainly not the One that created everything in the beginning, and appointed man as leader of them all, and then also did everything He possibly could to reclaim that power from the devil after man gave it to him, because that God would never appoint the devil as ruler over the world He'd made.

God bless.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by othermen: 7:09am On Mar 26, 2023
Isiah 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool…

Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Mathew 28:8 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by advanceDNA: 7:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Every word of scripture has a context...nobody appointed the liar as anything... the "ruler if this world" also has a context ... .

The devil is a lair from the start...the guy can lie too much....all he said to jesus are mere distorted standard version if the truth... the nigga probably had nothing to give to Jesus even if Jesus bowed to him

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by hopefulLandlord: 7:44am On Mar 26, 2023
The Bible did. that's where Yahweh, Satan, angels, demons etc exists

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2023
advanceDNA:
Every word of scripture has a context...nobody appointed the liar as anything... the "ruler if this world" also has a context ... .

The devil is a lair from the start...the guy can lie too much....all he said to jesus are mere distorted standard version if the truth... the nigga had nothing to give to Jesus even if Jesus bowed to him

Really? So why did Jesus also call him the prince of this world and said He'd be casted out if it wasn't true?

Secondly, Jesus also said after His resurrection, "all power on Earth" had been given to Him among other things, so whose was it before it was given to Jesus and when was it given to Him?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by advanceDNA: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Really? So why did Jesus also call him the prince of this world and said He'd be casted out if it wasn't true?

Secondly, Jesus also said after His resurrection, "all power on Earth" had been given to Him among other things, so when was "all power on Earth" given to Jesus?

Prince has a context..angels have been called princes since forever in the bible..

Matt 28v18...jesus said all power/ authority in heaven and earth has been given to him...he ddnt say earth alone... did the devil collect power/authority in heaven too..?? No..

Oga shebi u sabi read bible... God reconciling all things back to himself through jesus brought about jesus receiving all power... we dont need to over think the context of scriptures... ..

one thing is clear though..the devil is a liar...no word of his mouth can be trusted as truth
No one appointed the devil as anything..the guy lie too much

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Asgard13: 8:16am On Mar 26, 2023
Lucifer in the garden of Eden took power from MAN..

Christ on the CROSS.. took that power and gave it back to humanity..

Now that POWER is a only accessible if you believe .. in the name of the son of God .

God bless humanity for the gift of salvation

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2023
advanceDNA:

Prince has a context..angels have been called princes since forever in the bible..
Oga shebi u sabi read bible... God reconciling all things back to himself through jesus brought about jesus receiving all power..

No ine appointed the devil as anything..the guy lie too much
Playing the context card as an excuse wouldn't solve anything because the only context i see here is sentiments.

You contradict yourself by the bolded because it you claim God reconciled all things back to Himself, who was it with beforehand?

Th devil being a liar doesn't mean everything he says but the intention. He said the truth to tempt Jesus into worshipping him not that it was a lie, just as he quoted the scriptures to tempt Jesus to throw Himself down from the pinnacle of th building. It doesn't make the scripture he quoted a lie.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by advanceDNA: 8:37am On Mar 26, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Playing the context card as an excuse wouldn't solve anything because the only context i see here is sentiments.

You contradict yourself by the bolded because it you claim God reconciled all things back to Himself, who was it with beforehand?

Th devil being a liar doesn't mean everything he says but the intention. He said the truth to tempt Jesus into worshipping him not that it was a lie, just as he quoted the scriptures to tempt Jesus to throw Himself down from the pinnacle of th building. It doesn't make the scripture he quoted a lie.

Sentiments?? U are talking as if i have something to gain from this talk.... lol..

Matt 28v18...jesus said all power/ authority in heaven and earth has been given to him...he ddnt say earth alone... did the devil collect power/authority in heaven too..?? No..

lets no over think context...there's is no sentiment here.... Over-thinking context is why we ascribe some supposed power to the devil...
the guy is not even omnipresent ... yet pple paint it as if he's every where in ur heart deceiving you and also in heaven accusing u before the father... the nigga is just another creature of the cosmos with at most an ability to influence since the bible said he influenced a third of the angels...

His ability to influence men to disobey God is probably the only the reason he called ruler of the world.....still he doesnt force anyone...
ddnt the same bible call God the lord of the heavens and earth......context, context, context...every scripture has context

By the way....How do u beleive anything a liar says..how did u know what he said to jesus was truth...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Ezedon(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2023
As an Arc Angel, every other demons are under him

2 Likes

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Olachase(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2023
He appointed himself and if you are not happy about that go to court grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by malvisguy212: 8:49am On Mar 26, 2023
broad is the way that lead to destruction and MANY will go in there.

A quick look at mankind will tell you that majority have sold there heart to satan, thus satan become there RULER.

authomatically satan become the ruler of this world because one third of humanity are decieive by him , there loyalty is to Satan , who influences and rules it. He lies from the very depths of his characte.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Promismike(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2023
Buhari
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Faber(m): 8:50am On Mar 26, 2023
Devil appointed himself the prince of this world. Just like Tinubu appointed himself president - elect.

We never voted the devil, we voted Bros J

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by MrPresident1: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2023
Ephesians 2:2 KJV
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Revelation 17:15 KJV
And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the LovePeddler sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Revelation 17:18 KJV
And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

When God elevates you you become Lucifer. When you begin to strive against God using the powers he has given you, you become Satan the devil. Then God will arise to punish you severely

Jeremiah 50:24 KJV
I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the Lord.
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by thesicilian: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2023
INEC

1 Like

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by happney65: 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
Lmao.. grin
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by CountLaka(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
I'm suspecting Elupeeeee pipu for the installation. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by advanceDNA: 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
thesicilian:
INEC

U are comedian grin
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
advanceDNA:

Sentiments?? U are talking as if i have something to gain from this talk.... lol..

lets no over think context...there's is no sentiment here.... Over-thinking context is why we ascribe some supposed power to the devil...
the guy is not even omnipresent ... yet pple paint it as if he's every where in ur heart deceiving you and also in heaven accusing u before the father... the nigga is just another creature of the cosmos with at most an ability to influence since the bible said he influenced a third of the angels...

His ability to influence men to disobey God is probably the only the reason he called ruler of the world.....still he doesnt force anyone...
ddnt the same bible call God the lord of the heavens and earth......context, context, context...every scripture has context

By the way....How do u beleive anything a liar says..how did u know what he said to jesus was truth...
The sentiment is not wanting to believe the truth that the devil had been given all power on earth by man whom God gave it to in the beginning, because it's the devil. You wouldn't even want to call the devil "the prince of this world" because that title belong to man at first before the devil got it. I also had the same the idea when I was still a kid until I was corrected while preaching it as a kid. I just didn't believe the devil could be telling the truth on that occasion but I was proven wrong and it even made more sense after I gained more spiritual knowledge.

As for the bolded, do you believe what the devil said from the scriptures about "the angels taking charge over Him" is a lie because the devil said it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by bigdammyj: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2023
Reading and learning...

1 Like

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by advanceDNA: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2023
malvisguy212:
broad is the way that lead to destruction and MANY will go in there.

A quick look at mankind will tell you that majority have sold there heart to satan, thus satan become there RULER.

authomatically satan become the ruler of this world because one third of humanity are decieive by him , there loyalty is to Satan , who influences and rules it. He lies from the very depths of his characte.

Simple....
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by BigDawsNet: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2023
Hm.. I think he appointed himself..

We can't have two boss in heaven so he was casted out...

He begin his own movement by making people commit sins and trad dia souls so he can hav his own follower and rule dem
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Franking: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2023
Is there a God? If yes is he perfect?
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by LandMann: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2023
Too many contradictions.

Just love your neighbor as you'd love yourself. Every other thing is cóck and bull story

6 Likes

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by Harrynight(m): 8:53am On Mar 26, 2023
He made himself
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by TheboyGhost(m): 8:54am On Mar 26, 2023
Because he owns Earth Dumbo.
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2023
RIP to general oladipo Diya
Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by stunnert(m): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2023
Apart from God, no entity can challenge him. So when he appointed himself ax the ruler of the kingdom of darkness over four principalities, eight powers that be and the great of the evil kingdom no one could stand up to him and say no, besides he' a very good business manager who knows how to keep everyone under his tent happy so far they do his bidding.

A pity the church doesn't teach us more about the devil and his kingdom

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World? by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:57am On Mar 26, 2023
Olachase:
He appointed himself and if you are not happy about that go to court grin grin
Stop it! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is It That Witches, Wizards And Demons Never Attack Atheist? / Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds / Is It Wrong For A Christian Husband And Wife To Attend Separate Churches?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.