Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This (981 Views)

Confused Between Node Js And PHP / See My Amazing Planets Fact Site I Did With React JS And Slick Animations. / Lets Learn React Native,javascript,react Js And Node Js Together(alimosho LGA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Bedwetter: 1:51am On Nov 06, 2023
Hehe

If your lang is not here , find rope do the needful

Because why will you do something that's paying you less after bleeding your eyes with codes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by bassdow: 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bedwetter:
Hehe

Because why will you do something that's paying you less after bleeding your eyes with codes

pity some people and add PHP abeg. AT least those wey dey do Copy & Paste, sell scripts, etc go follow jubilate
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by turmacs(f): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2023
Bedwetter:
Hehe

Mumu...Oga if money is your problem go and play football abeg, you'll make millions of dollars there. Some of you Naija devs hungry people disgust me honestly. If Most of the scientists responsible for the major advancements and breakthroughs we as humans have had in science and technology were people like you, Maybe we will still be in stone age by now because of zero creativity and ingenuity. Una own na to just sit down dey Google highest paid programming languages, nonsense. And for your information, BASH and Power Shell are not programming languages because i don't know what they're doing on that list, mugu.

6 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
turmacs:
Mumu...Oga if money is your problem go and play football abeg, you'll make millions of dollars there. Some of you Naija devs hungry people disgust me honestly. If Most of the scientists responsible for the major advancements and breakthroughs we as humans have had in science and technology were people like you, Maybe we will still be in stone age by now because of zero creativity and ingenuity. Una own na to just sit down dey Google highest paid programming languages, nonsense. And for your information, BASH and Power Shell are not programming languages because i don't know what they're doing on that list, mugu.

Please shut up.

Money is the greatest motivation for delving into this field like it or not.

If you want solve problem go learn assembly language

3 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Tunechi5(m): 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Please shut up.

day play Lol so what now your greatest motivation if not money
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
Tunechi5:

Read my reply well
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Bedwetter: 12:43am On Nov 08, 2023
turmacs:

Technologies

Try day comprehend
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by telim: 1:09am On Nov 08, 2023
I rearly comment on this section because lots of Nigerians hardly behave normal. Every reprogramming language is good provided you optimise your code and follow good coding practices. I developed a SAAS platform using php with c#.
The system as being working perfectly without any glitch even though it took me 3 years to develop the system it really worth it.

Be good at any language of your choice and develop SAAS platform targetting international clients instead of being slave they now call freelancers.

5 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Millerules(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2023
Una go just dey worry about techs lol.

Build products!! Think like a business man. Build something people will pay you to use. Even if it’s to build and put ads on it.

If you want to work for big tech companies fine, but not everyone gets such opportunities.

A junior mobile developer with couple of meaningful and bug-free apps earn close if not even more than a bank manager just from Adverts. Lol Poverty no dey tire una?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by flexispy: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
It's so over grin grin
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlaqFaze: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
Go and learn only ZIG because of one blog post on the internet and see how handicapped you'll be.

A programming language won't pay you money... clients will, whether you are a Freelancer or a Business owner

And clients don't care about the tech used... that's one of reasons they're paying you as a developer if not they'll do it themselves

3 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Babangidapikin: 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
Millerules:

Build products!! Think like a business man. Build something people will pay you to use. Even if it’s to build and put ads on it.

If you want to work for big tech companies fine, but not everyone gets such opportunities.

A junior mobile developer with couple of meaningful and bug-free apps earn close if not even more than a bank manager just from Adverts. Lol Poverty no dey tire una?
It is true focus on product, you get inducted into more language quickly since you are learning by doing...

2 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by airsaylongcome: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Please shut up.

Money is not the greatest motivation for people like us. Money was never the reason we went into computing.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by airsaylongcome: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
Tunechi5:

Solving a need was the motivation. I started programming because I had a friend who could play computer games when I couldn't even get on a computer. I'm talking Carmen San Diego on a PC in 1993. Decided I will learn programming and write my own game to play. And 30 years after, money still isn't the motivation

4 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by olamilarks(m): 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
Millerules:

Word! This is why I respect Indians. Be like the education they gave Nigerians is geared towards getting a job!

1 Like

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by olamilarks(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Solving a need was the motivation. I started programming because I had a friend who could play computer games when I couldn't even get on a computer. I'm talking Carmen San Diego on a PC in 1993. Decided I will learn programming and write my own game to play. And 30 years after, money still isn't the motivation
I always look forward to your responses.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Money is not the greatest motivation for people like us. Money was never the reason we went into computing.

Keep telling yourself that
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by airsaylongcome: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Keep telling yourself that

It’s not what I tell myself. It's a fact for me. I studied Computer Science as a first degree. But for years I worked in Supply Chain using my computing skills to drive demand and production planning. And while doing that, I had a homelab where I messed about with a lot of software. Spending a lot of money buying hardware for the lab for the fun of it. Family thought I was crazy spending almost all my income on a hobby. My motivation was and never is money. I like that my computing knowledge enables me earn more. But if you take out the pay, I would still continue doing what I do.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

It’s not what I tell myself. It's a fact for me. I studied Computer Science as a first degree. But for years I worked in Supply Chain using my computing skills to drive demand and production planning. And while doing that, I had a homelab where I messed about with a lot of software. Spending a lot of money buying hardware for the lab for the fun of it. Family thought I was crazy spending almost all my income on a hobby. My motivation was and never is money. I like that my computing knowledge enables me earn more. But if you take out the pay, I would still continue doing what I do.

You're not wrong in all what you've said.

What I'm telling you is... No matter how you twist it I know part of or most of the reasons that keeps you going even when you haven't gotten a Job or anything is that fact that one day you wish to gain SUCCESS/MONEY in what you're doing or Love doing.

That's my point... The fact that you wish to earn more or gain a lot of money with what you love doing is motivation on its own.

I don't know where you currently work, but if a Job opportunity comes with Twice as much pay as what you're getting now I bet you'd jump on it irrespective of whatever fun project you're currently working on in your current work place.

1 Like

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by qtguru(m): 5:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

What I'm telling you is... No matter how you twist it I know part of or most of the reasons that keeps you going even when you haven't gotten a Job or anything is that fact that one day you wish to gain SUCCESS/MONEY in what you're doing or Love doing.

That's my point... The fact that you wish to earn more or gain a lot of money with what you love doing is motivation on its own.

I don't know where you currently work, but if a Job opportunity comes with Twice as much pay as what you're getting now I bet you'd jump on it irrespective of whatever fun project you're currently working on in your current work place.

Mehn at a certain point it's about the cash, I used to go the purist route, till bills had to be paid. Enterprise pays the bills not open source, unless it's consultation fee for the open source. It's tough out there.

3 Likes

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
qtguru:

Mehn at a certain point it's about the cash, I used to go the purist route, till bills had to be paid. Enterprise pays the bills not open source, unless it's consultation fee for the open source. It's tough out there.

I swear.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
olamilarks:
Word! This is why I respect Indians. Be like the education they gave Nigerians is geared towards getting a job!

Funny you.

No country has that "Goto university to land a good Job" mentality like the Indians or Asians in general.... If you're a fan of their movies you'd know.

Go and watch 3 idiots for example
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Sulele04(m): 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
qtguru:

Enterprise like Java spring boot.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by InteliJ(f): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2023
Bedwetter:
Hehe

When you get a job with one of these languages as a Nigerian living in Nigeria. Kindly let us know.

1 Like

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by airsaylongcome: 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

So first of, Success is not synonymous with money. And no, if a job with twice as much money comes, I would not jump at it if I don't enjoy it. I got an offer at a US company that develops CMS with a 40% pay bump. HTML, CSS and Javascript and all. Stuff I don't enjoy even though I can do it if I have to. Politely turned down the offer and told them Id be happy to work for them in a different role more aligned with what I do. So yes I'm happy to switch employers for better pay, but it has to be something I love doing.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by bassdow: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Please shut up.

Really
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by bassdow: 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Abeg help me tell am Ooo. it's obviously one of numerous reasons most would be jumping from one language to another without being average in any of them.

Have repeatedly said this - I rather earn lower, doing what I love, than the other way way round
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
bassdow:

Really
Yes
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
bassdow:

Abeg help me tell am Ooo. it's obviously one of numerous reasons most would be jumping from one language to another without being average in any of them.

Have repeatedly said this - I rather earn lower, doing what I love, than the other way way round

Mr Lover Lover

Come I have 5k Job for you.

1 Like

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by BlackhatMentor: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
bassdow:

You don't have to love your Job to be good at it.
Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by qtguru(m): 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
Sulele04:

Enterprise like Java spring boot.

Yes and enterprise platforms like Moodle, Shopify, Salesforce etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JS AND Cpp Boys Will Be Upset By This by Najdorf: 7:19pm On Nov 08, 2023
Bedwetter:
Hehe

This doesn't mean anything. What this infographic shows is popular technologies used at high paying companies.

Take for example OCamL, a huge reason why it's on this list is Jane Street and Bloomberg. Unfortunately, 90% of devs will not stand to gain much from learning a niche language like OCaml. It would be an obvious waste of time and it shows why these "highest paid language lists" are pointless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Code-from-scratch Bunch Of Applications. / Changing From Vb6 To Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 / Xml: Extensible Markup Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.