Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language (1711 Views)

[Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2023
qtguru:

I find that hard to believe, unless you're not marketing yourself or visiting enough job boards, someone with Java skills will at least find remote freelance.

and you're good with Algo too ?

I do get freelance gigs, I'm talking about a full-time employment, reasonable one not the ones paying 50k
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by qtguru(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

I do get freelance gigs, I'm talking about a full-time employment, reasonable one not the ones paying 50k

50k USD or NGN ?
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 11:12am On Jul 12, 2023
Englishisamust:

Boss market yourself, you don apply for job??

I've been applying for jobs on linkedin, mostly foreign jobs though.
The problem with most jobs is that they are looking for someone with at least 3-5years working experience NOT FREELANCING, MY EXPERIENCE AS A FREELANCER DOESN'T SEEM TO MATTER TO THEM
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2023
qtguru:

50k USD or NGN ?

50K naira.

The problem with most jobs is that they are looking for someone with at least 3-5years working experience NOT FREELANCING, MY EXPERIENCE AS A FREELANCER DOESN'T SEEM TO MATTER TO THEM
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by qtguru(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Do you have a github ? most people use their personal Java projects to apply for jobs, as long as you understand the stack
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2023
qtguru:

Do you have a github ? most people use their personal Java projects to apply for jobs, as long as you understand the stack
Yes I do
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by qtguru(m): 11:15am On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

50K naira.

You're doing something wrong, no Java Developer collects 50k in Nigeria that I know of, even PHP Devs earn more than that. Do you have a github link ?
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by qtguru(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Even with Java I can get gigs on Upwork or other job boards, that's why I am surprised you're earning 50k.
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by qtguru(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2023
send a PM, won't be here for a while
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 11:22am On Jul 12, 2023
richebony:

can u share u github profile

I sent you a private message, accept on your mail so I can share my GitHub and personal portfolio website.
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2023
qtguru:

Even with Java I can get gigs on Upwork or other job boards, that's why I am surprised you're earning 50k.

I'm not earning 50k, you don't understand my previous post.
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by qtguru(m): 11:37am On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

I'm not earning 50k, you don't understand my previous post.

I know even Java freelance gigs are expensive. Maybe you should try Shopify Development with Java or Amazon SP. There are some gigs there
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by richebony: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

I sent you a private message, accept on your mail so I can share my GitHub and personal portfolio website.

Thanks i have sent u a reply
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by richebony: 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

I've been applying for jobs on linkedin, mostly foreign jobs though.

If you were able to build that app u listed from scratch, Baba na to fake experience oh .. use what u did in your mini projects and freelance gigs as job description, just state that you were employed as a contractor

3 Likes

Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
qtguru:

I know even Java freelance gigs are expensive. Maybe you should try Shopify Development with Java or Amazon SP. There are some gigs there

I just wonder why I'm unable to secure a normal full time job with my knowledge, I don't even know if all these HR even read through people's CV or just read the first 3 lines and move on to the next
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
richebony:

If you were able to build that app u listed from scratch, Baba na to fake experience oh .. use what u did in your mini projects and freelance gigs as job description, just state that you were employed as a contractor

I built that app from scratch bro, it's a complete bank application, I just wonder why I'm unable to secure a normal full time job with my knowledge, I don't even know if all these HR even read through people's CV or just read the first 3 lines and move on to the next

1 Like

Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by eleniyan2020: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Yes, and I'm good at it, I once built a bank web application that registers/login users and perform operations like transfer, withdraw and deposit. The app automatically generates a bank account number and an ATM card details and store these details in a MySQL database.
The Frontend of the app was built with react while the back end was built with Java Spring Boot
good day boss,can you tutor me for 4months,if yes,how much will you charge me?
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Paystack: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

I built that app from scratch bro, it's a complete bank application, I just wonder why I'm unable to secure a normal full time job with my knowledge, I don't even know if all these HR even read through people's CV or just read the first 3 lines and move on to the next

Let's see the Bank app you built na angry

All of Una go the hide Una GitHub as if it's something to be kept secret

There's nothing special about your GitHub

Post it here and your projects if you're confident about your skill

Your employer can be anywhere
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by GreatKingg: 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
what job position? can you post a link to the job ads?
Gerrard59:

I have actually seen job ads stating salaries as high as one million dollars per annum. It is only possible in the US because Switzerland does not come close.
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
eleniyan2020:
good day boss,can you tutor me for 4months,if yes,how much will you charge me?
Where do you live?
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by GreatKingg: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
So what's stopping you from claiming 5 years experience on your resume? This is one thing you should understand, if you sabi your craft well and you are so confident in your abilities, baba, go ahead and claim 5-7 years experience. Do you really think any company wan employ newbies?

Bro, update your resume with 5 years experience. List some companies where you've previously worked and put your paddies phone number as reference. The ones you do freelance works for, put them as part-time/contract. All experience counts.

Now, you should also understand that your resume matters a lot in job hunting. If your resume tight, trust me, you go dey get steady interview. So I think you should work on your resume. Let professionals wey don tay for the game help you review and update your resume. That will go a long way to help secure a full-time job.
Thermodynamics:

50K naira.

1 Like

Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Sheriman(m): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
GreatKingg:
You mean 70k or 700k USD? If nah 700k you mean to type, bros abeg stop lying and misleading people. Even the biggest tech company nor go pay Principal Java Programmer that much.. so I believe you mean 70k. How much CEOs sef dey earn?
How much Sundai Paichai self dey ear per year
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
GreatKingg:
So what's stopping you from claiming 5 years experience on your resume? This is one thing you should understand, if you sabi your craft well and you are so confident in your abilities, baba, go ahead and claim 5-7 years experience. Do you really think any company wan employ newbies?

Bro, update your resume with 5 years experience. List some companies where you've previously worked and put your paddies phone number as reference. The ones you do freelance works for, put them as part-time/contract. All experience counts.

Now, you should also understand that your resume matters a lot in job hunting. If your resume tight, trust me, you go dey get steady interview. So I think you should work on your resume. Let professionals wey don tay for the game help you review and update your resume. That will go a long way to help secure a full-time job.

Thanks for the advice, although I'm sceptical about lieing on my resume though.
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by airsaylongcome: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Thanks for the advice, although I'm sceptical about lieing on my resume though.

Do you know of Fineract?
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Do you know of Fineract?

I know of it
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by airsaylongcome: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thermodynamics:

I know of it

And do you know of fiter.io?
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
airsaylongcome:

And do you know of fiter.io?

Not sure, sounds a bit family, I think it's like a support system for Fineract
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by sweetguy10(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yeah but you gotta be good at it . I developed a POS and ATM Terminal debit/credit card processing system that routes transaction to multiple card payment processors based on business logic , charges all kind of cards verve,visa and MasterCard both online pin verification and offline . I decided to delve in deeper and understand how apps are created on card chips with lead me to Java Card Architecture for writing card applets to chips /smart cards . You will be amazed at how powerful Java is , it's WORA capabilities is very good for business .Over 10 billion devices - SIM cards , Financial cards (credit and debit), Access door cards, Loyalty programme cards and yes the NFC architecture for contactless cards payment are all powered by Java. For the Java haters, you are just pained because you find it hard to understand the dynamics of OOP. JAVA will keep being king of enterprise applications and yes enterprise is the field you play in when you want the money in tech if you don't intend to be a founder RT al

As for me , plan is to get snapped up by a chip embossing company and eat the mulllaaaassss!!

Java reigns supreme .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Alphabyte2: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
sweetguy10:
Yeah but you gotta be good at it . I developed a POS and ATM Terminal debit/credit card processing system that routes transaction to multiple card payment processors based on business logic , charges all kind of cards verve,visa and MasterCard both online pin verification and offline . I decided to delve in deeper and understand how apps are created on card chips with lead me to Java Card Architecture for writing card applets to chips /smart cards . Over 10 billion devices - SIM cards , Financial cards (credit and debit), Access door cards, Loyalty programme cards and yes the NFC architecture for contactless cards payment are all powered by JAVA , the plan is to get snapped up by a chip embossing company and eat the mulllaaaassss!!

Did you use 3line services to create POS and ATM terminal
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by Thermodynamics(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
Paystack:

Let's see the Bank app you built na angry

All of Una go the hide Una GitHub as if it's something to be kept secret

There's nothing special about your GitHub

Post it here and your projects if you're confident about your skill

Your employer can be anywhere

Lol, I'm not hiding anything, I just want to keep this account anonymous, maybe I'll create an account strictly for tech.
Re: Java Programming Language Is A Money Ritual Language by eleniyan2020: 12:21am On Jul 13, 2023
Thermodynamics:

Where do you live?
osogbo....Osun state!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Visual Basic: Any Good Websites That Makes Visual Basics Easy To Learn / Where Can I Learn Database, Web Application And System Configuration Pls!!! / Certified Ethical Hacker Vs Certified Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.