Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde (11723 Views)

Senator Abbo: Politics Made Me Poorer, ₦29M Monthly Is Not Much / Buhari's last 4 years was discouraging - Bloomberg / Osinbajo: 'Buhari Poorer Now Compared To 2015' - Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Islie: 9:41pm On May 28, 2023
…declares assets ahead of second term inauguration

By Adeola Badru

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has disclosed that he is twelve per cent poorer since he became the governor of the state in the last four years.

The governor, who visited the office of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) in Ibadan at the weekend, submitted a copy of the end-of-tenure assets declaration form and declared his assets ahead of the beginning of his second term in office.

Buhari confers National Honour on Emeka Anyaoku, Emefiele, Olowu Kuta, others
What to Expect from Oborevwori as Governor
While speaking with the newsmen, Makinde said that the details of his assets will be made known to the public through his media team soonest.

He said: “Statutorily, you have to declare your assets on the assumption of the office and end of tenure.”

“So, since one tenure is ending at midnight on Sunday, and by law, I have to declare assets before assuming office for the next tenure.”

“In view of this, I came to submit my end-of-tenure assets declaration form
for the first term and declared assets for the beginning of the second tenure.”

“In the last four years, I am 12 percent poorer, because I have not really had the chance to look after my businesses. I have been looking after Oyo State business,” he posited.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/ive-become-12-poorer-as-gov-in-last-4-yrs-makinde/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by HacheNoire: 9:42pm On May 28, 2023
Deceit!

Does Makinde think all his audience are fools?

High chances Seyi was drunk when he made the statement. Can’t be his real self.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by PrincessofDSS(f): 9:44pm On May 28, 2023
Bunch of fraudsters

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by sreamsense: 9:48pm On May 28, 2023
Makinde, I am not saying you are lieing; but is difficult to believe expecially as you are engineer; maths and logic are inside your pocket as tools for manipulation. Why did you have to go for 2nd tenure when you know you are poorer? Is it not you that was campaigning vigorously using Wike and Tinubu to corner people? I am not too doubting you, it is possible; but difficult to believe

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by illicit(m): 9:49pm On May 28, 2023
Poorer in morality

Sure
shocked

7 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by slimfit1(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2023
Please don't try to play with our intelligence.

6 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by heckymaicon(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2023
LAMBA

5 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:07am On May 29, 2023
Naxo, why go second term? Poor dey sweet person so?
No cry today oo abeg, it a chosen day for Obidients only

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by rashrockalabx(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2023
😎
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2023
The rich get richer while the poor get pushed over...

1 Like

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Pwettylinda(f): 8:08am On May 29, 2023
Looter shutup

1 Like

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by spencekat(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2023
Story
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Burgerlomo: 8:08am On May 29, 2023
😂

10 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by NapoleonHill: 8:08am On May 29, 2023
HacheNoire:
Deceit!

That's actually how it works. If you're a business man, you're likely to get poorer after leaving government except you find other means of augmenting your loss by stealing.

This happens to all of them including president Trump whose net worth dropped by about $1billion in just 4 years of being in office.

14 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by solmusdesigns: 8:08am On May 29, 2023
cool

Makon Engineering

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Goodlady(f): 8:09am On May 29, 2023
Lamba!
Are you paying from your personal cash or you are saying being a gov isn't as profitable as when you were in your own biz?
You were once a senator.
Makinde dey play o, dey play!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by ghiloman28(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2023
I can’t believe any politician on this coz the system is designed to loot and loots

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Pandev(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2023
Ọgbọn Sodiiiiqi... grin

30 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by osuofia2(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2023
grin grin
Shey you de whine us ni
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Iseoluwani: 8:09am On May 29, 2023
HacheNoire:
Deceit!

Very stupid gov. Agbero governor.
The amount we transporter pay to this agbero guys no be here

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Generation1: 8:09am On May 29, 2023
Story for the gods

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Godwin4444: 8:10am On May 29, 2023
Irrespective of wherever u re today please try to hug an Igbo man

It’s not easy

5 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Harrykn: 8:10am On May 29, 2023
Person go just wake in the morning think say everybody nah mumu.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by moshuur(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2023
sreamsense:
Makinde, I am not saying you are lieing; but is difficult to believe expecially as you are engineer; maths and logic is inside your pocket as tools for manipulation. Why did you have to go for 2nd tenure when you know you are poorer? Is it not you that was campaigning vigorously using Wike and Tinubu to corner people? I am not too doubting you, it is possible; but difficult to believe
Power/esteem/prestige/honor/affluence (unrestricted access to state's purse)/influence.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Sermwell(m): 8:10am On May 29, 2023
I'm very sure someone in this forum will believe him cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by SirLakes: 8:11am On May 29, 2023
We are familiar with this line grin

a comedian cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by happney65: 8:11am On May 29, 2023
My friend has thrown us a lamba. Have been waiting for this to make NL FP. grin
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 8:11am On May 29, 2023
May this new administration favor all 🙏. But then we all need to get multiple streams of income just Incase, why not start a celebrity gossip channel on YouTube and earn in dollars subsequently. I can teach and mentor you, mention me ASAP, hold your 1k o. Very important.
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Contagious100d(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2023
Ogun kill you for that lie.
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2023
Lol
Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by mechanics(m): 8:13am On May 29, 2023
Hmmmmm, but why did he have to re-contest if he's 12% poorer, those are one of the gimmicks to deceive ignorant Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde by Menclothing: 8:13am On May 29, 2023
Employ competent hands for your business in gas your company is still the biggest in cooking gas production in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'The Economist' Testimony On Nigeria's New Trains / COVID-19: FG Lifts Midnight Curfew, Crowd Restriction At Weddings, Concerts / A Storm Of Investments Is Heading To Nigeria - Ajuri Ngelale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.