Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,525 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

To The Admin - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To The Admin (795 Views)

Contacting The Admin / To The Admin / Is The Admin Losing Steam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To The Admin by Vicjustice: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2011
But why does Nairaland have so many unnecessary and unreasonable censored words?
I do understand that some bad language words should be censored for disciplinary reasons and correctness, but words that are politically, educationally, or morally correct should have been allowed: Such words include; GA'Y, SE'X, HOM'OSEXUAL, PEN'IS, VAG'INAL, RA'PE, LESB'IAN are all decent words that politically, decently medically, religiously, morally and socially correct; compared to the bad language words like: F***, S*IT, NIG**R, A*S, BAST**D, D*MN, etc
Now, the prohibition to use the word SE'X (and replacing it with "Intimacy"wink in a section named "[b]SEX[/b]uality"; in other word, to have a section named SEXUALITY and yet forbidden to use the word SEX doesn't make sense. My honest opinion.
Re: To The Admin by Vicjustice: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2011
I COULDN'T MODIFY AND CORRECT SOME ERRORS IN THE FIRST, SO, I'VE EDITED AND REPOST AS A REPLY.

But why does Nairaland have so many unnecessary and unreasonable censored words?
I do understand that some bad language words should be censored for disciplinary reasons, but words that are politically or morally correct should have been allowed: Such words including; GA'Y, SE'X, HOM'OSEXUAL, PEN'IS, VAG'INAL, RA'PE, LESB'IAN are all decent words that are politically, decently medically, religiously, morally and socially correct; compared to the bad language words like: F***, S*IT, NIG**R, A*S, BAST**D, D*MN, etc
Now, the prohibition to use the word SE'X (and replacing it with "Intimacy"wink in a section named "[b]SEX[/b]uality" doesn't look right; in other word, to have a section named SEXUALITY and yet forbidden to use the word SEX doesn't make sense. My honest opinion.
Re: To The Admin by Odunnu: 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2011
Its crazy how this affects me o! Do you know that I noticed that I dont use the word R@pe anymore. While discussing the ABSU gang rape, I was always using NL version of 'violated'

(1) (Reply)

British MPs vote to legalize gay marriage in England, Wales / How Wild Is Your Imagination? / The Day Nairaland's Topics Equalled Its Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.