Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Import Dll Into Java Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Import Dll Into Java Program (2923 Views)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / How To Create A Small Gui(graphical User Interface) Using Jframe In Java Program / Dll Load Failure With Py2exe (python And Qt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Import Dll Into Java Program by webmonkey(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2011

Please, has some done a similar project in the past like this.  I am interfacing  a document management system (DMS) with a foreign trade application for a bank.  The trade application has a new version completely written in Java around J2EE. The earlier version was mixed technologies i.e, VB, Java, C, C++ and ASPX and the interface was done using .COM

The document management systems API is on a DLL (Dynamic Link Library). There is no way we can see the contents of this DLL. But the methods it exposes are well documentated for interfacing.

Now, the new version of the foreign trade application can only interface with any other third party DMS using java.  All the DMS API are in DLL.  Is there anyway someone can import a DLL into java and be able to call the functions in that DLL?

Using JNI requires that you implement the DLL signature which I don't know, hence in DLL. Using System.load(directoryToDLL) throws errors.

(1) (Reply)

International Conference On Applied Information Technology AIT 2015 October 7-9 / Have An App Idea? Let's Build Your Next App / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.