Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Importance of praying with scriptures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Importance of praying with scriptures (131 Views)

Praying With Fanta Brings Endless Prosperity! — Lady / What Are The Benefits Of Praying In Tongues? - Joseph Prince / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Importance of praying with scriptures by mercygrey177(f): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2023
Importance of praying with scriptures

Why do we pray?
We pray cause we know there’s a God to answer. You go down on your knees, pour out your heart to your maker, you are certain that God is with you and listening to heart cry.
As Christian, prayer is a necessity in our lives, Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer. Most people often ask “why do we have to pray when it’s said that God knows our thoughts and the intents of our hearts”. However, it’s important to speak as God also spoke the word into existence by the utterance of his mouth. God knows what we want before we even ask but he wants us to say it.

How to move God with your prayers;

Praying with scriptures
Psalm 138 says, “ God honors his words above his name” in other words God cannot fail to do anything he says. Scripture has given many promises of God and his proclaimation over our lives, it’s only right for us to make it an habit of reminding God those promises from scripture in prayer.
There are popular verses which a lot of people know by the words, but if told to say it by scripture most people wouldn’t know it. Just like asking someone the shortest verse in the Bible. The shortest verse is “Jesus wept” a lot of us know this but not all know the verse it’s written.
“Heaven and Earth may pass away, but my words will by no means pass away” Matt 25vs35, is one those popular verses that everyone knows about.
Through this statement made by Jesus, we know that his words are the most important thing, also it’s a good reminder of eternity of God’s word. The word of God last longer than anything you see in the world, the word lasts longer than the world around you. God is true to his word as much as he is true to us. So when we pray with God’s word in relation to is promises we are certain that in God’s time and in God’s way every word will be fulfilled perfectly.

Importance of praying with scripture
The word of God becomes a treasure
When you read scripture, understand it , meditate on it and carry them all through the day they become a treasure to you and you can apply that scripture into any situation. There are scriptures which match your current situations, people do that a lot with psalms.
One important thing to note when you pray with scriptures is to be specific with those scriptures. If you are going to say “lord you said you will give your angels charge over me…” try and include the verse of the scripture ( psalms 91:11) I know we sometimes find it difficult to recall the exact verse of a popular scripture. Like I stated earlier people recall those popular scriptures by the words only. To me when i pray scriptures and their exacts verses there’s this inner joy that comes with it . It’s fulfilling to me , you know that feeling when you get straight A’s in school yeah! that’s it. This doesn’t mean I’m better than others or God is going to answer my prayers first before others, it just gives me joy to be able to use those scriptures I meditate on in prayer. It illuminates my thought of God and if ignites my affection for God.

It’s help you pray confidently:
Praying with scriptures gives you a whole new confidence, you are telling God what he said concerning your predicament. praying with scriptures is safe , secure and firm you don’t need to be wandering around your prayers, God’s word expresses his will concerning our lives, so when we pray with scripture there’s this confidence that comes with it.

It’s helps you with prayer points
Have you ever started praying and then run out of what to pray about, maybe cause you are trying not to ask the right thing the wrong way, or you feel guilt asking to be a billionaire. Then you need not worry, when you read God’s word, understand, meditate and pray with it, the confusion ends. You have direction on what to pray about and prayer points to hold unto.

Its entirely truthful
The book of the word is like no other books, it has no errors. You can’t go wrong with praying with scriptures.

It makes you understand scripture better
When you pray, you must think carefully about what you say, you need to have an idea of what the scripture means in it’s context. The process of praying with scriptures makes you to dig deep into that scripture through biblical research. When you pray a verse from Bible for you self. It becomes more personal.
In conclusion, you may be thinking. “How can I pray scripture?” It’s pretty simple as you read and study the Bible, there might be a story that resonate with you or the situation you are in. You can personalize that story and pray prophetic scriptures into your own life.

https://blog-by-nehita..com/2023/08/consequences-of-fear-story-time.html
Re: Importance of praying with scriptures by FRANCISTOWN: 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
mercygrey177:

Well, so far so good. There has not been a proof of anyone who has moved any god thru any form of penterascalism or acrobatics.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to their own belief but, please. Y'all should stop deceiving people.

Prayer doesn't do shit rather it makes people lazy both mentally and physically
Re: Importance of praying with scriptures by Tyktoker: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Your prayers can't move God!
mercygrey177:

How to move God with your prayers

Why do we pray?
We pray cause we know there’s a God to answer. You go down on your knees, pour out your heart to your maker, you are certain that God is with you and listening to heart cry.
As Christian, prayer is a necessity in our lives, Jesus started with prayer and ended with prayer. Most people often ask “why do we have to pray when it’s said that God knows our thoughts and the intents of our hearts”. However, it’s important to speak as God also spoke the word into existence by the utterance of his mouth. God knows what we want before we even ask but he wants us to say it.

How to move God with your prayers;

Praying with scriptures
Psalm 138 says, “ God honors his words above his name” in other words God cannot fail to do anything he says. Scripture has given many promises of God and his proclaimation over our lives, it’s only right for us to make it an habit of reminding God those promises from scripture in prayer.
There are popular verses which a lot of people know by the words, but if told to say it by scripture most people wouldn’t know it. Just like asking someone the shortest verse in the Bible. The shortest verse is “Jesus wept” a lot of us know this but not all know the verse it’s written.
“Heaven and Earth may pass away, but my words will by no means pass away” Matt 25vs35, is one those popular verses that everyone knows about.
Through this statement made by Jesus, we know that his words are the most important thing, also it’s a good reminder of eternity of God’s word. The word of God last longer than anything you see in the world, the word lasts longer than the world around you. God is true to his word as much as he is true to us. So when we pray with God’s word in relation to is promises we are certain that in God’s time and in God’s way every word will be fulfilled perfectly.

Importance of praying with scripture
The word of God becomes a treasure
When you read scripture, understand it , meditate on it and carry them all through the day they become a treasure to you and you can apply that scripture into any situation. There are scriptures which match your current situations, people do that a lot with psalms.
One important thing to note when you pray with scriptures is to be specific with those scriptures. If you are going to say “lord you said you will give your angels charge over me…” try and include the verse of the scripture ( psalms 91:11) I know we sometimes find it difficult to recall the exact verse of a popular scripture. Like I stated earlier people recall those popular scriptures by the words only. To me when i pray scriptures and their exacts verses there’s this inner joy that comes with it . It’s fulfilling to me , you know that feeling when you get straight A’s in school yeah! that’s it. This doesn’t mean I’m better than others or God is going to answer my prayers first before others, it just gives me joy to be able to use those scriptures I meditate on in prayer. It illuminates my thought of God and if ignites my affection for God.

It’s help you pray confidently:
Praying with scriptures gives you a whole new confidence, you are telling God what he said concerning your predicament. praying with scriptures is safe , secure and firm you don’t need to be wandering around your prayers, God’s word expresses his will concerning our lives, so when we pray with scripture there’s this confidence that comes with it.

It’s helps you with prayer points
Have you ever started praying and then run out of what to pray about, maybe cause you are trying not to ask the right thing the wrong way, or you feel guilt asking to be a billionaire. Then you need not worry, when you read God’s word, understand, meditate and pray with it, the confusion ends. You have direction on what to pray about and prayer points to hold unto.

Its entirely truthful
The book of the word is like no other books, it has no errors. You can’t go wrong with praying with scriptures.

It makes you understand scripture better
When you pray, you must think carefully about what you say, you need to have an idea of what the scripture means in it’s context. The process of praying with scriptures makes you to dig deep into that scripture through biblical research. When you pray a verse from Bible for you self. It becomes more personal.
In conclusion, you may be thinking. “How can I pray scripture?” It’s pretty simple as you read and study the Bible, there might be a story that resonate with you or the situation you are in. You can personalize that story and pray prophetic scriptures into your own life.

https://blog-by-nehita..com/2023/08/consequences-of-fear-story-time.html

(1) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of This Occurrence / A Message To You From The Almighty (updated Due To Censorship) / What Can I Do? What Is My Identity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.