Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,548 members, 7,847,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

Pitiful Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pitiful Love (223 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pitiful Love by Pgold18: 5:24pm On May 06, 2023
If you ever fall in love out of sympathy, you will regret it.
If you make anyone fall in love with you out of pity, you will be use-less.

Days ago, I encountered a friend who narrated how he fell in love with a lady whom he developed affection for, out of pity.

He narrated...

“I started dating Kate some years ago.

When the relationship was hitting a year old, I discovered one of the hidden dark sides of my girlfriend. I never knew she was suffering from such illness until one night.

Okay.

She stayed in my place for that day.

That morning, we were in the bed, after spending some nice minutes, something that baffled me occurred.

Suddenly, she became stiff, her muscles were as hard as iron and she stretched herself uncontrollably while her muscles cracked. She foamed profusely and I was scared to the extreme end of almost seeing my own death.

She lost her consciousness all of a sudden.

It was strange to me.

I called for help immediately.

With the help of some neighbours, we were able to revive her.

What a relief! I said.

After making my findings, I discovered that she had been suffering from the illness for a long time.

I made up my mind to let her go a separate way after the scary discovery.

“I'm sorry, I won't be able to continue with this relationship. I wish you all the best in your endeavors,” I told her as I intended to cut the relationship off.

“You are leaving me because of my predicament? Is that how it should be?” she commented sympathetically.

I felt guilty after hearing the word from her.

It felt like I was taking advantage of her predicament to toy with her emotions.

I pitied her, I had to withdraw my words and we proceeded with our relationship.

I started developing feelings for her more than before, out of pity.

Sometimes, I would just look at her and say, “oh, she must have been through a lot. I need to treat her very well.”

The love grew harder and I never cheated on her. Any time I felt like cheating, my conscience always disrupted the motive.

It continued like that until the relationship hit four years old.
It was after four years I discovered that I've been in the wrong affair.

I got a call on a particular day, it was the voice of a young man who threatened me to leave Kate alone.

He rained several curses on me after introducing himself as the boyfriend to my assumed girlfriend.

That was just the tip of the iceberg.

Few days ago, I checked her phone, I discovered many romantic conversations she had with numerous guys.

This is the same person I have been pitying, thinking that her predicament would also make her submissive, and loyal to me alone. I was wrong all along.

That moment, I knew I was the cricket in the hands of a player.
I went deep into my findings which revealed many hidden facts about Kate.

A huge percentage of these guys know about her challenges. At a point or another, she had been to their places to spend one or more nights over, while I was seeing her as a faithful girl.

I took a bold step to cut the relationship off, even though it was no longer as easy as I thought, but it was the decision I had to take.

Again, she said the same thing to me

“you are leaving me because of my predicament. That means you never loved me.”

I felt ashamed of myself after hearing the statement, as usual.

I tried to give her another chance, but with a condition.

“If you wish to continue the relationship with me, break-up with all the guys you are cheating on me with,” I issued the condition.

She acted reluctantly, but she didn't want to loose me as well.

“If you can't break up with them, then, I can't continue sharing you with some idi-ots!” I told her.

I cut the tie with her, never wanted anything to do with her again, but my heart is still craving for her up till this moment.

You know why? Because I was in a PITIFUL RELATIONSHIP. I was captured by my affection”

©️Olawale Ogidan
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100082485533317

(1) (Reply)

Poem For Those Battling Depression / Accelerationism, The United States Is The Professional / BE YOURSELF (compilations By Kenoquill)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.