Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Does SQL & Python Really Matter In The Schemes Of Data Analysis? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does SQL & Python Really Matter In The Schemes Of Data Analysis? (409 Views)

Did Your Grades Matter In Your Job Search? / 10 Ways To Recognize Ponzi Schemes / FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does SQL & Python Really Matter In The Schemes Of Data Analysis? by lazynairalander1: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2023
Do not be part of those who believes or say "once you sabi Excel and PowerBI you're a data analyst" 😂😂😂🤣
Data Analysis has gone past that insinuation, Hiring Managers are out looking for the best available candidate and the more your tools the more your chances of been noticed in a very competitive market as DA.
A saying goes SQL is the meat and potatoes of data analysis, in my years of analysis I have come to understand that Excel and PowerBI will only take you this far but SQL and Python/R will make you stand out.
King grinding and winning!!!
✌️✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: Does SQL & Python Really Matter In The Schemes Of Data Analysis? by Simiola: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2023
lazynairalander1:
Do not be part of those who believes or say "once you sabi Excel and PowerBI you're a data analyst" 😂😂😂🤣
Data Analysis has gone past that insinuation, Hiring Managers are out looking for the best available candidate and the more your tools the more your chances of been noticed in a very competitive market as DA.
A saying goes SQL is the meat and potatoes of data analysis, in my years of analysis I have come to understand that Excel and PowerBI will only take you this far but SQL and Python/R will make you stand out.
King grinding and winning!!!
✌️✌️✌️
Waooo, thanks for this your great submission.
But please I'm a novice, thou studied statics and have little knowledge on Excel 🫣, now I'm planning to go into data analysis.
Can you pls give me advice on what to start with 🙏
Re: Does SQL & Python Really Matter In The Schemes Of Data Analysis? by lazynairalander1: 2:29am On Apr 06, 2023
Simiola:

Waooo, thanks for this your great submission.
But please I'm a novice, thou studied statics and have little knowledge on Excel 🫣, now I'm planning to go into data analysis.
Can you pls give me advice on what to start with 🙏

Upgrade your Excel knowledge at least to intermediate level then PowerBI/Tableau and SQL.
This will get you a good data analyst job, while on the job you can add Python to your skillset as it will serve as an added advantage to recruiters and for the senior data analyst position.

(1) (Reply)

Autocad Training In Nigeria 08035509757 Or 08185210387 / Do You Need A Tax Consulting And Financial Services? / Chemisluv Xmas Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.