Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Should I resign or continue? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I resign or continue? (19688 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I resign or continue? by yaseer111: 9:27am On Mar 29, 2023
Good morning all

Firstly, i am a student in one reputable state university in this country. So, there is this cleaning company I've been working with for more than 3years now which sustained me. as a street sweeper and student i usually woke up as early as 5am to go to work sweep and clean my lot before 7am and return to prepare for school.

But about 3months ago the state Governor decided to end their contact and bring another company to handle the job. We were lucky part of the contract is that they'd still work with us.

So the new company came in we're very happy that they even increased our salary to 15k per month instead of 12k that we were being paid before. Infact, they also employed more cleaners since they got additional lot.

Sadly, it has been 3month now we're working with this new company but they never paid us a dime and we are about to resume school new session and I have not save anything for registration as I usually do saved 8k every month and manage 4k.

What do you think we shall do

Shall we report then to public complains office or
Stage a protest to government house since the state Governor once said in a radio station that he paid the money.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I resign or continue? by mentor56(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
finally first to comment.

5 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by whela(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
It's your decision to make..

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by EriMma1: 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
Go to human rights office at Ikeja and lay your complain. They should be able to help out.

Nigeria! 15k for a whole month. What people earn per hour abroad ( UK). Yet they still can't pay.

May God punish the people that crippled this country.

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Cemsorcems: 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
De
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Queenext: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
G

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by callmevirus(m): 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
Have patience but if you like quit and roam about the street
Re: Should I resign or continue? by Robertgreene1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
U are an hustler bro
Keep on the good hustle..Grace will locate you soon.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by obawinner(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
The new company won't last long if they started this way.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by FalseProphet1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
All of you should lock the manager in his office and demand that he transfers your salary to your various account before freeing him. Once you get your alert you can leave and go to school and all will be well.

This I have seen.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Amuluonyenaego: 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
H
Re: Should I resign or continue? by graphicdesigns: 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
What was their reason for the lack of payment.
Check the first topic on my profile if you need a logo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Weedhustler: 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
Use 5430 out of the money...u get it!
Re: Should I resign or continue? by iCauseTrouble: 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
Continue while you are on a look out for another job

2 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Solidkay(m): 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
This is not a decision nl will make for you,
Yourself and your coworkers should decide on the best approach to this issue,
God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Besto(m): 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
Mehn You are prudent ooo

4k per month faaa

2 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by LordFriar: 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
Wait.. You mean you spend 4k per month? Tf? 4k no dey last me pass two days chief..

Omo you need you a better gig abeg

4k keh

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by oluwaseyi0: 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2023
paying 15k and still owning

2 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Ofemmanu1: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
Instead of politicians, let the monkeys govern the countries; at least they will steal only the bananas!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by oluwaseyi0: 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
EriMma1:
Go to human rights office at Ikeja and lsu your complain. They should be able to help out.

Nigeria!

this dare not be Lagos,

12k per month shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by frank317: 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

this dare not be Lagos,

I wonder, and he saves 8k and manage 4k, this must be in planet jupiter

4 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2023
the best option is to kneel down and beg .maybe that will touch his heart.never leave a job without having another job at hand

5 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by EriMma1: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

this dare not be Lagos,

Then let him go to any human rights office in his state.

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by EmmaLege: 4:19pm On Apr 03, 2023
🤕

1 Like

Re: Should I resign or continue? by PerfectMan24: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
Guy I need to learn ur magic on how to manage 4k per month.

11 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by idu1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
I think they are trying to sort things out with the government. You know government bureaucracy is very slow when it comes to transitioning from one hand to another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I resign or continue? by chiboycue: 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Firstly, i am a student in one reputable state university in this country. So, there is this cleaning company I've been working with for more than 3years now which sustained me. as a street sweeper and student i usually woke up as early as 5am to go to work sweep and clean my lot before 7am and return to prepare for school.

But about 3months ago the state Governor decided to end their contact and bring another company to handle the job. We were lucky part of the contract is that they'd still work with us.

So the new company came in we're very happy that they even increased our salary to 15k per month instead of 12k that we were being paid before. Infact, they also employed more cleaners since they got additional lot.

Sadly, it has been 3month now we're working with this new company but they never paid us a dime and we are about to resume school new session and I have not save anything for registration as I usually do saved 8k every month and manage 4k.

Stage a protest to government house since the state Governor once said in a radio station that he paid the money.

You could write to the Company highlighting the sufferings you all are going through due to failure of the Company to pay the three months salaries and also appealing to the Company to do the needful by paying your 3 months salaries. You could also copy the Governor in the letter and send a copy of that letter to the Governor for his information. All the affected staff should append their signatures. Please make sure that you make two copies of the letter so that the management of the company
and the Secretary of the Governor could acknowledge receipt of the letters.

7 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by longifilis(m): 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Well staged and well written
How did you manage 4k a month?
Dear NL be truthful for once
There are good people's around us, who will always pick interest in our downs if we do not tell lies

4 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by longifilis(m): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Be truthful for once

2 Likes

Re: Should I resign or continue? by fitinwell: 4:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
yaseer111:
Good morning all

Re: Should I resign or continue? by OnlySmartHustler(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2023
Seize the company's cleaning tools in your possession or you can lay you hands on.. Resell in black market.. My humble opinion though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Skye Bank Sacks 50 Workers / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) / What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.