Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics (232 Views)

How To Download Youtube Video Using Two Lines Of Python Code / Who Have The Nature Of Code By Daniel Shiffman Pdf / How Many Lines Of Code Run Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics by Alphabyte2: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lines of code:

MS-DOS: 4 thousand
WhatsApp: 30 thousand
Telegram: 50 thousand
Zoom: 60 thousand
TikTok: 80 thousand
Space Shuttle: 400 thousand
Minecraft: 500 thousand
Instagram: 1 million
US Military Drone: 3.5 million
YouTube: 5.4 million
World of Warcraft: 5.5 million
Boeing 787: 6.5 million
Google Chrome: 6.7 million
Chevy Volt: 10 million
Twitter: 10 million
Android: 12 million
iOS: 12 million
Mozilla Firefox: 21 million
Windows XP: 45 million
Large Hadron Collider: 50 million
Ubuntu: 50 million
Facebook: 62 million
MacOS X: 84 million
Tesla: 100 million
Google: 2 billion
Re: Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics by Wealthyonos(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
This one loud o
Re: Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics by lordm(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
Google sha

1 Like

Re: Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics by airsaylongcome: 12:15am On Oct 07, 2023
Wealthyonos:
This one loud o

Loud how? LoC is a useless metric. Any idiot can write 1 million lines of code. The key thing is how efficient the code is.

I can't write the following

Playback(silence/1)
Playback(hello-world)

And that's two lines of code. Does that make that piece of code "better" than

Playback(silence/1&&hello-world)

where I accomplish the same thing with half the lines of code that the first did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Software Lines Of Code By World Of Statistics by BlackhatMentor: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Loud how? LoC is a useless metric. Any idiot can write 1 million lines of code. The key thing is how efficient the code is.

I can't write the following

Playback(silence/1)
Playback(hello-world)

And that's two lines of code. Does that make that piece of code "better" than

Playback(silence/1&&hello-world)

where I accomplish the same thing with half the lines of code that the first did

You're right.

See the way TikTok is making wonders and giving Instagram run for their money with fewer lines of codes

Same for Chrome vs Firefox

(1) (Reply)

Magento Upgrade Services, Upgrade Magento Version - Magento India / I Need An Adsense Account That I Can Buy / Get Started With Node.js Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.